Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Zyphros

Dynasty: Bryan Edwards He's A RAIDER

8 minutes ago, matuski said:

And then Mariota comes in and drops that ceiling to 300 yards.

That is the fear. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Milkman said:

That is the fear. 

OAK WRs are pretty much on my do not draft list.

eta - I see the news today where astoundingly, Mariota is "struggling with accuracy" :lol: ... maybe I need to change my tune on OAK WRs a bit.

Edited by matuski

Unless you are in OAK/LA/LV homer leagues (like me) all Raider receivers - despite their talent/prospects, of which there is plenty to get hype about - need to be discounted by your opinion of Daverek Carr. I still think D.Carr has potential for a major rebound/renaissance. But I'm not confident about it. That said, offseason reports have been glowing. FWIW. Discount accordingly.

5 hours ago, LawFitz said:

Unless you are in OAK/LA/LV homer leagues (like me) all Raider receivers - despite their talent/prospects, of which there is plenty to get hype about - need to be discounted by your opinion of Daverek Carr. I still think D.Carr has potential for a major rebound/renaissance. But I'm not confident about it. That said, offseason reports have been glowing. FWIW. Discount accordingly.

Normally I would agree but Edwards is the type of WR Carr has been missing for a few years. Big physical with a huge catch radius. With Tyrell likely done for the season there's a real chance for 100+ targets. 

I wouldn't assume Williams is going to miss the season. This is difficult to play through and he won't be as effective, but players do it all the time. And he has $millions of reasons to give it a go. 

2 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

I wouldn't assume Williams is going to miss the season. This is difficult to play through and he won't be as effective, but players do it all the time. And he has $millions of reasons to give it a go. 

Agreed.   Pretty sure Williams is playing.  I discount the OAK WRs because I don’t Know how the targets will be distributed.   

If you are in a league with me, I think he will do horrible. Avoid. 

For everyone else, I think he is going to surprise a whole lot of people with a good amount of production for a rookie. 

8 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

If you are in a league with me, I think he will do horrible. Avoid. 

For everyone else, I think he is going to surprise a whole lot of people with a good amount of production for a rookie. 

Do you own him or are you trying to acquire him?

3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Do you own him or are you trying to acquire him?

I will neither confirm nor deny ownership or attempts to acquire in any said leagues that I may or may not be in. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

Bryan Edwards has been the starting X receiver at Raiders camp.

Tyrell Williams (shoulder) is questionable for Week 1, setting up Edwards for snaps on the outside. Edwards quietly opened camp with the first-team offense and has been the star of 11-on-11 drills. The Athletic’s Tashan Reed thinks the Raiders “don’t want people to know how good they think Edwards is” and “won’t hesitate” to play him. It’s looking possible the Raiders let both Edwards and Henry Ruggs open the season as starters.

RELATED: 

Henry Ruggs

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 30, 2020, 11:34 AM ET

7 minutes ago, Faust said:

It’s looking possible the Raiders let both Edwards and Henry Ruggs open the season as starters

My main dynasty team has both gentlemen. I can live with this.

He's been so good in camp they are trying to hide him!

He could pop right out of the gate. 

57 minutes ago, Milkman said:

He's been so good in camp they are trying to hide him!

He could pop right out of the gate. 

This is very similar in terms of hype, but also weird “ehh it’s too good to be true” style secrecy, to the McLaurin situation last year. I followed that camp every day as a fan and still was shocked when he followed through so well during the regular season. 

Raiders placed Tyrell Williams on IR. Sounds like Edwards will get to be a starter from the get go.

1 minute ago, mcintyre1 said:

Raiders placed Tyrell Williams on IR. Sounds like Edwards will get to be a starter from the get go.

Omg! ITS HAPPENING!

• Like 2

Where does this put him realistically? In 10 teamer, trying to decide if he is worth drafting. Still behind Ruggs and Renfrow, no?

I have no problem drafting him in front of Ruggs. I'm probably in the minority with that though. He likely would have been a 1st round pick if he could have fully participated in the combine. 

Edited by Milkman
  • Like 1

He's still being drafted reasonably low. I had the 14th and 21st pick in a 10 team draft yesterday, took Moss at 14 because he was the last RB with a path to decent production. I tried trading the 21st pick plus extras to move up and get Edwards. Couldn't get anyone to bite but Edwards fell to me at 21. There was a fluff piece publshed a few days ago saying to not expect much from him this year even if he's a starter which I think may have dropped value a little.

