What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we can rate cut our way out of this and I don't think we're in an economic downturn outside of the virus impact.

My concern is we V or U recover into a negative interest rate environment.

Ill also add...its not just side vs side...its factions within them.

Taking hard core Bernie supporters as an example...some are quite unwilling to compromise with anything other than him.  Its xxxx candidate or bust will hurt of the goal is unity.
I am hard-core Bernie, but blue no matter who!

The handshake answer is the most obvious one.  
Yeah waste of a question. He only took a few and that was what they ask.  :kicksrock:

If they want to ask stuff like that how about a follow up on the website fiasco or more about why his administration chose to dismantle the NSC pandemic unit.

I wish the reporters and Donald conveyed that there is no need to panic and stores will be open
It was a "Stellar job by our Commander and Chief" outside of saying absolutely nothing to address the situation of panic buying and fear of stores closing.  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Willfully criminal are the two big words I use to describe the GOP response to the CV.

When all the dust settles on this, here is what I'll remember: Trump firing the pandemic team, him claiming the CV was a hoax, Fox News echoing these words and comparing it to the flu, Matt Gaetz wearing a gas mask, markets tumbling, schools closing, NBA, NHL, MLB and all events being canceled, and trump spreading his germs to world leaders at mar a largo.

Cruise ship passengers made to stay on board because of "keeping numbers low", refused test kits from WHO, lies about test kit availability. For those who wanted a disruptor elected, you got it, and so did the rest of us.

The time to act was six weeks ago. A week ago the president was calling this a hoax. Remember that.

Really? President Trump has taken more questions this week than Obama did in 8 years. I wish he would take less questions honestly.
It is a catch 22 with him.

When he talks there are always 5 or so things that come out of his mouth that, let’s just say are incorrect, and need clarification. 

I will say this - begrudgingly - I do appreciate Trump's statement to limit domestic travel.

I am probably not alone in dealing with elderly parents who are still active and like to travel.  Trying to get them to take a break, and just hang out in the house for a couple weeks was met with great resistance.  I swear they are like teenagers.

But, being able to quote Trump (and they are anti-Trump - so it went like: "Even Trump says...") I think will have an impact on keeping them from galavanting around.

I think that was the Wednesday night speech finally hitting home - we are a rudderless ship.

Its actually pretty embarrassing how unprepared we were/are for this. 
Totally agree here. Not only do we appear to have an incredibly science-resistant con man in charge, he refuses to listen to the very people who know the most there is to know about it, much less communicating those issues to the people who need to know it. It’s a complete ####### disaster. 

Pence asked if he has been tested for coronavirus given he has been exposed to the virus.

Pence said that WH physicians told him that neither he or his wife needed testing 

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably is pretty close. 
Hard to quantify.  Trump does a lot of short q/a type stuff and acts as his own press secretary. Obama did more interviews. Trump probably does answer more questions in a similar timetable, maybe even 2 to 1. Which would be about what you say, 4 years vs 8 years. Considering he’s also lied thousands of times I’m not sure this is beneficial. 

Um, what good does suspending interest on student loan payments, rather than the payments themselves? Don't people out of work need fewer bills not slightly lower bills?

The post-Trump part of the press conference just now, with a few moments excepted, is basically what I hope this looks like going forward. I’m not talking about the actual policies, but at least it was mostly serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread