Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
James Daulton

Government Response To The Coronavirus

19 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

A conspiracy theory? I looked at my wife during his press conference when he introduced Pence, and him being the fall guy was the first thing I said to her. 

Fall guy?  Pence will be the hero and well positioned for 2024 when this thing is contained....

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I just don't know how anyone can support an administration this inept. This isn't a partisan issue, this is an American health and well-being issue. How many tests have we run, is anything actually being done? This is my final Trump straw and I'm all-in on Biden. His botching of this emergency issue will be his downfall. If Biden's marketing folks have any sense, they'd be obliterating him right now.

I mean, he can't be worse than Trump, right? I could put a cardboard box in the WH that would be at worst equivalent. 

The testing issue is a CDC issue and was probably a decision of someone who was not even a political appointee.  When all is said and done, I hope somebody gets ousted for that decision, but as soon as somebody got fired, the regulars around here would probably just complain about Trump interfering with the independence of the CDC and putting our health at risk by politicizing the CDC...Yada yada yada....what a joke

Edited by Rove!

Should not be about politics. When you have lives on the line and not just in China but all around the world. Washington State is ground zero.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Pence announced that we have 2500 test kits we're distributing.

2500.  In a population of 327 million people.  We have 2500 test kits being distributed.

I believe there are 500 tests to a kit.  So that's 1.25MM tests in total.  The fact they're batched like that does cause problems (you can only distribute them to 2500 places), but it's a lot of tests.

It's a start.

1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

If you're a Trump supporter, I don't know how you could support our response and how unprepared we really are.

I'm not blaming him for this, I'm blaming him for the response, which has been on par with a 3rd world country. 

What would you do differently?  You seem to be very worried about this.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

I believe there are 500 tests to a kit.  So that's 1.25MM tests in total.

Now that there is something I didn't know.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

It's also worth noting that Trump downplayed the virus in a failed attempt to brag about how good of a job he's done. Just last week he said "When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."

Sadly, we all know the people who are still supporting Trump will find a way to excuse this behavior. They're all in on the guy.

BUT HE CANCELLED FLIGHTS FROM CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Sneegor said:

What would you do differently?  You seem to be very worried about this.

:goodposting:

Have to love all the Monday Morning QB’s in here that are about to vote for Joe Biden that wants to keep flying in everyone from China he can.....the party that keeps crying wolf. The faux rage, AHHHHH!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GoBirds said:

:goodposting:

Have to love all the Monday Morning QB’s in here that are about to vote for Joe Biden that wants to keep flying in everyone from China he can.....the party that keeps crying wolf. The faux rage, AHHHHH!

I would've had tests ready, hospitals ready (they're buying an econolodge in ####### seattle to house patients), I wouldn't intentionally be downplaying it, I wouldn't have Mike Pence as the face to the media, I wouldn't have Dr Fauci's comments vetted by Pence before speaking to the media (which is verbatim what he said at the presser yesterday), I wouldn't tell the public that we have maybe 15 cases and prob zero real soon (when I knew for a fact this was incorrect, what he said at his initial presser), I'd be reacting much more aggressively and thinking much further out into the future, I wouldn't need business leaders at tech companies and banks to tell their employees to wfh, I'd say it myself, I wouldn't have the public comparing something that the WHO says has a 3.4% death rate as the flu, I wouldn't criticize the Fed about rates being that money is already cheap and abundant and doesn't address this issue one iota...

I can go on forever, but this PSF is divisive and a Trump versus "them" bull#### forum, it's pathetic - I'm completely impartial and I'd criticize anyone for botching something like this... This is an American issue, it's important. What do you think happens when China comes out of this healthy and fully online well before us, while we're then stuck in a medical crisis? You think they like being number 2?

• Laughing 1

37 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I would've had tests ready, hospitals ready (they're buying an econolodge in ####### seattle to house patients), I wouldn't intentionally be downplaying it, I wouldn't have Mike Pence as the face to the media, I wouldn't have Dr Fauci's comments vetted by Pence before speaking to the media (which is verbatim what he said at the presser yesterday), I wouldn't tell the public that we have maybe 15 cases and prob zero real soon (when I knew for a fact this was incorrect, what he said at his initial presser), I'd be reacting much more aggressively and thinking much further out into the future, I wouldn't need business leaders at tech companies and banks to tell their employees to wfh, I'd say it myself, I wouldn't have the public comparing something that the WHO says has a 3.4% death rate as the flu, I wouldn't criticize the Fed about rates being that money is already cheap and abundant and doesn't address this issue one iota...

I can go on forever, but this PSF is divisive and a Trump versus "them" bull#### forum, it's pathetic - I'm completely impartial and I'd criticize anyone for botching something like this... This is an American issue, it's important. What do you think happens when China comes out of this healthy and fully online well before us, while we're then stuck in a medical crisis? You think they like being number 2?

Dude, go crack a beer. Between this and the stock thread you need to unwind a bit. 

I get it with the MMQB schtick, all you guys would have crushed this as soon as the first case hit. 🙄 

The world isn’t ending from this, get some rest  though it will be a marathon but we will get through it.  

Trump desperately trying to convince people/businesses to keep spending money.

@atrupar

Trump to Hannity on WHO saying coronavirus death rate is 3.4%: "I think the 3.4% number is really a false number. Now this is just my hunch, but based on a lot of conversations ... personally, I'd say the number is way under 1%."

Astoundingly irresponsible.https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1235411751950221312?s=21

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoBirds said:

Dude, go crack a beer. Between this and the stock thread you need to unwind a bit. 

I get it with the MMQB schtick, all you guys would have crushed this as soon as the first case hit. 🙄 

The world isn’t ending from this, get some rest  though it will be a marathon but we will get through it.  

We're thoroughly unprepared, much more so than people realize, that's my concern. The POTUS shouldn't downplay it, the virus isn't his fault, but what we do now is on him, and downplaying something that the WHO said, is unbelievably irresponsible! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Maybe Gaetz was wearing the mask because Swallwell was farting again.

• Laughing 2

6 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

We're thoroughly unprepared, much more so than people realize, that's my concern. The POTUS shouldn't downplay it, the virus isn't his fault, but what we do now is on him, and downplaying something that the WHO said, is unbelievably irresponsible! 

If you were looking for a sweet teleprompter speech he’s definitely not your guy. Vaccines take what 18 months for approval? Not sure anything they could have done would make you happy, hope you can cope and get through these times. I wouldn’t let the hysteria in here get you too riled up, we will make it through this. 

Posted (edited)
On 2/26/2020 at 5:11 PM, Bozeman Bruiser said:

Peak Trump Hatred Syndrome.

Calling for the president and his family to be infected with coronavirus.

I did not call for them to get infected.  I called for them to show the courage of their convictions, or their father's conviction, and to take the risks the rest of us potentially face.   This would expose the President's hypocrisy if they were unwilling to do so.  It might also have caused him to think about the issue.  Exposure does not = infection.  Your bias caused you to make a leap, a leap I did not call for.  I do not want an elderly person in clearly poor health, in the high risk category, to actually become infected, I wanted him to think, to think in a real world scenario, one that effects him directly, not hypothetically.  Also, the entire post was a bit tongue in cheek, something you might have decided to recognize if you could step back just a bit from your passion.  No matter, I admire passion even when I do not agree with it or understand it, at least I do so long as it is not destructive.

You lobbied to get me suspended. Congratulations, it worked.  You cut off debate, again congratulations.

In your subsequent post you implied there was favoritism.  I agree. You got away with using  a phrase guaranteed to cause suspension, and yet you were not suspended.  Clear favoritism. Not, of course, in the direction you suggested, but clearly there it is.  maybe that is your prerogative, given your relationship to the site.  Maybe it should be otherwise. Regardless, I will not characterize my feelings about it, I just note it.

I will not call for your suspension as you called for mine.

I am going to have a nice season, guy.  I am going somewhere where the climate suits my clothes and the water tastes like wine. I thank Joe and the various Mods for all they have done over the years.  I have looked around and there is not a better place on the net for me, but this place is not for me.  I shall miss many here. Best wishes to all.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Sad 16

12 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I am going to have a nice season, guy.  I am going somewhere where the climate suits my clothes and the water tastes like wine. I thank Joe and the various Mods for all they have done over the years.  I have looked around and there is not a better place on the net for me, but this place is not for me.  I shall miss many here. Best wishes to all.

I hope you reconsider. Every time a good poster is chased away, the bad guys win.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I did not call for them to get infected.  I called for them to show the courage of their convictions, or their father's conviction, and to take the risks the rest of us potentially face.   This would expose the President's hypocrisy if they were unwilling to do so.  It might also have caused him to think about the issue.  Exposure does not = infection.  Your bias caused you to make a leap, a leap I did not call for.  I do not want an elderly person in clearly poor health, in the high risk category, to actually become infected, I wanted him to think, to think in a real world scenario, one that effects him directly, not hypothetically.  Also, the entire post was a bit tongue in cheek, something you might have decided to recognize if you could step back just a bit from your passion.  No matter, I admire passion even when I do not agree with it or understand it, at least I do so long as it is not destructive.

You lobbied to get me suspended. Congratulations, it worked.  You cut off debate, again congratulations.

In your subsequent post you implied there was favoritism.  I agree. You got away with using  a phrase guaranteed to cause suspension, and yet you were not suspended.  Clear favoritism. Not, of course, in the direction you suggested, but clearly there it is.  maybe that is your prerogative, given your relationship to the site.  Maybe it should be otherwise. Regardless, I will not characterize my feelings about it, I just note it.

Well, ####. 

DW, you are a good man. And a good lawyer. And an irreplaceable voice.  I shall miss you.  And, I think, not be far behind. Save me a glass of water if it is as you say.  I’ll bring the wine in case it isn’t. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JbizzleMan said:

@atrupar

Trump to Hannity on WHO saying coronavirus death rate is 3.4%: "I think the 3.4% number is really a false number. Now this is just my hunch, but based on a lot of conversations ... personally, I'd say the number is way under 1%."

Astoundingly irresponsible.https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1235411751950221312?s=21

Un. F-ing. Real. 

How can anyone possibly defend this guy.  This is the GD POTUS saying this crazy ####.  So incredibly reckless and stupid I can’t even wrap my head around it.  

5 hours ago, JbizzleMan said:

@atrupar

Nero has a kindred spirit.

:hot::hot::hot::violin::hot::hot::hot:

6 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

As always, well said.

• Like 1

Go to work if your symptoms are mild.     That's the message we want to send.    Dr. Trump has spoken.

Posted (edited)

Seriously we tell people for the common cold to stay home from work.  now we are telling people with a damn virus that has killed people so go to work and just act like nothing happened.  Maybe just wish or pray it away I believe he said.   he is even mentioning deaths in places that isn't even happening he is so incredibly reckless

I would say what i really think Trump is but then people who don't believe what they say and only post things to  "own the libs"  will complain and then I will be gone from this entire board and not just the politics side.

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Go to work if your symptoms are mild.     That's the message we want to send.    Dr. Trump has spoken.

Some people just sit around and get better. Some people go to work. Oh yeah, I think one died in NY too.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Henry Ford said:
7 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Well, ####. 

DW, you are a good man. And a good lawyer. And an irreplaceable voice.  I shall miss you.  And, I think, not be far behind. Save me a glass of water if it is as you say.  I’ll bring the wine in case it isn’t. 

Well, this is depressing :kicksrock: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, JbizzleMan said:

@atrupar

Frank Drebin would be proud. 

7 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

One of my favorite posters 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

In that particular clip, Trump isn't saying that people should go to work with the virus.  He's saying that many of them do go to work with it.  Which is absolutely true.

How can you tell?  Serious question.  Did google come out with a translator?

Someone up thread, might have been you IK, made a comment about how this could be the issue that rallies Trump to victory.  That comment gave me pause, because it's absolutely correct the more I think about it.  Then I watch the clips and listen to the soundbytes and am just left :mellow: 

What I am watching and hearing is completely surreal.  

Edited by The Commish

So let’s separate this question into 4 parts: 

1. What the government did, or did not do, in preparation for this virus. 

2. What the government is doing now. 

3. What President Trump is doing. 

4. What President Trump is saying. 

Without going into detail in this post, I am critical of #1, have few complaints about #2, have no complaints about #3, and have significant complaints about #4. 

5 minutes ago, The Commish said:

How can you tell?  Serious question. 

I listened to the clip.

I don't like Trump any more than the next guy.  I hope he loses in November.  That's no reason to willfully misinterpret what he's saying, which is what the post I quoted was doing.

7 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

In that particular clip, Trump isn't saying that people should go to work with the virus.  He's saying that many of them do go to work with it.  Which is absolutely true.

I would split the baby on this one - having listened to the clip, you are correct that he is not directing people to go to work, but I think he is suggesting that if you have mild symptoms, its ok to go to work - because you'll be fine.

The danger, of course, is that you spread the virus to someone else who may not have a favorable outcome.

And - I think people are making too much of the "Corona Flu" comment - clearly a mis-speak by Trump, and he corrected himself.  I just chalk that up to extemporaneous speaking, and not an indication of anything else. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

I listened to the clip.

I don't like Trump any more than the next guy.  I hope he loses in November.  That's no reason to willfully misinterpret what he's saying, which is what the post I quoted was doing.

I hadn't read the tweet above the clip.  I see what you're saying.  I don't know what he's saying though about not counting people who have it as part of the people that have it because they sit around or go to work or some such.  If I cared, I could probably go get context, but I'm sure I'd be pissed at myself for having wasted the time.  My comment was around the word salad and the point he was trying to make..sorry for the confusion.  

8 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Sad that we let people that troll with known falsehoods run off great posters like this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

He’s suggesting people can go to work with no consequences. It’s not that you can live your life and survive, it’s that you can infect others. Interpreting Trump’s telephonic brain into something rational doesn’t help that he’s speaking to millions who just hear that people who don’t die don’t count against the statistics and don’t pose a risk.

47 minutes ago, timschochet said:

@Ditkaless Wonders

I agree with what everyone else wrote. You are one of the best posters on this board. People like you are the reason I enjoy being here. Please don’t leave. 

Is he really leaving because of boseman bruiserman? Really?

5 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Is he really leaving because of boseman bruiserman? Really?

Most likely a cadre of posters and one that was the final straw.

1 minute ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Most likely a cadre of posters and one that was the final straw.

I would advise to stay out of the PSF. Don't leave the forums entirely. This PSF forum gets everyone riled up.

1 hour ago, Joe Mammy said:

Some people just sit around and get better. Some people go to work. Oh yeah, I think one died in NY too.

I mean its not like you're gonna spread it or anything like that.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Joe Mammy said:

Well that's what happens when people don't have insurance to go to the doctor.  They set around sick or just go to work sick.

Edited by Mile High
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I would split the baby on this one - having listened to the clip, you are correct that he is not directing people to go to work, but I think he is suggesting that if you have mild symptoms, its ok to go to work - because you'll be fine.

The danger, of course, is that you spread the virus to someone else who may not have a favorable outcome.

And - I think people are making too much of the "Corona Flu" comment - clearly a mis-speak by Trump, and he corrected himself.  I just chalk that up to extemporaneous speaking, and not an indication of anything else. 

Bingo.  He should be saying, if you're experiencing symptoms, stay home if possible.   I know that's complicated for people that don't have paid sick days (thanks republicans), but if you do or if you can wfh, absolutely do.   Of course this is just another pathetic attempt on his part to make it appear that things are under control.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1