Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
James Daulton

Government Response To The Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Tom Skerritt said:

Trump cabinet bible study leader now blaming god’s reaping wrath in response to the coronavirus on China, environmentalism, and homosexuality. 
 

ETA: No big surprise here. This response was just a matter of time. 

That's not true, because I spoke to God just this morning and He said there wasn't an underlying reason it was happening, it's just one of those things. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

@Rich Conway will be in charge?

I'll have it fixed in minutes, bigly.  It'll be tremendous, like nothing you've ever seen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kal El said:

That's not true, because I spoke to God just this morning and He said there wasn't an underlying reason it was happening, it's just one of those things. 

The same god who wants to get the economy going again by Easter I presume?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tom Skerritt said:

The same god who wants to get the economy going again by Easter I presume?

No, that's just Trump's idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

Hey if you want :cry:because you think you found one country that did better and want to dodge addressing the ones I mentioned I'm not going to stop you, have fun. 

Don't be dense. Your premise was that politicians have no control over this. There are two countries with large outbreaks where the government response practically halted the spread. You then deflect and say - we can't trust China and you conveniently ignore S. Korea. Then your argument is "other countries are having problems too" - which is completely irrelevant to your fallacious belief that politicians don't have any control over this. As far as Italy and Spain? Worse. We don't have the death toll at the moment but our populace is being infected more quickly and we still don't have a national response which means we haven't seen the worst of it yet. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kal El said:

The man may be an actual Bond villain, and he has the sense to protect himself. What even is reality now?

I have on good authority he has a large stockpile of long haired fluffy white cats. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

I have on good authority he has a large stockpile of long haired fluffy white cats. 

Link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kal El said:
19 minutes ago, Tom Skerritt said:

The same god who wants to get the economy going again by Easter I presume?

No, that's just Trump's idea. 

I'm giving Trump the benefit of the doubt that he made the same mistake that many in here did yesterday and thought that the "peak" hitting in one month rather than three was a good thing.    I'm hoping that he is not spinning a positive on that we screwed this all up so much that the worst case scenario is happening and there is no longer any hope to "flatten the curve" so no longer any point to the measures we are trying to practice now to achieve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

I'm hoping that he is not spinning a positive on that we screwed this all up so much that the worst case scenario is happening and there is no longer any hope to "flatten the curve" so no longer any point to the measures we are trying to practice now to achieve it.

I seriously expect this to be the message in a few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Julian Borger @julianborger ·

 

According to Der Spiegel, the G7 foreign ministers haven't been able to agree on a joint statement because of Pompeo's insistence it refer to #coronavirus as the "Wuhan virus". Pompeo did not deny that this morning - said G7 don't agree on everything

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Julian Borger @julianborger ·

 

According to Der Spiegel, the G7 foreign ministers haven't been able to agree on a joint statement because of Pompeo's insistence it refer to #coronavirus as the "Wuhan virus". Pompeo did not deny that this morning - said G7 don't agree on everything

So our representative is possibly holding up a G7 statement on stupid language that only Trump wants?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Skerritt said:

Trump cabinet bible study leader now blaming god’s reaping wrath in response to the coronavirus on China, environmentalism, and homosexuality. 
 

ETA: No big surprise here. This response was just a matter of time. 

You just know God is  :hot: about environmentalism.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Skerritt said:

Trump cabinet bible study leader now blaming god’s reaping wrath in response to the coronavirus on China, environmentalism, and homosexuality. 
 

ETA: No big surprise here. This response was just a matter of time. 

God is against protecting the environment? That’s a new one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Why do you think those whacky scientists put those lines on the graph?  They have meaning.  In fact they were the essence of the graph.  Only you guys are obsessed with  what the slope of the curve is the last few days.   It could be an indication of where things might be headed or could be an anomaly, but that is not the purpose.  

I agree with your position here though the updates graph for today doesn’t look good 

https://twitter.com/markmackinnon/status/1242798008170938369?s=21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Skerritt said:

Trump cabinet bible study leader now blaming god’s reaping wrath in response to the coronavirus on China, environmentalism, and homosexuality. 
 

ETA: No big surprise here. This response was just a matter of time. 

Ah yes, team belief. Always asking doubters to be tolerant and open minded. #homosexualityisasin #godlovesyouifyoupayme #abortionismurder #scienceisoptional

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, msommer said:

Ah yes, team belief. Always asking doubters to be tolerant and open minded. #homosexualityisasin #godlovesyouifyoupayme #abortionismurder #scienceisoptional

That guy doesn't speak for me at all. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, great. We're reaching the "bash religion" phase of this thread. Some of you guys are too predictable. Not sure why I decided to join this discussion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kal El said:

That guy doesn't speak for me at all. 

The problem is a lot more people hear his message compared to yours, whether part of his church or just what gets reported to the public as "this is what Christians believe". He has plenty of equally loud colleagues that have been spreading a similar message for 40 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I agree with your position here though the updates graph for today doesn’t look good 

https://twitter.com/markmackinnon/status/1242798008170938369?s=21

I’m sure it’s been discussed in the pages prior here but what is the theory on why our death totals are so much lower relative to the overall number of cases versus everywhere else?   Here are the most current numbers.....

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RnR said:

Oh, great. We're reaching the "bash religion" phase of this thread. Some of you guys are too predictable. Not sure why I decided to join this discussion.

Or bash the guy using a really bad take on religion...because that is what that quote was...really really awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RnR said:

Oh, great. We're reaching the "bash religion" phase of this thread. Some of you guys are too predictable. Not sure why I decided to join this discussion.

Atheists can voice opinions too. Especially when its the White House spiritual leader spewing nonsense.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Amused to Death said:

Atheists can voice opinions too. Especially when its the White House spiritual leader spewing nonsense.

Even us believers can voice such an opinion when such a leader is spewing nonsense.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RnR said:

Oh, great. We're reaching the "bash religion" phase of this thread. Some of you guys are too predictable. Not sure why I decided to join this discussion.

Sorry, but a religious leader in the White House stepped into the "bash me" circle when he said the coronavirus was a punishment of God.

And if the bashing bothered you, maybe you should remember that Christ took up the burden of the cross, carried it for miles while enduring insults, lashes, and a crown of thorns to save mankind. And after a few harsh remarks you complain. Little wonder why modern evangelism has failed and more people are leaving the christian faith.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Atheists can voice opinions too.

Sure. And there's a respectful way to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Sorry, but a religious leader in the White House stepped into the "bash me" circle when he said the coronavirus was a punishment of God.

And if the bashing bothered you, maybe you should remember that Christ took up the burden of the cross, carried it for miles while enduring insults, lashes, and a crown of thorns to save mankind. And after a few harsh remarks you complain. Little wonder why modern evangelism has failed and more people are leaving the christian faith.

You made so many assumptions based on one short post that my head is spinning. Frankly, it's offensive.

Edited by RnR
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RnR said:

Sure. And there's a respectful way to do it.

Not sure I see anything disrespectful. But feel free to report any post you feel is out of line.  :thumbup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RnR said:

You made so many assumptions in one little post that my head is spinning. Frankly, it's offensive.

Sorry you have tender sensibilities.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Or it just reflects that they understand that a deadly virus like this isn't going to be contained by a politician, no matter what the "blame everything on Trump" crowd tries to force down their throat. 

You've been around here long enough to know that there is always going to be a faction of people that are in the "blame everything on the president" crowd.   Clinton got it, Bush got it, Obama got it and now Trump is getting it.   It goes along with the job.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RnR said:

Sure. And there's a respectful way to do it.

I respectfully disagree with that dude's idiotic opinion that coronavirus is a punishment from God.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Amused to Death said:

Not sure I see anything disrespectful. But feel free to report any post you feel is out of line.  :thumbup:

We can start here:

57 minutes ago, msommer said:

Ah yes, team belief. Always asking doubters to be tolerant and open minded. #homosexualityisasin #godlovesyouifyoupayme #abortionismurder #scienceisoptional

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lutherman2112 said:

Sorry you have tender sensibilities.

Sorry you are so quick to make assumptions about strangers and pass judgments on large groups of people. Must suck to be the actual definition of a bigot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I respectfully disagree with that dude's idiotic opinion that coronavirus is a punishment from God.

I'm cool with that. I actually agree with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RnR said:

We can start here:

 

:shrug: But then again, I find many things about religion disrespectful. Topic for a different thread I suppose. Maybe the administration should just leave religion out of this crisis. Leave it to the places of worship, where it belongs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Amused to Death said:

Topic for a different thread I suppose.

We should probably just end it here.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

You've been around here long enough to know that there is always going to be a faction of people that are in the "blame everything on the president" crowd.   Clinton got it, Bush got it, Obama got it and now Trump is getting it.   It goes along with the job.  

No...not even close. There are 3 letters we can’t even say here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, huthut said:

The problem is a lot more people hear his message compared to yours, whether part of his church or just what gets reported to the public as "this is what Christians believe". He has plenty of equally loud colleagues that have been spreading a similar message for 40 years. 

There is the biggest problem: people spouting off falsehoods in the name if Christ. They act like they have some kind of authority, when they don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RnR said:

Sorry you are so quick to make assumptions about strangers and pass judgments on large groups of people. Must suck to be the actual definition of a bigot.

Actually no, not a bigot. I just call out religious fakes when they are revealed. You whine about religious bashing, but you should just turn the other cheek.

I work with students and families that are the poorest of the poor, students that are wards of the state, victims of abuse, and addicted to drugs. I barely make 18,000 a year beacause I believe what I was put in position because this is where God wanted me. I consider myself honored to be able to help the young people with which I work.

Every other day since my school district shut down I Skype the local foster shelter and continue my reading to the younger ones the "My Side of the Mountain" trilogy. I also work every day with a 17 year old girl at the shelter on her high school equivalency. I do both for free.

I am not bigoted against Christians, I just challenge them. I am from a huge Catholic family, so please don't try to tell me I am bigoted against Christians.

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thousands of doctors and nurses have written an open letter to Trump, begging him to (1) issue a nationwide shelter in place order and (2) use the full powers of the Defense Protection Act. 

Seriously what is keeping the President from doing these things? At this point it is criminal. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:(

COVID19‏ @covid2019_info 1h1 hour ago

#Pandemic of #coronavirus: evolution of the number of deaths in #Italy since 1 week.

March 18: + 475

March 19: + 427

March 20: + 627

March 21: + 793

March 22: + 651

March 23: + 601

March 24: + 743

March 25: + 683

https://twitter.com/covid2019_info/status/1242886128040058880

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Actually no, not a bigot. I just call out religious fakes when they are revealed. You whine about religious bashing, but you should just turn the other cheek.

I work with students and families that are the poorest of the poor, students that are wards of the state, victims of abuse, and addicted to drugs. I barely make 18,000 a year beacause I believe what I was put in position because this is where God wanted me. I consider myself honored to be able to help the young people with which I work.

Every other day since my school district shut down I Skype the local foster shelter and continue my reading to the younger ones the "My Side of the Mountain" trilogy. I also work every day with a 17 year old girl at the shelter on her high school equivalency. I do both for free.

I am not bigoted against Christians, I just challenge them. I am from a huge Catholic family, so please don't try to tell me I am bigoted against Christians.

 

I'll go one step further and say that as a believer, if my faith isn't being challenged, am I actually doing what I'm supposed to be doing? We're told that as believers, we should expect hardships, but so many fall for the "prosperity gospel" BS, then are surprised when a magical genie doesn't suddenly take their problems away. That's not how any of this works!

 

Ok, back on topic. Saw that tweet shared here about the CV rate here apparently getting worse. That's why we need to still quarantine(I can't say "social isolation," it just sounds stupid to me).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ugh. :yucky:

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump 9m9 minutes ago

The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!

 

Edited to add cross posted in Trump Tweets thread.

Edited by squistion
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

You've been around here long enough to know that there is always going to be a faction of people that are in the "blame everything on the president" crowd.   Clinton got it, Bush got it, Obama got it and now Trump is getting it.   It goes along with the job.  

You are probably right, they just didn't take it to such an extreme level that a whole new forum had to be created for them that they flooded daily. I think you are right though, there's always those people. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member