What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelosi Floats Phase 4 Stimulus Plan: Rolling Back SALT Cap

The congressional Joint Committee on Taxation estimated last year that repealing the SALT limit for 2019 alone would reduce federal revenues by about $77 billion. Americans earning $1 million a year or more would collectively reap $40 billion of those benefits. Most of the rest would go to households earning $200,000 or more.

:wall:
It is so difficult to come up with words for this and not get suspended. Here goes. What in the actual **** is going on here?

I can't believe this guy is our president. I don't care about his policies, the Dems awful idiots .  

Just this guy is the biggest Look at Me maniac ever....

My pop told me long ago, the guy talking about himself the most is the guy the most full of ####.

I just can't comprehend it.....

I can't listen anymore.

And I'm not a Democrat

I wonder if some group far smarter than me could run a FairTax simulation for today’s financial environment, giving educated guesses for upcoming stimulus check spending and the like, and end up proving my biased belief that it’s a superior method of taxation over income

It is so difficult to come up with words for this and not get suspended. Here goes. What in the actual **** is going on here?
Democrats’ love for SALT cap rollbacks predates this recession, unfortunately. The house voted to do it in December but the bill died in the senate.

FWIW, I think this proposal — giving outsize benefits to top earners in blue states — is much closer to “pork” than airline emission standards or whatever people were mad about with Pelosi’s last bill.

Democrats’ love for SALT cap rollbacks predates this recession, unfortunately. The house voted to do it in December but the bill died in the senate.

FWIW, I think this proposal — giving outsize benefits to top earners in blue states — is much closer to “pork” than airline emission standards or whatever people were mad about with Pelosi’s last bill.
Huh?  They just added SALT caps last year

Before the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act was enacted in 2017, there was no limit to how much taxpayers could deduct for SALT taxes. Beginning in tax year 2018, the deduction is capped at $10,000 for all SALT income, property, and sales taxes combined.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accused hospital workers of stealing again. 

Someone made the point he is doing that so he can blame shortages on them.
He’s a marketing guy, since he figured out that he can’t deny that it’s happening he’s been pushing responsibility onto the states. Just in case that doesn’t take enough blame off of him, now it’s the healthcare workers stealing. It’s pathetic. He’s setting up his deflections from criticism and he doesn’t care who he attacks to do it. It would not surprise me to see him criticize doctors for not saving enough people. 

The congressional Joint Committee on Taxation estimated last year that repealing the SALT limit for 2019 alone would reduce federal revenues by about $77 billion. Americans earning $1 million a year or more would collectively reap $40 billion of those benefits. Most of the rest would go to households earning $200,000 or more.

Such a ruined opportunity. You’ve got the perfect opportunity to do great things for the American people with no financial restrictions and this is what you want to do? Horrible, vote every one of them out.

Class 1 Surgical masks available, N95 mask, goggles, overalls.our products have both CE and FDA certifications.

Manufactured from the factory and delivered directly to the designated location you need.

We have 14,000,000 masks left. 8-10 day turnaround.

Buy from a 100% Indigenous-owned organization.

Specs available- please email 
You piece of garbage, first responders need those.

Edited out the email address.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is still pretty high when you start working with big numbers. Figure if it infects 45% of Americans that is over 1,000,000 dead. 
Sure but isn’t the whole point of shelter in place and social distancing to prevent such a large percentage as 45%? I think we can do that. 

Sure but isn’t the whole point of shelter in place and social distancing to prevent such a large percentage as 45%? I think we can do that. 
Hopefully, but I also feel like it will not completely go away, there might continue to be flare ups once people go back to work in June or whenever that is. Social distancing for "Flattening the Curve" does not necessarily have less people infected, it just delays some of the infections to keep them within medical care capacity. If 0.66% die even with ventilator access then I don't know how much lower it could get, it just prevents it from going significantly higher due to a lack of medical support.

I haven’t looked into the specifics of this rollback but I can speak to getting hosed the past 2 years (this year included as I did my taxes in Feb) by the SALT caps and I’m not in either category listed in the post.  The SALT cap was a kick in the balls to home owners in high tax (and often high house pricing) states/communities and this actually raised my taxes.   

I haven’t looked into the specifics of this rollback but I can speak to getting hosed the past 2 years (this year included as I did my taxes in Feb) by the SALT caps and I’m not in either category listed in the post.  The SALT cap was a kick in the balls to home owners in high tax (and often high house pricing) states/communities and this actually raised my taxes.   
:kicksrock:

The last 2 minutes of Gov. Cuomo talking about the situation at hand is really what you want coming from your President and not accusing workers of stealing masks and ratings and constant lies.  What a time to be alive.
I think it was yesterday Trump was riffing on NY “oh, IDK, New York was crying we need more ventilators. And then sent them to a warehouse in New Jersey. I guess they didn’t need them that bad.”

Cuomo had an answer for him today.

20:00 minute mark

Calm, informative, factual. There’s no red and blue, it’s red, white & blue. Now is not the time for politics, we have to work together.

Fiat Chrysler announces a 20% pay cut for salary workers.

LA-Z-Boy furniture another Michigan based company announces 6800 lay offs, suspends stock dividends and corporate matching of 401k plans.

Accused hospital workers of stealing again. 

Someone made the point he is doing that so he can blame shortages on them.

I can't believe this guy is our president. I don't care about his policies, the Dems awful idiots .  

Just this guy is the biggest Look at Me maniac ever....

My pop told me long ago, the guy talking about himself the most is the guy the most full of ####.

I just can't comprehend it.....

I can't listen anymore.

And I'm not a Democrat
how anyone can listen to his lies anymore is beyond me.

Lancet study: the death rate for this virus is 0.66%

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/health/coronavirus-lower-death-rate/index.html

This seems like good news, doesn’t it? Not sure if it should change anything in terms of what our next steps should be but still...it’s good. 
If you are using that number, you also need to think if the total infected numbers as much high. 

This is also assuming a good standard of care. This could be worse if hospitals are overwhelmed or better if we continue to improve treatments. Flatten the curve!

https://www.newsweek.com/fda-says-hydroxychloroquine-chloroquine-can-used-treat-coronavirus-1494925

FDA SAYS HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE AND CHLOROQUINE CAN BE USED TO TREAT CORONAVIRUS
>>Preston explained clinical trials "involve numbers of study participants (patients in this case) of the appropriate size to given statistically significant results." The participants are randomly assigned the treatment or a control "in which the two groups are well matched for as many parameters as possible." Those might include age, gender, underlying conditions, study centers like hospitals where precise care may differ, days since onset of symptoms, and medications taken.

Such steps haven't been followed when it comes to using chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19 patients, he said, and therefore it has not been possible to properly determine whether either drug had an effect, or not.<<

- Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread