What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not watch the Trump-Presser, but the stock dip seemed a little steeper than yesterday, anything specific, or just a general murkiness?

He's literally complaining about dishonest journalism in the context of a reporter that simply stated widely known facts (number of cases and deaths in the US). 

Markets head south when he speaks. He is at odds with his scientific advisors. That spooks investors because he is not a reliable, trusted leader. He’s a lying lunatic detached from reality in a dangerous way

He referred to State Department as “Deep State Department.” He can’t help himself. He has to divide and promote conspiracies and ignorance, when the country needs a steady hand.
Good to see investors finally catching on. 

I did not watch the Trump-Presser, but the stock dip seemed a little steeper than yesterday, anything specific, or just a general murkiness?
Because it's like half of the country is in the movie "Memento" and needs to be reminded every day that "THIS guy is in charge? We're all doomed."

You quoted nothing leading up to the end when President Trump rightfully called him a terrible journalist. Quote the full exchange.
I am not a stenographer. I can only quote what I can, time permitting. You or anyone else are free to fill in any details I have missed. 

Trump's feelings get hurt causing a tantrum when reporters ask him to clarify what he means by his "feelings" about this drug. 

Head is seriously hurting from this.

Oof was that a CNN reporter who asked a question about the deep state? They need to trim this media crowd down ASAP. Most of these questions are totally worthless.

Lol really? At least put the context to this, you are leaving out 95% of the exchange. Fake news here. 
I watched the exchange and maybe I missed something but it seems the reporters listed the facts of cases and deaths, then asks what the President would say to people who are scared? Am I missing something?

Trump's feelings get hurt causing a tantrum when reporters ask him to clarify what he means by his "feelings" about this drug. 

Head is seriously hurting from this.
He's not capable of accepting responsibility and dealing with crisis situations like this with facts, being calm and being a stoic leader.  

Wait what network does Sean Spicer work for that he is asking questions to begin with.  I mean what is he doing some Watters World BS during a pandemic?

You missed the part where he put stinky bait on a hook and threw it in the water for you to gobble.
For what many of us would consider a strong leader, that question should've a been a total softball. A chance to, you know, reassure in spite of numbers that are legitimately scaring people (scaring people even more when they realize we don't even know the numbers because we aren't testing nearly enough). 

Instead of taking that opportunity to reaasure, Trump had a tantrum.

If you want to talk about a country handling this virus poorly, look at Italy.  The US and Italy had their first confirmed case at nearly the same time.  Look where Italy is and look where the US is.  Trump travel restrictions against advice was called racist and xenophobic but it looks like that move has help us to slow the initial curve of infections to give us time to make sure we have stockpiles of medical equipment.  Now it's just a matter of getting that equipment to the people who need it.  I'm extremely encouraged as an American at how both parties are working together and how private industry is showing up in this time of crisis.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread