What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

14 Team Devy Draft - UPDATE: Finished (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
14 team devy PPR - Devy draft is separate from the rookie draft.  

Draft Results - 

1.01 - Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU
1.02 - Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota
1.03 - Chubba Hubbard RB OK ST
1.04 - Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama
1.05 - George Pickens WR Georgia
1.06 - Justin Fields QB Ohio State
1.07 - DeVonta Smith WR Alabama
1.08 - Kyle Pitts TE Florida
1.09 - Tylan Wallace WR Oklahoma State
1.10 - Master Teague RB Ohio St
1.11 - Seth Williams WR Auburn
1.12 - Garrett Wilson WR Ohio State
1.13 - Breece Hall RB Iowa St
1.14 - Bijan Robinson RB Texas

Here are the devys already rostered

* Etienne, Travis FA RB (R)

* Ross, Justyn FA WR (R)

* Marshall, Terrace FA WR (R)

* Shorter, Justin FA WR (R)

* Harris, Najee FA RB (R)

* Robertson, Demetris FA WR (R)

* Moore, Rondale FA WR (R)

* Emery, John FA RB (R)

* Sanders, Trey FA RB (R)

* Lawrence, Trevor FA QB (R)

* St Brown, Amon-Ra FA WR (R)

* Sermon, Trey FA RB (R)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ja'Marr Chase

Chuba Hubbard

Rashod Bateman

Master Teague

George Pickens

Julian Fleming

Devonta Smith

Garrett Wilson

Zach Charbonnet

Max Borghi

Jaylen Waddle

Breece Hall

Bijan Robinson

Ja'Marr Chase

Chuba Hubbard

Rashod Bateman

Master Teague

George Pickens

Julian Fleming

Devonta Smith

Garrett Wilson

Zach Charbonnet

Max Borghi

Jaylen Waddle

Breece Hall

Bijan Robinson
Too high on Teague, Pickens, Fleming, Borghi, and Robinson.  Waddle and Smith will probably go top 5.  I like Charbonnet more than Teague.  I think you got the first two correct and possibly the top 3.  I don't think Fleming will go in the top 14 this year and this league is a 1 round draft 14 teams.

As an OSU fan (married into it 23 years ago) Teague doesn't look that good to me.  He's a lumberer. 

I'm thinking more like:

Ja'Marr Chase

Cubba Hubbard - I know the guy sitting at 1.2 doesn't want Hubbard.  Look for him to try to trade down to 1.3 and take Bateman, Smith, or Waddle, whichever one he likes most.

Rashod Bateman

Devonta Smith

Jaylen Waddle

Zach Charbonnet

Kenneth Gainwell

Kyle Pitts

Brevin Jordan

George Pickens

Zamir White

Master Teague (...it won't be me for sure)

Breece Hall

Pat Freirmuth or Tylan Wallace

I traded for the 1.1 and have the 1.4 and 1.8.  I'm still trying to build in this 14 team league.  While I have tremendous success in 12 team leagues, I've failed miserably in this 14 team league.  I hope to change that in the next two years.  At 1.4 I'll probably take BPA and it's looking like a WR.  I have Trevor Lawrence, DeShaun Watson, J K Dobbins, Fournette, Hunt, Henderson, Hill, Calvin Ridley, Deebo Samuel, Hockenson, and Goedert, so I need this draft to hit.

Justin Fields could squeeze into the back end
Yes, the guy at 1.2 also has 1.5, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, 1.12, and 1.14 and he needs QB help, so he could very well use on of his late picks on Fields.  Having said that, I look for him to package two or three of his late picks and move up to 1.6 or 1.7 and grab one of the TEs, which he also needs help, even though he has Hooper and Cook.  Currently he as 7 and I have 3 of the top 14 picks.  Or he could move one of his late devy picks for an early to mid rookie draft pick and take one of Burrow or Tua.  He has lots of options.

Too high on Teague, Pickens, Fleming, Borghi, and Robinson.  Waddle and Smith will probably go top 5.  I like Charbonnet more than Teague.  I think you got the first two correct and possibly the top 3.  I don't think Fleming will go in the top 14 this year and this league is a 1 round draft 14 teams.

As an OSU fan (married into it 23 years ago) Teague doesn't look that good to me.  He's a lumberer. 
I honestly just posted my own league's PPR devy draft that just happened, in order. Only player I left out was Najee Harris who was already owned in your league. 

I honestly just posted my own league's PPR devy draft that just happened. Only player I left out was Najee Harris who was already owned in your league. 
I could only be so lucky if Teague went in the top 5 :)   In just a one round 14 team draft I doubt Fleming will get drafted.  Same for Borghi and Robinson.  Probably for Garrett as well, but he could go at the end.  I normally hate to draft TEs but the 2021 class has 3 top notch TEs in Jordan, Pitts, and Freiermuth.

I could only be so lucky if Teague went in the top 5 :)   In just a one round 14 team draft I doubt Fleming will get drafted.  Same for Borghi and Robinson.  Probably for Garrett as well, but he could go at the end.  I normally hate to draft TEs but the 2021 class has 3 top notch TEs in Jordan, Pitts, and Freiermuth.
TE devy picks tend to be a waste, it's tough to identify the true studs and even the few who pan out with blue chip pedigree aren't really worth it--see Howard. Nobody was using devy picks on Kelce, Kittle, Ertz, etc. despite some name recognition. I think part of it is that the flashiness that gains devy owner attention doesn't always translate at TE--see, Jace Amaro. 