Edited by mcd

I believe I posted in here a couple weeks ago that I had been offered Edwards for Diontae, but wanted more to pull the trigger.

I did finally make that deal, basically Diontae and a future 2nd for Edwards and Tua. I was questionable on it but couldn’t shake the feeling that it was a good idea to get 2-3 years younger with a more prototypical WR1 type who was beasting in camp in a McLaurin type of way, but as a MUCH younger rookie. I’m still a big Diontae fan but the consensus in my league was that I got basically a free Tua, which I didn’t expect. 

Anyways, needless to say I’m happy to be riding the hype train with you all. Full steam ahead! 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 1:47 PM, Blackbear said:

There is not much I see that I don’t like. This is why I am high on him. Here is a draft profile. But I think the positives far outweigh negative of the strength weaknesses list. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/bryan-edwards/32194544-5715-7935-d52c-2e0bf57adf37

I like he did well against SEC competition. I like his size and athleticism. I also see on player profiler he is very high percentile rated in college dominator and breakout age. I don’t see really anything that I don’t like just looking at his play and physical attributes. They mention he had concentration issues leading to drops. I assume this can be worked on. 

I don’t like all of the WR on raiders roster that are projected ahead of him. He may find himself 4th WR. Because I think they love Renfrow in the slot. Ruggs has draft collateral and speed on his side to command a starting role. Williams probably ahead of Edwards to start the season. I think they may put him ahead of Agholor. This is the only think I don’t like, is the situation. 

Having said all of this if you don’t respect my strongly positive evaluation then it won’t matter at all to me. 🙂

So now what do you have to complain about since they put Williams in IR?

Just now, Blackbear said:

So now what do you have to complain about since they put Williams in IR?

Nothing. 🙂

2 hours ago, Milkman said:

I have no problem drafting in front of Ruggs. I'm probably in the minority with that though. He likely would have been a 1st round pick if he could have fully participated in the combine. 

Edwards should receive more targets.   Carr likes to play it safe.   Ruggs will get used but I see Edwards as the chain moving WR.   

This Mclaurin talk is premature.    McLaurin played extremely well in a tough situation.  

Once upon a time Carr was able to make Cooper and Crabtree fantasy relevant in the same season. Question for this year is can he make Ruggs, Edwards and Waller relevant + also leave some pie for Renfrow? If he can, the fantasy world is sleeping on Derek Carr big time. I've been critical of him in times past, but this is the make or break moment. Top 3 OL + top 10 RB + top 5 TE + elite (though green/unproven) talent at WR + offensive HC.

15 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Edwards should receive more targets.   Carr likes to play it safe.   Ruggs will get used but I see Edwards as the chain moving WR.   

This Mclaurin talk is premature.    McLaurin played extremely well in a tough situation.  

I agree. If Edwards stays healthy he could lead the team in targets though. I agree the Mclaurin talk is a little premature but not by much.

Williams numbers before he got hurt last year. 

In 5 games 30 targets 20 receptions for 307 yards. Prorates to 90+ targets 60+ catches 1000 yards.

Edwards isn't the big play threat Williams was but he is a better WR overall with a much bigger catch radius than Williams. Carr will be more comfortable throwing to Edwards than he was Williams. It seems reasonable to me he can command a higher target share than Williams did even as a rookie. I mean it's not like there's a solid vet WR to compete for targets with. So I'm bumping his targets up in my projections. 100-120 targets this year would be my guess. 

1 hour ago, Blackbear said:

Nothing. 🙂

Did you forget to sign into a different account to have this interaction? You just quoted yourself twice as it you were two different posters here lol

• Laughing 2

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Did you forget to sign into a different account to have this interaction? You just quoted yourself twice as it you were two different posters here lol

That was what I meant to do. 😀 You didn’t find it funny? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Milkman said:

WR1 upside "this" year but probably ends up in the WR2 range......

You think he “probably” ends up as a WR2 as a rookie? I hope you’re right but that’s a bit pie-in-the-sky, no? 

37 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You think he “probably” ends up as a WR2 as a rookie? I hope you’re right but that’s a bit pie-in-the-sky, no? 

