Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
James Daulton

Government Response To The Coronavirus

MIke Pence on being asked by many people about what we should pray for. "Pray about our health care workers" 

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

That there is a quid pro quo to be had is shocking. I don't want to believe it. But in every word and deed, it seems to be the case. I'm further disheartened by an already disheartening presidency and man.

He is stating it flatly.

Pay homage to me or else.

Trump speaking about Easter: "Maybe we could allow special, for churches, maybe we could talk about it. Maybe we could allow them, with great separation outside, on Easter Sunday. I dunno, it's something we should talk about."

Just now, squistion said:

Trump speaking about Easter: "Maybe we could allow special, for churches, maybe we could talk about it. Maybe we could allow them, with great separation outside, on Easter Sunday. I dunno, it's something we should talk about."

No.

• Like 1

Trump says there has never been something as contagious as this (COVID-19). Not even in 1918 (not sure that statement is true).

Good grief. He makes no sense. This "Easter Palm", doctors getting dressed, 1917 virus few minutes. Complete rambling.

2 hours ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Honestly it’s kind of surprising that Trump didn’t start selling $30 MAGA masks on his website weeks ago.

Please don’t, the campaign may be reading.

• Sad 1

Just now, JbizzleMan said:

So, he’s still pushing his Hydroxychloroquine cure BS?

Today he said he’d like to try it himself if his doctors will let him.

1 minute ago, The General said:

Good grief. He makes no sense. This "Easter Palm", doctors getting dressed, 1917 virus few minutes. Complete rambling.

If Biden talked like this it would be featured in the thread about his gaffes, mental deterioration and incoherence. 

33 minutes ago, CurlyNight said:

They need to have Fauci and Birx on first and answer questions then Trump on last so I can turn off the tv.

I wish the reporters would just direct questions to them by name, but no. It’s sad really.

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

MIke Pence on being asked by many people about what we should pray for. "Pray about our health care workers" 

Health care workers = true American heroes.  We need to thank them everyday 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Oh nice. Hopefully nobody here has any family members that actually needs it.

• Like 1

Trump: There could be shortages of ventilators and some (states) may have exaggerated the number of ventilators they need (and adds this was a nasty question from the CNN reporter).

Just now, squistion said:

If Biden talked like this it would be featured in the thread about his gaffes, mental deterioration and incoherence. 

Yes. He speaks so poorly it's comical at times.

2 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I wish the reporters would just direct questions to them by name, but no. It’s sad really.

Trump shouldn't be allowed to speak anything medical. Actually I'd rather hear Pence than him. 

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

We only wish Joe could talk this well.  Better to not go there and let Joe stay away from this conversation.

https://twitter.com/ddale8

Fauci implores people to listen to distancing guidelines. Trump says mitigation does work, but "We're not going to destroy our country. We have to get back." He adds, "You know what, I don't know -- we have a big decision to make."

Trump, again, has done a rhetorical 180 from his "embrace" of distancing. He says again that the cure can't be worse than the disease and that this can't continue. He says, "At a certain point, some hard decisions are going to have to be made."

Trump on the United States: "We have many Italys all over." He says New York and such are like countries.

Trump says "we're in much better shape" compared to other countries, then adds that this is going to be a "very, very deadly period."

2 minutes ago, Gopher State said:

Health care workers = true American heroes.  We need to thank them everyday 👍

Pence was excellent on this topic today when asked to speak about the work these people are doing for all of us.

• Like 1

Geez. Trump asked better questions than any of the reporters do. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gopher State said:

We only wish Joe could talk this well.  Better to not go there and let Joe stay away from this conversation.

I'll worry when Joe stares into an eclipse.

I'm not watching - has Trump blamed Obama for faulty covid-19 tests again today?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

I'll worry when Joe stares into an eclipse.

I'm not watching - has Trump blamed Obama for faulty covid-19 tests again today?

No that's about the only one of his greatest hits that he's missed. 

Edited by squistion
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gopher State said:

If you are watching these things you realize Trump struggles on many, many topics. There are long periods every day where he just rambles.

• Like 1

Trump says he keeps talking about hydroxychloroquine because "the question that nobody ever asks, and the question I most hate the answer to, is what happens if you do have a ventilator? What are your chances? And I just hope that hydroxychloroquine wins."

Posted (edited)

Trump is really dangerous, selling people on an unproved treatment.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Geebus, more on hydroxychloroquine

Trump: "There's a possibility, a possibility, and I say it: what do you have to lose?...Take it. I really think they should take it." He adds,

"Hydroxychloroquine. Try it. If you'd like.'.."

"It will be like a gift from heaven if it works"  

Trump says he keeps talking about hydroxychloroquine because "the question that nobody ever asks, and the question I most hate the answer to, is what happens if you do have a ventilator? What are your chances? And I just hope that hydroxychloroquine wins."

Wat

• Like 2

Can we make Pence President?  Just for the next few months. 

• Like 3

Pence on ventilators:  "On team at FEMA is doing an outstanding job...particularly in New York, New Jersey, Louisiana, (and other areas)...we are surging supplies and ventilators to those areas."

17 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Trump knows prophylactics

• Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, JbizzleMan said:

Wat

I think he’s implying that people who go on ventilators die anyway. 

• Thanks 1

Unless I missed some of what he said, Trump wasn't even saying that people should ask their doctors about this drug. He said he thought they should take it if they'd like (which is appalling for an untested drug with unknown side effects). 

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Unless I missed some of what he said, Trump wasn't even saying that people should ask their doctors about this drug. He said he thought they should take it if they'd like (which is appalling for an untested drug with unknown side effects). 

He is incredibly risky with his verbiage and cavalier with other peoples lives. 

Trump claims that people getting on and off planes are being tested for the coronavirus (which is not a true statement). There is no testing for people getting on and off planes, that I am aware of. 

He did say consult with your doctors and the drug has been around a long time.

23 minutes ago, Gopher State said:

The lack of self awareness by the Biden supporters here is comedy. Imagine Joe Biden answering 50 rapid fire questions off the cuff from the media like President Trump just did. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, JbizzleMan said:

Yes.  It is irresponsible to air him spewing this dangerous misinformation.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The lack of self awareness by the Biden supporters here is comedy. Imagine Joe Biden answering 50 rapid fire questions off the cuff from the media like President Trump just did. 

Trump didn't answer these off the cuff questions very well (certainly not what anyone would call presidential) and was testy with reporters, calling the CNN reporter "nasty" who asked a legitimate question about the getting the ventilators that are needed. And suggesting people take hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 is dangerous and irresponsible. 

Edited by squistion
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

His answers are the problem :lol: 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

We’d all be much better off if he didn’t answer any questions at this point. It’s the same defensive deflection over and over and over. It’s sad to see his lack of leadership in such a time of crisis. He should just let Pence and the experts speak, and he can stick to posting on Twitter. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

These press conferences are great. 

The only time they aren’t are involved with Trump, well him and that time he brought up the Pillow guy.

He has about 5 minutes of material a day but for some reason feels compelled to talk for an hour. 

• Like 1

Just now, Man In The Box said:

We’d all be much better off if he didn’t answer any questions at this point. It’s the same defensive deflection over and over and over. It’s sad to see his lack of leadership in such a time of crisis. He should just let Pence and the experts speak, and he can stick to posting on Twitter. 

Yup.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

Yes.  It is irresponsible to air him spewing this dangerous misinformation.

46 minutes ago, JbizzleMan said:

Oops. :lmao:

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, went from threatening doctors who prescribed the drug with "administrative action" to requesting that the federal government ship her state some. Other state leaders have followed suit, including Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak, also a Democrat.

That's gonna sting. You guys really need to get informed. I can't do it all for ya.

Edited by lod001
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, a Democrat, went from threatening doctors who prescribed the drug with "administrative action" to requesting that the federal government ship her state some. Other state leaders have followed suit, including Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak, also a Democrat.

That's gonna sting. You guys really need to get informed. I can't do it all for ya.

Link?

4 minutes ago, lod001 said:

>>The Whitmer administration is “pursuing a request” for the drugs from the Strategic National Stockpile, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services spokeswoman Lynn Sutfin told Bridge Magazine late Monday. It’s not immediately clear how many doses the administration seeks.

The state’s earlier advisory urging pharmacists to take “special care” to examine the “legitimacy” of  chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine prescriptions was supported by the Michigan State Medical Society and the Michigan Pharmacists Association. 

The groups warned of shortages for patients with conditions like lupus and suggested “any prescription medicine that may be effective in treating COVID-19 must be reserved for Michigan’s sickest and most vulnerable patients.”<<

Bridge MI

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I’d suspect there is more to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The General said:

His answers are the problem :lol: 

Anti Trump poster hates Trump’s answers. Shocking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Trump on the whistleblower: "Somebody oughtta sue his ### off."

Please do...please attempt to prove anything against him and enjoy the discovery (and lack of understanding of the law).  
But know Trump loves to threaten to sue only never to really do anything.

• Like 2

I’m trying not to engage in hyperbole, but...

today was the worst press conference yet by Donald Trump. I think it was probably the worst public speaking I have ever heard in my life. This man is incompetent, a coward, completely incoherent. We have a rudderless ship and we are in big big trouble here. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2