Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
James Daulton

Government Response To The Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Can anyone give an actual answer as to why Jared Kushener is involved in anything at all?  Is he qualified for any task he has been given?  Has he performed well on any task that has been given to him?

I can answer those questions.

1. Jared is involved because he is married to the President's daughter.

2. In a word - NO.

3. 🤣

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, tomorrow. OK good then. We’re gonna use the Post Office to crack down. I feel so much better now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Two great things should come as a result. We won't automatically believe China or WHO. And everyone should have a box of masks in their home from now on. When the next virus like this hits, we can get ahead of it much quicker if we're armed with masks at the moment the need arises. That's the culture in parts of Asia and if we're smart it will become the same here. These don't have to collapse society if we know what to do going forward.

Being armed with competent leadership who has thick enough skin to not identify everything that happens in the world as a conspiracy aimed at taking him down, while believing the word of autocratic leadership because "they're his friends" and the only people he can relate to might help as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not my role to take a bunch of questions, lemme tell a story so I can leave in a high note.

- Peter Navarro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"One takeaway from Jared Kushner briefing: we did not start active response phase of dealing with this crisis until 13 days ago."

NYT

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shadrap said:

trust me, not many in this thread want to go there.  Don't you have the manual yet?  If it's bad it's on Trump.  If it's good Trump was not involved.

pure hatred & all he did was win an election.  if you start from that premise then you will understand this board & most posters.  IMO

That is just about all he's done. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Why is the president's son in law anywhere near this dais.

Did you forget? He's our man

If he can't do it, no one can

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

States are supposed to lead. Federal government is a backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Let’s review his achievements:

Middle East peace: 0
Opioid epidemic: 0
Diplomacy with Mexico: 0
Diplomacy with China: 0
Veterans care: 0
Criminal justice reform: 0
Revamping the entire government & making it work like a business: 0

Middle East Peace should be "This one goes to  minus 11."

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Insomniac said:

Middle East Peace should be "This one goes to  minus 11."

He vastly outkicked his coverage, though. That counts for something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

He vastly outkicked his coverage, though. That counts for something.

Did he? I mean did he really?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

States are supposed to lead. Federal government is a backup.

“We’re not an ordering clerk”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only Trump had known that China was lying, then he could have not done something sooner!

  • Like 4
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe Summer said:

If only Trump had known that China was lying, then he could have not done something sooner!

Like ordering more scarves?

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SHIZNITTTT said:

Man. This president is nowhere to be found for this crisis. Just MIA but worse than MIA because all his narcissistic crap clouds everything up while people are trying to get serious work done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kush is back up

Time to check out

Edited by BobbyLayne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

Did he? I mean did he really?

He looks like a hand puppet someone designed to be the bastard love child of Bob Saget and Jim Parsons. I have no idea how he could do better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

He looks like a hand puppet someone designed to be the bastard love child of Bob Saget and Jim Parsons. I have no idea how he could do better.

Aaron and Clayton are proud of this post.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Why is the president's son in law anywhere near this dais.

Apparently we have achieved peace in the middle east, the opioid crisis is solved, the VA is fixed, and diplomacy has been established with Mexico and China so he's got time on his hands...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Claire McCaskill On NBC put it so clearly: what’s going on now is price gouging. Trump needs to use the DPA and say “this is the price we will pay for ventilators and PPE, full stop. The federal government will buy all of it and we will distribute it, full stop.” 

Why isn’t he doing this? It’s so ####### frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Claire McCaskill On NBC put it so clearly: what’s going on now is price gouging. Trump needs to use the DPA and say “this is the price we will pay for ventilators and PPE, full stop. The federal government will buy all of it and we will distribute it, full stop.” 

Why isn’t he doing this? It’s so ####### frustrating. 

he doesn't know how, and has surrounded himself with incompetent sycophants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

Which may be true, but it does not excuse the many failings of our own government based solely on its actions (or inactions).

Right. The two are independent of each other. Any Chinese obfuscation made the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of our own response even more critical. Unfortunately, our executive branch spent precious time dicking around which has absolutely nothing to do with China or any other pretend boogeyman. And we're all the more F'd because of it. We should be angry at China and we should be angry at our President's ridiculous tone and actions at a time when quality leadership was at a premium.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BobbyLayne said:

We’re putting volume into the market.

BrilliantThe invisible hand is probably enough. We all hope.

Dont talk about the DPA when you’re not willing to use it.

”Companies are shipping PPE to the highest bidder - even sending it overseas”

Peter Navarro going 7 layers deep to not answer that.

 "free market" guys...what say you now?

Edited by The Commish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Commish said:

 "free market" guys...what say you now?

Stalin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

That is just about all he's done. 

the guy get's things done.

Only dude that took on China on trade.  he wants all our troops out of the Middle East because he knows it is a hellhole & nothing ever changes.

I could go on but it's not worth it.   

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shadrap said:

the guy get's things done.

Only dude that took on China on trade.  he wants all our troops out of the Middle East because he knows it is a hellhole & nothing ever changes.

I could go on but it's not worth it.   

He got handled by China for a while and os still nowhere with them...he has cost us dearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Stalin

thinking.....no clue what this means in this context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, joffer said:

he doesn't know how, and has surrounded himself with incompetent sycophants.

Nah keeping the CEOs of those companies happy is more important than American lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Stalin

 

14 minutes ago, The Commish said:

thinking.....no clue what this means in this context.

Well the guy was crapping on the free market economy. Another guy asked what do the free market guys have to say about that? So I says 'Stalin' since that's like a Trump card against a controlled economy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What will phasing out of social distancing be like?

SEE Japan, Hong Kong & ROK Numbers for the last few days before answering 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rcam said:

Umm... no. Not even close. It is convenient to place blame on someone other than the US but this was going to come to our shores no matter what. It would be like blaming the flu on another country. Our inaction - on pretty much every federal level - is why we are in the this predicament today.

We still don't have a national stay at home order.

We still don't have enough medical equipment. 

We still don't have enough testing. 

We still don't have enough (any?) contact tracing teams. 

We still don't have a presence on the street to help enforce orders.

We still don't even have people taking temperatures at every grocery store.

We are lacking our pandemic response team because of the wisdom of our Dear Leader.

We are lacking a CDC representative in China because their job was eliminated.

We still don't have coordination between states.

Literally, none of that is due to the actions of China. China lied about numbers, but c'mon, we saw them build hospitals in real time. You didn't even need to use time lapse to watch a hospital get built in front of your eyes. We saw military presence. We saw guys disinfecting sidewalks in hazmat suits. We saw millions of people get locked down in a manner far more restrictive than what we have in any state now. We watched large parts of China literally get shutdown in front of our eyes. Yet our response was what exactly? Wishful thinking? Denial? Indifference? 

Isn't this the country of personal responsibility? We failed. Period. Full stop. We are blaming the refs on the other side of the world for a bad call in the first quarter of the game. It started in China but we had plenty of time to respond and prepare if responding and preparing was what the federal government wanted to do. When the President is saying - when there are 15 cases - about it soon going to zero, when he puts the stock market as his #1 priority, or says this miraculously disappear one day, or doesn't want to take any responsibility... well, that isn't on China either. We elected an incompetent charlatan at probably one of the worst points in American history to have an incompetent charlatan as our leader. Currently, these incompetents are projecting 100,000 deaths as the current floor. Hopefully, they are incompetent about that too and the floor is much lower.

Don't you get it? Its the Fox Fraud news battle cry now, blame china, blame the dem gov's….blame greedy hospitals......

Im just too sad to even complain about trump anymore......his presidency has been a disaster of biblical proportions and him and his cronies have cost us all...some more than others

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He got handled by China for a while and os still nowhere with them...he has cost us dearly.

not according to the farmers I am friends with.

between the two of them they farm over 12,000 acres of wheat, durum, et al.

I guess when you are so dug in on your stance with Trump you won't except good news.  Trump hit them head on & our farmers are better off for it.  Oh & by the way can you name another President that went after China on trade and or got anything done?

 

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shadrap said:

not according to the farmers I am friends with.

between the two of them they farm over 12,000 acres of wheat, durum, et al.

I guess when you are so dug in on your stance with Trump you won't except good news.  Trump hit them head on & our farmers are better off for it.  Oh & by the way can you name another President that went after China on trade and or got anything done?

