What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like NYC may be at or near the apex. We need a few more days of data to confirm.

What no one knows is if we’ll plateau here or begin to see a significant drop.
I missed any outside analysis, just looking at some data.  Seems like 600 deaths per day, which is an increase from 200-400 each day the week before.   Today’s + tests are a touch lower than yesterday but when controlled for by how many tests were administered it doesn’t appear statistically significant.  Please give me some good news and tell me what I’m missing. 

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1246947127437209601

Asked about his touting hydroxychloroquine, Trump cites the French data that's been widely questioned. He says, "I want people to live. And I'm seeing people dying. And I see people that are going to die without it. And you know the expression...what, really, do we have to lose?"

Trump wrongly says that we know hydroxychloroquine won't kill people because it's been "out there" for years for other purposes. All together now: that is not how medicine works.

Blue state. 

I don't know if the Trump guys hang out here or have abandoned this thread due to being outnumbered, but if they do, they're avoiding this issue like the plague. 
I get it. Trump and our governor are playing nice though, so hopefully we get what we need. My county in particular is in really bad shape. 

330k confirmed cases - when we know testing has been severely limited.  9,500 dead.

When, pray tell, do we as a people hold the officials in charge accountable for knowingly impeding efforts to slow this disease?

Every governor that hasn’t issued restrictions should be impeached.  The President who hasn’t issued nationwide restrictions should be impeached.  Get the clowns out of there so they can’t continue to hamper efforts to fight this.

We fought 2 wars over less than half of this many dead.  If the man in charge can’t handle the truth, then he can’t handle the job.

Did the President of the United States really say he had no idea there were so many countries in the world? Or did I mis-hear that while roaming around?

I missed any outside analysis, just looking at some data.  Seems like 600 deaths per day, which is an increase from 200-400 each day the week before.   Today’s + tests are a touch lower than yesterday but when controlled for by how many tests were administered it doesn’t appear statistically significant.  Please give me some good news and tell me what I’m missing. 
Deaths are a lagging indicator, but we had a decrease today (as of this mornings state briefing.) New hospitalizations have gone down and discharges have gone up (around 590ish to 1750ish.) Growth rates are going up in suburban counties but slowing down in NYC.

Admittedly I haven’t been studying data as much as some folks here. 

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1246951094514786309

Asked if he's considering staying away from Pence just to ensure continuity of government, Trump says, "We have this tiny platform, and I'd love it to be wider." He jokes that he doesn't breathe when he's next to Pence. He notes they've both been tested.

Asked about Pelosi's call for additional money for Americans in a Phase 4 bill, Trump says, "I like the concept of it. I think it's good. We're talking about a different way of doing it, but I like the concept." He says he'd also like an infrastructure bill.

Half listening - has Fauci been at the podium yet? I heard someone direct a Q to him but the President answered it for him.

Thank God for ddale8 updates. Not sure life would go on without them. 

Can you imagine? Hanging on Twitter ready for the next one to come along, hurry up and copy/paste.  

Wish they would give more accurate information on the 15 minute tests. Seems like a pretty crucial aspect, and the answers we get are pretty vague. Hopefully it’s widely available soon, but I would think if that was the case, they’d tell us exactly when and where we can get them. 

Trump: "Did anybody in this room think a thing like this could happen?"

Um yes, there were literally years of pandemic warnings from US intelligence, public health experts, and even from top officials in Trump's administration

Trump on wearing a face mask: "I would wear one if I thought it was important."

:mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
What he should have said was, "How come you aren't wearing one"?

No one in there is wearing a mask including the doc. Just another dumb question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr Fauci steps to the podium.

"It isn't contradictory to say this is going to be a bad week and there's light at the end of the tunnel. This being a bad week is a reflection of what happened two and one half weeks ago; if we now see a flattening of cases, doesn't take away the fact that this'll be a bad week."

Someone just tried to ask Fauci to offer his opinion on hydroxycholroquine and Trump interrupted, wouldn’t let him answer: “he’s answered that 15 times already.” 

Trump cuts off a reporter asking Dr. Fauci about hydroxychloroquine saying "he has been asked that question over a dozen times."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread