What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Inslee has been ridiculous at all, or the Michigan Governor. I regard them both as heroes working tirelessly for their states. Trump is mad because they didn’t flatter him. I think Cuomo and Newsom said nice things about Trump because they know they get more results that way. But it’s embarrassing that we have a national leader who demands flattery as his reward for action. 
No he’s mad that he’s dealing with every Governor in the country at once on this and these two won’t act right. Most people can see this though when you look at the big picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. They argued over price. And GM only volunteered to do it a few days ago. I would have used the DPA weeks ago. 

But beyond this. as I tried to emphasize yesterday, the key to the DPA is to have the federal government supervise the entire process and control the distribution so that it goes to the most needed areas and states aren’t forced to compete with each other. 
Is that accurate? I thought they announced the partnership with 3M a few days ago.  I found an article from the 22nd explaining how Trump confused the Automakers with a Tweet per normal.  So I just dont' see where invoking the DPA earlier would have sped it up.  It was just used because of pricing and the work has been in progress for awhile now.

What is clear, though, is that companies were already racing to try to determine how -- or if -- they could contribute. And that they recognize there will be no easy switch-over to manufacture something like a ventilator, which pumps oxygen into a Covid-19 patient’s lungs and removes carbon dioxide through a hose.

General Motors Co. said Monday that it’s exploring the feasibility of building ventilators for Ventec Life Systems Inc. at a GM parts plant in Indiana. GM recently started working with Ventec to try to boost its output of the equipment.

No he’s mad that he’s dealing with every Governor in the country at once on this and these two won’t act right. Most people can see this though when you look at the big picture.
Every Congressional Rep from Michigan, which includes many hardcore Republicans, sent a letter to Pence asking to get the supplies they need. This isn’t a partisan issue. Michigan has the 4th most cases and is really struggling. We need the supplies and we aren’t getting a response. 

And speaking of being appreciative, how about Trump be appreciative of Michigan voters? He won Michigan and we helped put him in the White House. So because he doesn't think the Governor is appreciative enough, he's willing to endanger Michigan voters- many of who voted for and support him? That is a sick way to think. 

And speaking of being appreciative, how about Trump be appreciative of Michigan voters? He won Michigan and we helped put him in the White House.
That does seem like an ill-advised move from an electoral college standpoint. Sure does muddy the water for those who say he's doing everything to get re-elected at all costs.

That does seem like an ill-advised move from an electoral college standpoint. Sure does muddy the water for those who say he's doing everything to get re-elected at all costs.
Sure- misses the big picture of my issue but yeah.

Although based on the Twitter responses I see from presumably Michigan Trump supporters, they are just blaming Whitmer still so I think people are just going to vote how they vote. We could have some kind of worst case scenario where a million people die of Corona Virus and our economy is in free fall and I still think he's at worst a coin flip to win re-election. Nothing that happens matters. 

Right, lots of questions about schools with the closures 
Yeah agreed as I brought up in the Devos thread.  
I didn't have a chance to listen today...been paying more attention locally anyway and our Director of Schools has been doing very good.

Or maybe he's putting who is available or relevant to the day.

I'm also pretty sure Birx is a lot smarter than Trump as are most probably.

I'll assume the 8.5 million number for the ratings is saying people want to be updated daily. I'd prefer to see them along Fauci, Birx, etc.
To be clear, I'd like updates daily too.  Unfortunately, we don't get those...we get babbling word salads.  Fauci has been fantastic and quite honestly, I'm surprised he hasn't been fired yet.  I just wish he could make Trump act on his (Fauci's) words...we'd be a lot better off.

It’s much needed actually. People can go and look at what they are complaining about and see how ridiculous they are being. I’m just sad he left Pritzker off the list. He also heaped praise at Newsom and Cuomo who have done good jobs as well.
The governors are more popular than him and many have handled it better than him.

I’m very pleased with what I’m hearing today. I still don’t like him complaining about governors, that’s really poor form. But I don’t care. He’s invoking the DPA, he’s going to manufacture ventilators, they’re going to save lives. It’s late but better late than never. 

I wish he would declare a national shelter in place but maybe that will come too. 
First time I caught any part of these and it sounded pretty good.  I take it this is unusual? 