 

this isn't remotely true despite what your farmer friends say 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shadrap said:

not according to the farmers I am friends with.

between the two of them they farm over 12,000 acres of wheat, durum, et al.

I guess when you are so dug in on your stance with Trump you won't except good news.  Trump hit them head on & our farmers are better off for it.  Oh & by the way can you name another President that went after China on trade and or got anything done?

 

Farmers were killed during the trade war and have not recovered.  They got a nice bailout...because of the screw up in negotiations.

Can you try posting a link to how farmers are doing so great because of this super deal? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Farmers were killed during the trade war and have not recovered.  They got a nice bailout...because of the screw up in negotiations.

Can you try posting a link to how farmers are doing so great because of this super deal? 

Hey, it's his anecdotal evidence from two farmers... therefore... all farmers are just like those two farmers. Projection works, try it.

 

20 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Don't you get it? Its the Fox Fraud news battle cry now, blame china, blame the dem gov's….blame greedy hospitals......

Im just too sad to even complain about trump anymore......his presidency has been a disaster of biblical proportions and him and his cronies have cost us all...some more than others

Nothing more needs to be said. Unfortunately, many will buy into the excuses Trump doles out because that is what his followers want to believe... even in the face of death, a conman is believed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Challenge Everything said:

Hey, it's his anecdotal evidence from two farmers... therefore... all farmers are just like those two farmers. Projection works, try it.

 

Nothing more needs to be said. Unfortunately, many will buy into the excuses Trump doles out because that is what his followers want to believe... even in the face of death, a conman is believed.

Stupidity is a large part.  But fear of embarrassment and low self esteem are major factors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BobbyLayne said:

What will phasing out of social distancing be like?

SEE Japan, Hong Kong & ROK Numbers for the last few days before answering 

What phasing out? There will be no phasing out until a vaccine is discovered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

What phasing out? There will be no phasing out until a vaccine is discovered.

You’re saying we will have to shut down for over a year? Not sure that’s possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Farmers were killed during the trade war and have not recovered.  They got a nice bailout...because of the screw up in negotiations.

Can you try posting a link to how farmers are doing so great because of this super deal? 

of course they were killed.  Long term they are appreciative of finally someone standing up for them.

hint:  farmers are in for the long haul & they all appreciate Trump going after China.  name another President that went after China over trade.  gutless wonders.  IMO

sorry I know it doesn't come under "Trump bad".

 

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shadrap said:

of course they were killed.  Long term they are appreciative of finally someone standing up for them.

hint:  farmers are in for the long haul & they all appreciate Trump going after China.  name another President that went after China over trade.  gutless wonders.  IMO

sorry I know it doesn't come under "Trump bad".

 

So file it under "trump good"?

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

this isn't remotely true despite what your farmer friends say 

so I'll bite.  they have millions on the line so what is not true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shadrap said:

of course they were killed.  Long term they are appreciative of finally someone standing up for them.

hint:  farmers are in for the long haul & they all appreciate Trump going after China.  name another President that went after China over trade.  gutless wonders.  IMO

sorry I know it doesn't come under "Trump bad".

 

So no...no links to support the claim of what they got.

Obama went after them in a way that would have given us leverage and made us less reliant in them as a trade partner.  All without costing American manufacturing and farmers billions needing a bailout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, adonis said:

So file it under "trump good"?

I'm guessing you will put it in the file you want.  I've lurked here enough to know that the hatred started when he won an election.

not much is going to change here because everyone looks at what Trump does & looks for the negative.   It's like clockwork.

all he did was win an election that according to the Washington elite he should not have.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shadrap said:

I'm guessing you will put it in the file you want.  I've lurked here enough to know that the hatred started when he won an election.

not much is going to change here because everyone looks at what Trump does & looks for the negative.   It's like clockwork.

all he did was win an election that according to the Washington elite he should not have.

 

So some, in your opinion, are "trump bad".

Doesn't it stand to reason that for some are "trump good"?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

So no...no links to support the claim of what they got.

Obama went after them in a way that would have given us leverage and made us less reliant in them as a trade partner.  All without costing American manufacturing and farmers billions needing a bailout.

Are you joking?  Obama tried to negotiate on trade???

I'm listening.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.