Agree with you about Teague. 

Borghi I think you're going to he surprised on by the end of the summer, he's climbing rankings bc he's cut out well for today's NFL and it probably won't be long before he's a consensus top-6 or so available devy RB for PPR leagues (taking out the guys who are already owned like Etienne etc. obviously). The devy community as a whole tends to glom onto the big name/brand analysts and their rankings for college prospects this far out, and Borghi is the type to gain a hype train driven by some of those influential types, in my opinion.

That's what I try to predict with devys--a combination of future draft pedigree and future devy community hype/value. I rarely hold devys, beyond the blue chippers the hit rate is abysmal (although it's fun as hell, admittedly). What they are great for is playing stocks and turning them over in larger deals to make owners feel good about trading studs--they think they're reloading while you win championships. It's worked for me for a long time. You can usually tell the guys who are worth keeping, anyways--I have won 3 championships off the back of the devy drafts where I was rebuilding and netted Barkley, Chubb, CMC, Cook, etc. I didn't keep them all but it allowed me to fill out some stacked rosters. The part I don't brag about of course are the shares of guys like Jalen Hurd (as a stud RB lol), Duke Williams (as a stud WR not an UDFA longshot), even Colt Lyerla. Those are cases where my tendency to flip devys to rebuilds paid off. 

I’ve already posted at the league site the 1.01 is Ja’marr Chase.
He's of course a great prospect, I'm just personally hesitant to value wr high in devy leagues since you need at least two years before you can tell if you're getting any type of return in a regular rookie draft.

He's of course a great prospect, I'm just personally hesitant to value wr high in devy leagues since you need at least two years before you can tell if you're getting any type of return in a regular rookie draft.
I'll counter that with the short shelf life of RBs.  Is it me or did Todd Gurley's reign not last long.  I have my doubts about Fournette too.  Look at David Johnson's short time as the top RB.   Look how far Melvin Gordon has fallen.   Injuries rob RBs more as well.  Just look at Guice as an example.

I'll counter that with the short shelf life of RBs.  Is it me or did Todd Gurley's reign didn't last long.  I have my doubts about Fournette too.  Look at David Johnson's short time as the top RB.   Look how far Melvin Gordon has fallen.   Injuries rob RBs more as well.  Just look at Guice as an example.
I guess it's a personal preference to just keep cycling through young rbs and wait to trade for wrs on their second contracts.  My hit rate is much lower on college wrs.

Chubba Hubba is no1 on my list
I worry about how he's built from the hips down.  I don't think there is much power in his lower body and fear he could be used as a COP at the next level.  I like a lot about Hubbard, especially as a receiver out of the backfield, but there are some hidden warts IMO.

ETA:  Just as I suspected the guy at 1.2 is wanting to deal the pick.  He wants to move down only slightly and pick up something and take one of Waddle, Smith, or Bateman.  He's a smart owner.

Draft Results - 

1.01 - Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU
1.02 - Rashod Bateman WR Minnesota
1.03 - Chubba Hubbard RB OK ST
1.04 - Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama
1.05 - George Pickens WR Georgia
1.06 - Justin Fields QB Ohio State
1.07 - DeVonta Smith WR Alabama
1.08 - Kyle Pitts TE Florida
1.09 - Tylan Wallace WR Oklahoma State
1.10 - Master Teague RB Ohio St
1.11 - Seth Williams WR Auburn
1.12 - Garrett Wilson WR Ohio State
1.13 - Breece Hall RB Iowa St
1.14 - Bijan Robinson RB Texas

Some interesting choices.  I was surprised Fields went so early.  Robinson at 1.14 was also surprising considering Brevin Jordan, Zamir White, Julian Fleming, and Zack Charbonnet was on the board, but Robinson is a 5 star Freshman coming in for Texas and had ridiculous numbers in high school.

ETA:  Having to wait 3 years on a player is more than I'm willing to do , talking about Robinson, and RBs get hurt too often to take that early.

Some interesting choices.  I was surprised Fields went so early.  Robinson at 1.14 was also surprising considering Brevin Jordan, Zamir White, Julian Fleming, and Zack Charbonnet was on the board, but Robinson is a 5 star Freshman coming in for Texas and had ridiculous numbers in high school.
The Fields pick is very surprising to me. I don’t follow devy but I didn’t have Fields on my radar as a future NFL starter. 

The Fields pick is very surprising to me. I don’t follow devy but I didn’t have Fields on my radar as a future NFL starter. 
I could see him very late to a team desperate for a QB but not at 1.6. I would have traded down if I wanted Fields so bad.

I could see him very late to a team desperate for a QB but not at 1.6. I would have traded down if I wanted Fields so bad.
Right. Maybe it’s just my bias against Ohio State QBs? That OSU offense seems to inflate the hell out of their stats.

Not that I like taking in coming Freshman, but if you held a gun to my head I would have taken Fleming over Robinson.

Users who are viewing this thread