So when Trump was saying Ron was upset about New Yorker's coming into town he was just trying to pit them against each other.  Got it.
Is that really a bad thing?  We know that New York is the epicenter and over 50% of our cases.  I fully support my Gov. butting a 14 day quarantine on anyone coming from a Hot Spot. I'd prefer everyone stay were they are and self isolate like the administration is asking.

Thats his job to deal with all of them and they are acting right...he isn't.

To be clear, I'd like updates daily too.  Unfortunately, we don't get those...we get babbling word salads.  Fauci has been fantastic and quite honestly, I'm surprised he hasn't been fired yet.  I just wish he could make Trump act on his (Fauci's) words...we'd be a lot better off.
Funny while he doesn't communicate well I have never considered it babbling word salads.  I understand what he is saying and  his points he simply is not a great communicator.

I say this sincerely: I think you guys hate the guy so much that you can't tell when he's being lighthearted. It's pretty clear that he was joking about Pence not taking their calls.

John Kerry @JohnKerry

Breaking news: Congressman Massie has tested positive for being an #######. He must be quarantined to prevent the spread of his massive stupidity. He's given new meaning to the term #M#######. (Finally, something the president and I can agree on!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny while he doesn't communicate well I have never considered it babbling word salads.  I understand what he is saying and  his points he simply is not a great communicator.
I agree with that, he’s all over the place but I generally know what he’s trying to say 

I say this sincerely: I think you guys hate the guy so much that you can't tell when he's being lighthearted. It's pretty clear that he was joking about Pence not taking their calls.
I don’t and it’s also nothing to joke about because the Governor of Michigan and every member of Congress in Michigan have been asking for aid they aren’t getting.

I don’t and it’s also nothing to joke about because the Governor of Michigan and every member of Congress in Michigan have been asking for aid they aren’t getting.
Context is important. Go watch it again. If you want to critique him for being lighthearted in a serious moment, I guess that's a different debate. I'd side with you on that.

I'd encourage you to watch the full clip.
I'm good. I've seen too many hours of Trump this week already. I can't imagine the "context" that's missing there that suddenly makes it lighthearted. That tone and the way he says it seems right in line with his established personality and vindictive streak.

Did Florida shut down for Spring Break?
nope...beaches are still open too, but they've shut down all the parks and public parking lots....we've talked about this in the Florida politics thread a bit...it has the potential of getting much worse here before it gets better...wouldn't be surprised at all if we end up as a hotspot too.

He wasn't being light hearted with that man.
Did you watch the full context? I'm guessing not. He had been joking how Pence hadn't slept in days, hardest working man in America, calling all the governors, etc. And then shortly after the clip ends I'm pretty sure he covered his mouth as if pretending to whisper to the press "He calls them behind my back anyway"

I can't imagine the "context" that's missing there that suddenly makes it lighthearted. That tone and the way he says it seems right in line with his established personality and vindictive streak.
That's really too bad. And it says more about you than Trump, to be honest.

Since everyone lies sometimes doesn't it make sense to judge people on the frequency, intent and level of deceit of those lies?
nope.  you lie, it's a lie.  

I was supposed to save $2000.00 per year on health care.

cost me $9,000.00 over what I was paying.  so I've got to make an additional $14,000.00 to pay for that lie.   That's a pretty good lie.

80% of them should be tar & feathered.  politicians that is.  personal gain over us.

IMO

That’s seriously just awful.
He went on for minutes about how the work everyone is doing should be appreciated and that politics shouldn't be played.  He details the hospitals the Army has put up and everything else they have done.  He is trying to make the point that they should appreciate all the hard work everyone has put in but in his opinion are playing politics.  He then tries to make it clear with the side whisper that they are working with them by joking about Pence.

I think it is way to easy to take things he says the wrong way.

Did you watch the full context? I'm guessing not. He had been joking how Pence hadn't slept in days, hardest working man in America, calling all the governors, etc. And then shortly after the clip ends I'm pretty sure he covered his mouth as if pretending to whisper to the press "He calls them behind my back anyway"
Yes and there is no context which makes it look lighthearted kidding or good at all.

Maybe I can get you to translate for me if I decide to listen to him again.  I can pay a retainer if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread