What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the holy hell?  You're arguing for shutting down large gatherings while simultaneously sending your kids Universal Studios?  What is wrong with you.
Yes...Im arguing that its a reasonable step to limit large gatherings to help prevent the spread and slow the curve.  Based on the actual science.

My kid had a trip planned for months and left early Wednesday.  Also before much of this looked even worse and needing tonshut so much down for the time.  The group is also taking more precautions while gone and made up of those less likely to be as affected by the virus.  In addition, following advice of doctors...other precautions will be taken when he comes back home.  Had this been a day or two later...the trip likely would not have happened and I would have been fine with that as well.

So nothing is wrong with me and it would be better if you try not to get so personal.  

Awesome, still half of what was lost yesterday. Now we're only half as poor!
Please explain your math skills.  Yesterday was down 2350 and today it's up 2000 (I used nice round numbers for you).  How is that half?  Second question; these are 10% swings, how does that make anyone half as poor?   TIA

He's just not good at talking with people, answering questions, being normal.

All in all this announcement has been good. Getting a lot of info out there.

He sure did everything he could to have a lot of tests available for the public, right?
Forgot you Russia guys were also experts on tests for new deadly viruses. Pence is addressing this for you now, you should listen and then after you can tell us all how Obama would have cured this all before it left China. We get it.  :yawn:

Oh and nevermind the doc says point of care tests take 6 months to develop, where are they!?!?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot you Russia guys were also experts on tests for new deadly viruses. Pence is addressing this for you now, you should listen and then after you can tell us all how Obama would have cured this all before it left China. We get it.  :yawn:
Why are we so much slower in testing than PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER COUNTRY?

Geoff Bennett

@GeoffRBennett

What may not be clear from watching this Trump presser on TV: When it’s clear Trump wants to move on to another reporter’s question, the White House cuts the reporter mic off entirely, which means you can’t hear the follow-up. *This isn’t the way it’s supposed to work.

Does Trump not know that every cruise company is based in other countries to limit the taxes they pay?  They are not American companies.

Geoff Bennett

@GeoffRBennett

What may not be clear from watching this Trump presser on TV: When it’s clear Trump wants to move on to another reporter’s question, the White House cuts the reporter mic off entirely, which means you can’t hear the follow-up. *This isn’t the way it’s supposed to work.
Another glaring example of how the administration is not handling this well.

This is pretty much already proven false. I brought this up much earlier in this thread that this pissed me off because it was a horrible way to try and keep supply in the hands of medical professionals. 

But the CDC has now admitted that even not properly fitting non-N95 masks will actually help. They arent ideal, and they arent full protection, but they are better than no mask. Which is just simple logic if you really think about it.   
Not quite...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/face-mask-new-coronavirus.html

Also listened to him on local radio today and when they announced his name I laughed because I first thought they said William Shatner

It must be difficult indeed to start every sentence with "Thanks to your leadership, Mr. President..."
I’m mostly just outraged that the tests needed to get results during a visit to your doc take 6 months to develop yet this administration did not have them ready in January!?!?!? This is ridiculous!?!?!? What were they doing last Summer when they should have been developing these, argghhh rage!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread