Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
James Daulton

Government Response To The Coronavirus

18 minutes ago, zDragon said:

This is the problem as long as this attitude persists we as a nation have an issue. It is impossible to put differences aside for a lot of people. 

I'm middle of the road independent and listen to what he is actually saying and understand it.  I know and understand he's trying to put a positive message forward in his way. He speaking tone and use of language are not the best. I know to self isolate and that things could get worse because i'm listening. I know he is hopeful that we will fight through this and see good progress by Easter but that the Task force will evaluate and make guidelines from there. I will not be running outside and licking thing on that date.  I also understand that he want's to keep people hopeful as their business collapse around them, as their families fall apart as they lose loved ones or jobs.  I get his message because I don't have hate filled glasses on. 

I get he's not who you voted for nor I but he is who we have and we should listen to the message and not twist it. 

This would be so much better if people would follow Faucis' advice and get over the little stuff and come together as nation as he said we have differences but overall their not big differences.

What I highlighted here is not what Trump is saying.   A few days ago he said he wants to see the churches packed on Easter Sunday.  That is very irresponsible and will almost certainly cost lives.  If he was saying what you are interpreting him as meaning I would not have any problem with it but he's not.

• Like 1

Guy comes out and says "beautiful day" and "people want to get back to work" while there's an 18 wheeler makeshift morgue at one hospital and lack of equipment to ensure doctor/nurse safety at most of the others. We're rudderless. Anyone who thinks we're "back to normal" in a little while is out of their minds. Think where this thing is going to be in 3 weeks.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

Liberal hot beds...or you know, huge cities and populations on the coast with a ton of international travelers that came in and out while POTUS downplayed the virus as no big deal

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Liberal hot beds...or you know, huge cities and populations on the coast with a ton of international travelers that came in and out while POTUS downplayed the virus as no big deal

Yep like I said, I'm sure all the democrats are holed up inside and it's all the MAGA's sunning on the beaches and crowding the parks.

2 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yep like I said, I'm sure all the democrats are holed up inside and it's all the MAGA's sunning on the beaches and crowding the parks.

Making any political crap about the cities where there are that many infections is pretty ridiculous .

I don’t know how many pages I’ve missed today...any pertinent articles updating stimulus progress and national fight against this pandemic from today

Just now, sho nuff said:

Making any political crap about the cities where there are that many infections is pretty ridiculous .

Why are you directing this at me and not the person who originally made the point about 30-40% of America eating up Trump's every word and not being able to keep them indoors?

I'm very sure I know why.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Why are you directing this at me and not the person who originally made the point about 30-40% of America eating up Trump's every word and not being able to keep them indoors?

I'm very sure I know why.

Because his point didn't make a bogus political claim about cities most suffering from a pandemic.  He referenced his base which has stood by him no matter what as the  ones most likely to listen to home.

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Because his point didn't make a bogus political claim about cities most suffering from a pandemic.  He referenced his base which has stood by him no matter what as the  ones most likely to listen to home.

Lol, you could make a living as a shill. The only person in this conversation who has any chance of being right is me. And that's because I'm the one saying no political affiliation can claim exclusivity on staying inside or carrying on about in public. Take your usual nonsense to a different discussion.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Choke said:

The words speaking against "locking down and staying inside" do seem to have a heavy political affiliation tlt.  And from influencers from that affiliation.

You agree?  Or should we start posting those pertinent links?

Lol sure, this should be fun. I'd love to see proof that it's the Trump supporters causing all the spread in these liberal bastions.

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Lol, you could make a living as a shill. The only person in this conversation who has any chance of being right is me. And that's because I'm the one saying no political affiliation can claim exclusivity on staying inside or carrying on about in public. Take your usual nonsense to a different discussion.

Yes while you then make claims about the liberal hot beds...but everyone else is the shill.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

While I know you’re being flippant, and this is intended to be ridiculous statement there are kernels of truth in it. The friends I have that are hard-core Trump supporters to a person are taking this far lighter then the majority in the middle (and I’m not even lumping in my extreme left liberal snowflakey woke friends into that group). But the MAGA friends are still going to target every day, out and about running errands and talking about how Jesus will protect them. I’m not making jokes about this. Every word is true. Now I fully understand this is anecdotal and small in sample size but it does speak to the point that if Trump says it people listen. This group would absolutely be hunkered down if Trump wasn’t giving them the impression this was all over soon.  One friend told me yesterday that he heard Trump say “this will all be over by Easter”.  While there are tons of middled rational Trump supporters out there, you seem like one of them, there is a large swath of people out there that aren’t. They take every word he says as gospel.    

Edited by dkp993
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

:lmao:

People weren't bright enough to see what was happening in other countries?  They literally need Trump to tell them what to do?

• Like 1

Just now, sho nuff said:

Yes while you then make claims about the liberal hot beds...but everyone else is the shill.

Are you denying that NY, California, and Washington are exceeding populated by the left?

The point you think you're making gets weaker by the post.

After all, you certainly can't claim it's all Trump supporters in these places who are ignoring social distancing and causing these spikes. Remember the original post I responded to said the 30-40% of America following Trump are going to be impossible to keep inside.

Yet here you are.

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

It’s not me that feels this way, it’s all the public health experts. But their reasoning, as I understand it, is fairly simple: because having the states have to compete against each other for life saving supplies is extremely inefficient and it’s not something you do in times of war. You command the manufacture and distribution of supplies from a centralized point. Not doing so is going to cost us unnecessary deaths. 

Right, not to be a jerk but Michigan has a serious problem here and if Ford is building ventilators in Michigan, they should stay in Michigan until we are sure our people are covered. Hate to do everyone like that but it’s what it is.

3 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

While I know you’re being flippant, and this is intended to be ridiculous statement there are kernels of truth in it. The friends I have that are hard-core Trump supporters to a person are taking this far lighter then the majority in the middle (and I’m not even lumping in my extreme left liberal snowflakey woke friends into that group). But the MAGA friends are still going to target every day, out and about running errands and talking about how Jesus will protect them. I’m not making jokes about this. Every word is true. Now I fully understand this is anecdotal and small in sample size but it does speak to the point that if Trump says it people listen. This group would absolutely be hunkered down if Trump wasn’t giving them the impression this was all over soon.  One friend told me yesterday that he heard Trump say “this so I’ll be over by Easter”.  While there are tons of middled rational Trump supporters out there, you seem like one of them, there is a large swath of people out there that aren’t. They take every word he says as gospel.    

Oh good lord.

Well I'm convinced. Every person in Target is a Trump supporter. All the liberals are holed up inside and refuse to come out until the all clear is given, even if its months from now.

• Laughing 2

5 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

People weren't bright enough to see what was happening in other countries?  They literally need Trump to tell them what to do?

The President is supposed to keep an eye on international crises and guide the country. He told everyone we had it under control and it wasn’t a problem. Arguing against that in anyway is foolish. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Oh good lord.

Well I'm convinced. Every person in Target is a Trump supporter. All the liberals are holed up inside and refuse to come out until the all clear is given, even if its months from now.

Slow down GB, bring it back to the middle, did you even read what I wrote?   Words like “kernels” of truth and “small anecdotal“ sizes are in there.  Also words like tons of rational Trump supporters out there are in there too.  In no way shape or form was I making the point you’re trying to say I made.  I’m simply pointing out that Trumps words matter because people listen.

I completely agree with you that no one side owns this, right wrong or indifferent, I’m not making that point.  I’m just saying Trump needs to measure his words here because there are people who listen to him very closely.  

Edited by dkp993

The U.S. did not take this seriously until it was too late. Whether that was both the President and Congress or just the President I do not know. But I did hear Trump saying incredibly ignorant self promoting things at the beginning. The United States dawdled. 

Right now we do not have a coherent national policy to deal with this. States are struggling with individual responses to the virus.

I think the lack of preparation and unwillingness to see the threat by our leaders and people and a disorganized response will result in The United States being the country with the most reported cases and deaths.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Slow down GB, bring it back to the middle, did you even read what I wrote?   Words like kernels of truth and small anecdotal sizes are in there.  Also words like tons of rational Trump supporters out there in in there too.  In no way shape or form was I making the point you’re trying to say I made.  I’m simply pointing out that trumps words matter because people listen.

I completely agree with you that no one side owns this, right wrong or indifferent, I’m not making that point.  I’m just saying Trump needs to measure his words here because there are people who listen to him very closely.  

That we agree on 100%. He has to be careful not send the wrong message with his optimism. As someone who is trying to see the pathway out of this, I appreciate the optimism and I understand why he's trying to spread it. There are no doubt times he says things out loud that he needs to keep under wraps until the situation is better under control.

But yeah, my point that never should have drawn this much ire from the lefties, is that we have far more individuals to worry about maintaining social distancing than just the diehard Trump supporters. shader's comment was ridiculous and someone (anyone) regardless of political persuasion, should have jumped on it long before I did.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Good point. Those conservative hotbeds such as NYC, California, and Washington where all those people are out enjoying the fresh air and generating horrific spread are clearly full of MAGA's flipping the bird at scientists.

The virus is hitting areas with large airports that serve more international travelers.  These areas have large concentrations of people closer together. The chance of the virus spreading there was much greater than elsewhere.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moonlight said:

The U.S. did not take this seriously until it was too late. Whether that was both the President and Congress or just the President I do not know. But I did hear Trump saying incredibly ignorant self promoting things at the beginning. The United States dawdled. 

Right now we do not have a coherent national policy to deal with this. States are struggling with individual responses to the virus.

I think the lack of preparation and unwillingness to see the threat by our leaders and people and a disorganized response will result in The United States being the country with the most reported cases and deaths.

Yeah Congress didn’t do a good job either but this kind of thing mostly falls on the President and the offices he is in charge of.

13 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

That we agree on 100%. He has to be careful not send the wrong message with his optimism. As someone who is trying to see the pathway out of this, I appreciate the optimism and I understand why he's trying to spread it. There are no doubt times he says things out loud that he needs to keep under wraps until the situation is better under control.

But yeah, my point that never should have drawn this much ire from the lefties, is that we have far more individuals to worry about maintaining social distancing than just the diehard Trump supporters. shader's comment was ridiculous and someone (anyone) regardless of political persuasion, should have jumped on it long before I did.

Agree with everything in your post but the Shader part, and only don’t agree with that because I never saw the post you’re referring to....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Are you denying that NY, California, and Washington are exceeding populated by the left?

The point you think you're making gets weaker by the post.

After all, you certainly can't claim it's all Trump supporters in these places who are ignoring social distancing and causing these spikes. Remember the original post I responded to said the 30-40% of America following Trump are going to be impossible to keep inside.

Yet here you are.

I think attributing political affiliations woth any reasons those areas are hardest hit or even implying it is disingenuous at best...

Ive made no claim about Trump supporters...beyond stating that someone talking about those who may listen mostly to him would be his base.  Thats the 30-40% someone mentioned.

12 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Who are the 12% that don't approve of Fauci?  Anyone here?  I love the guy.  Not sure what he could do different or better that he actually has control of.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ilov80s said:

The President is supposed to keep an eye on international crises and guide the country. He told everyone we had it under control and it wasn’t a problem. Arguing against that in anyway is foolish. 

He also had intel we didn't have...but it wasn't meant as any argued...its another attempt to get my attention.  I ask people not to quote when he replies to me please.

16 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Yes as I said earlier...gallup is but one poll.  Others have not been as kind and are showing governors doing much better.

Id even say Pence is a bit low on that poll.

3 minutes ago, beef said:

Who are the 12% that don't approve of Fauci?  Anyone here?  I love the guy.  Not sure what he could do different or better that he actually has control of.

Well, Donald, Don Jr, Ivanka, Jared....

People that teach sign language to apes and dolphins and stuff are the only ones who can understand Trump. 

• Love 1

This Hannity interview is something else.  He’s a certainly something.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/489753-epa-suspends-enforcement-of-environmental-laws-amid-coronavirus

In a 10-page letter to EPA earlier this week, the American Petroleum Institute (API) asked for a suspension of rules that require repairing leaky equipment as well as monitoring to make sure pollution doesn’t seep into nearby water.

The temporary policy, for which EPA has set no end date, would allow any number of industries to skirt environmental laws.

Nearby communities would face prolonged exposure to a number of air and water pollutants that might be expelled through oil production.

Another home run baby.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

People that teach sign language to apes and dolphins and stuff are the only ones who can understand Trump. 

Don't post like this.

41 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He also had intel we didn't have...but it wasn't meant as any argued...its another attempt to get my attention.  I ask people not to quote when he replies to me please.

Seriously give it a rest.  If you don't want people replying to your posts then stop posting especially 10 times on every page.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

:wall:  This is..wow..

Zeke Miller

@ZekeJMiller

Trump says he's still weighing a disaster declaration for Michigan and attacks Gov. Whitmer: "She is a new governor and it's not been pleasant"

6:38 PM · Mar 26, 2020·TweetDeck

• Sad 4

:wall:

Yamiche Alcindor

@Yamiche

President Trump just claimed on Hannity that governors are asking for medical equipment (ie masks and ventilators) and other resources to fight the coronavirus that they don’t need. “A lot of equipment is being asked for that I don’t think they will need,” Trump said.

6:43 PM · Mar 26, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

• Sad 4

39 minutes ago, Chicago Hooligan said:

In a 10-page letter to EPA earlier this week, the American Petroleum Institute (API) asked for a suspension of rules that require repairing leaky equipment as well as monitoring to make sure pollution doesn’t seep into nearby water.

The temporary policy, for which EPA has set no end date, would allow any number of industries to skirt environmental laws.

Nearby communities would face prolonged exposure to a number of air and water pollutants that might be expelled through oil production.

Our Gulf aqua ecology still hasn’t recovered from BP. Ugh.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, JbizzleMan said:

:wall:

Yamiche Alcindor

@Yamiche

President Trump just claimed on Hannity that governors are asking for medical equipment (ie masks and ventilators) and other resources to fight the coronavirus that they don’t need. “A lot of equipment is being asked for that I don’t think they will need,” Trump said.

6:43 PM · Mar 26, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

He really has no issue making statements that could look incalculably bad in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

This Hannity interview is something else.  He’s a certainly something.

I like him bragging that when he talked to governors it was like a love fest. He’s so clearly more concerned with his own ego than he is people who are sick and dying and losing their jobs. Repugnant.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I like him bragging that when he talked to governors it was like a love fest. He’s so clearly more concerned with his own ego than he is people who are sick and dying and losing their jobs. Repugnant.

He is mad the polling shows the governors are rating better.

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Has he tried doing his job? I mean not like an incompetent conman.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Posted (edited)

One of Michigan’s largest hospital systems announcing that it can no longer treat everyone and that some people will only be given painkillers to ease the pain of death. Focus is on people with the best chance of recovery.

ETA: They have since come out and said it's only for if they run out of vents and ICU beds but there were also reports yesterday that their 2 main hospitals were already at capacity 

https://www.michiganradio.org/post/draft-hospital-letter-leaks-outlining-who-gets-ventilators-shortage

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He decided to foist the C-19 containment onto the states instead of instituting a national plan through federal agencies. He gave up the chance of any glory here by doing that! Governors are being forced to act. The ones that sit on their hands instead of being proactive will be not fare well.