What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 PGA Tour - (2 Viewers)

Tiger looked pretty stiff on Friday, coming up and out off the tee most of the time. This is the Tiger of today...he won’t compete this year until near the end IMO without getting into a rhythm, then there is a line of too much play.

I’ve never ever seen as many pros decelerate and chunk chips leaving it in thick rough like yesterday. Even in the most brutal US Opens. They knew they had basically one foot landing spots to keep it on the green. 

Do folks enjoy these types of tournaments? The US Open is its own thing but watching the ball just bounce off the green isn't that enjoyable to watch. If I wanted to see that, I'd go to the local course. 

sporthenry said:
Do folks enjoy these types of tournaments? The US Open is its own thing but watching the ball just bounce off the green isn't that enjoyable to watch. If I wanted to see that, I'd go to the local course. 
Not really. I do like seeing them challenged for short siding, taking wrong angles etc. Where they have to pull of unreal shots to recover. But they have to have a chance. I don’t like seeing perfect drives rolling through to the rough without a chance to keep it in the fairway 

How bad you think Tiger just wants to be able to finish 18 right now? Should be a rule that if you're near the green on 18 when they blow the horn you can finish quickly if you want. Tiger could chip and two putt in about 15 seconds. Pretty sure he doesn't care if he finishes +5 or +6.

Maybe I'm alone with this but I'm loving not having fans around the players. Not only for the lack of yelling but it's nice being able to see so much of the actual course around the golfers. 

Jon Rahm moved his ball just before holing out from the fringe.

He's going to be disqualified.
Is he disqualified? Thought it's just 2 shots. Yeah, that is what they just said. Unless he signs the card. So someone should tell Palmer. Although they're friends so doubt he'd rattle him. 

It's a 2-shot penalty if you correct the score before you sign the scorecard. Otherwise it's a DQ.

He needs to get a ruling from an official. They may just say that it didn't move enough to justify a penalty.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a 2-shot penalty if you correct the score before you sign the scorecard. Otherwise it's a DQ.

He needs to get a ruling from an official. They may just say that it didn't move enough to justify a penalty.
Or just take the 2-shot and be done with it. I mean it won't matter so it'd be gross incompetence to let him sign it then DQ him. 

Actually it's not a dq any longer if the shots are being added due to a penalty

He was shocked in the post round interview. But that was before he signed and turned in his card.  No brainer.  Nod your head, say yes, take the penalty, winner's check and go celebrate being the world's #1 with Mrs. Rahm tonight

Did anybody watch the 4-man charity event today?  Anybody of the four look particularly dialed in (or not)?  How was Fleetwood?  I can't seem to find any details anywhere, other than that they shot -11 on nine holes.  

He got a tour victory this year and his give-a-crapper is in the shop.  No way I'd touch him in DFS right now.  
Wasn't going to use him, but listened to a podcast (don't remember which one) and decided to put him in a couple of lineups. He's the only over par guy in those 2 lineups.

He's a WD. At least he can't hurt me anymore than he already has. 

Sneaky good little golfer I like here is Max Homa.  I think he's got a bright future. 
Put him in my DK lineup after last weekends tourney.  Hearing he had backed off Twitter to put more time into his game and having it show results right away made him a nice buy.

Yep....he's an ###
He used to be even worse about stuff like this and play even slower, so it's just comedy at this point to me.  They couldn't cast better rules officials as the "straight man" for these theatrics....

He's a competitive guy that doesn't have any friends and plays golf for a living....it's not like he has anything better to to than submit these "queries". 

He's the type of the player that gets so far in his own head that situations like this and just picking something to argue about probably keep him from over thinking.

Let the man have his golf....

........and his kettlebells

.........and his calculator

And give him one of those stupid hats too while you're at it. 

.....And get that camera outta his face!

I love JT but that young group is soft as hell...BDC and Koepka will force them to either toughen up or settle in at not great.

Out of the doldrums, a week before the PGA Koepka turns the power on.  What have his PGA odds been?

Brooks is still ready for the majors. Game is peaking.  Unlucky his 3rd didn’t check on the par 5, took a 6 and then he hit a slight double cross on 18 - game over. If that ball cuts 3 yards he’s fine. 

JT was tough and chipped great but he has to figure out how not to miss so far right under pressure. He got really lucky on his misses. 

Rickie wilted again on the back 9. He had a chance to make a statement after birdies on 2 and 3.  Just melted.  Just not a closer  

Todd was so tentative on his putts. Full swing too (body was stopping that’s why he was overcooking everything left). 

Man guys cost themselves hundreds of thousands on 18. Brooks doubles to go from second alone to a 4 way tie. Fitzpatrick - I cant even explain what he did starting with his shot from the fairway. Worst swing all year and then a terrible, terrible 3 putt. Reavie, Day and others just bad bogies

Phil is the first over 50 with a top 5 at a WGC event.

The transition to Harding Park could be tough on golfers nursing injuries, as the temp will drop aggressively.

Users who are viewing this thread