Nope. He's my 2nd best WR in this draft and he's a favorite to lead the team in targets imo. I'm all in on this guy. Maybe a little bit of a rookie slow start and then I see him taking off week 3-4-5ish and not looking back. 

44 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Is 2.01 too early to reach for Edwards in PPR?

Yes.   Seems really difficult to predict targets in the Raider O.  There may not be a true main target and targets may end up pretty equally distributed at the end of the season to Edwards, Waller, Ruggs and Renfrow.   Edwards should receive more than Ruggs and Renfrow but I don’t think it will be by much.    Williams being taken out of the mix certainly helps Edwards but I’m not sure it pushes him to the top of the pecking order in LV.    This may help Waller owners most for the first half of the season as the two rookie WRs learn the NFL.   

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, hispeedthinmint said:

No I think it is fine. Get your guy. I took him in May drafts at 2.06 to 2.12. With the drumbeat he should be around early 2nd late 1st now.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:
1 hour ago, hispeedthinmint said:

No I think it is fine. Get your guy. I took him in May drafts at 2.06 to 2.12. With the drumbeat he should be around early 2nd late 1st now.

Definitely agree with this -- @DocHolliday also has some good points about concerns, but there's similar concerns for a lot of the guys in that early 2nd range. At the least, you'll get to see what you have right away (for better or worse). Some of those other 2nd round rookies won't get a real opportunity for awhile. He was going mid 2nd in all of my drafts in May as well, so I imagine with the positive news he's rocketing up. I saw someone took him 1.10 last week in one of the rookie drafts posted in that thread (it was noted as odd, but maybe the guy looks like a genius by the end of the season).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Not at all.  Take him and appreciate him.  He's a beast.  

• Like 1

I just traded for him.  I don't expect a huge 2020 out of him but I think long term he'll be pretty beastly.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

I just traded for him.  I don't expect a huge 2020 out of him but I think long term he'll be pretty beastly.

Out of curiosity, what'd it take? I've put out a few feelers, but seems like most aren't willing to move him.

38 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Out of curiosity, what'd it take? I've put out a few feelers, but seems like most aren't willing to move him.

It's to late bro. Most see he's starting now so everyone is in love with him. Give it 2 weeks hope he starts slow and offer a 2021 1st for Edwards and a 2021 2nd. 

Edited by Milkman

35 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

Damien Harris straight up. 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2020 at 2:13 AM, LawFitz said:

The word that describes Carr is inconsistent.  If he could maintain his highs, he would be pretty good.  The highs tell me that the potential is there, but I don’t know that he will ever maintain

22 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

oh man nice deal

Yeah crazy. His value would be way higher in most leagues. 

I liked it.  Harris was getting some huge press so who knows how that actually unfolds but as a Raider fan and having precious few opportunities to get my guys I had to take it.  He's now mine in 3/5 leagues.  Two more to go.

On 9/1/2020 at 5:07 PM, 3 hour lunch said:

Where does this put him realistically? In 10 teamer, trying to decide if he is worth drafting. Still behind Ruggs and Renfrow, no?

Redraft I am guessing?   PPR?

If I had to count on him as a starter, I would probably have a hard time picking any one of the 3 (especially in a 10-teamer).

Personally, I have taken Renfro off my draft board (even in 12-team leagues).  I just don't see his upside and doubt he repeats what he did last year.  If I had to pick one thinking he would be counted on for at least a few starts, in ppr, I'd probably take Edwards first (looking for a safer floor).  If I was looking for a lottery pick at the end of the bench, I could see someone going for Riggs or Edwards.  Based upon "Oakland" and "Carr", I'd probably still go Edwards.

3 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

Just not sure if I want him over Aiyuk, Higgins, Gibson & Pittman. (Dynasty PPR)

Not sure who else might be available when you make that particular choice, but I'd take him over:

• Higgins (he could be big, but I think he has the biggest bust possibility of this grouping)
  • Aiyuk (I am not sure what his ultimate long-term ceiling is with Deebo (and assuming, [perhaps I shouldn't assume] that their other receivers get and stay healthy) in that offense. 

I'd struggle more between he, Pittman and Gibson, but I think in the end, I'd take him before either. I think he has at least as high a floor as either of these two and probably as high a ceiling.  Your mileage may vary.