What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only you were so vocal about posters on your side. 

Going after the other side isn't brave.  It's when you hold your side to the same standard as you hold others.
Dude - I call a spade a spade. Sorry you missed it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s expected, track record speaks for itself. 
Did I not compliment Trump today?  Go check the China thread. I’m ready for your apology.

You are welcome to find my deep generalizations about party affiliations and their moral character posts. I’m here waiting to issue apologies. 

Except I do. Stop trolling. 
If you do, you only do it when it fits the narrative.  Be brave.  Be as judicious about it with your side as your are the opposition.  Get your side in order first might be some good advice.

Also, I like how you guys like to call others trolls who don't fall in line.  

If you do, you only do it when it fits the narrative.  Be brave.  Be as judicious about it with your side as your are the opposition.  Get your side in order first might be some good advice.

Also, I like how you guys like to call others trolls who don't fall in line.  
Buddy - stop only seeing what you want to see. There are a bunch of Trolls in here and when I see it, i call it out. Broad generations along party lines, any party lines, is not helpful. 

... still waiting for that apology in which I complimented Trump today and stated I respected a part of his policy

Without an apology I can tell your only agenda is to divide with misinformation. Shame really. 

Did I not compliment Trump today?  Go check the China thread. I’m ready for your apology.

You are welcome to find my deep generalizations about party affiliations and their moral character posts. I’m here waiting to issue apologies. 
Still waiting my Eagles brother. Prove me wrong and I’ll eat crow.  Make sure to cherry pick a good one. 

otherwise ... troll on troll

Except for when he starts speaking "I would like to thank President Trump for the tremendous opportunity to be allowed to speak..."*

*it might be paraphrasing a bit but...
When he does that he’s on the right but then when talks about the corona thing he’s back to being on the left again. 

What's up with this website from Google?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC the state of CA had developed an idea for a testing access website with Google, it was in the early stages only... someone in the WH caught wind of it, and inserted it into Trump's presser which Trump then treated as his own idea and a thing the WH was working on and... Google said no they had no such project with the Feds. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but IIRC the state of CA had developed an idea for a testing access website with Google, it was in the early stages only... someone in the WH caught wind of it, and inserted it into Trump's presser which Trump then treated as his own idea and a thing the WH was working on and... Google said no they had no such project with the Feds. 
Further reporting showed that the "someone who caught wind of it" was Jared Kushner, who spoke with the CEO of Verily. Now Verily is scrambling to get things together because Kushner decided to make it a centerpiece of the plan without asking them first. It launched for the Bay Area in a trial tonight, I believe.

Further reporting showed that the "someone who caught wind of it" was Jared Kushner, who spoke with the CEO of Verily. Now Verily is scrambling to get things together because Kushner decided to make it a centerpiece of the plan without asking them first. It launched for the Bay Area in a trial tonight, I believe.

Debating posting this link because I’m sure they don’t need increased traffic, then I deleted the link. It took me a couple google searches to even find it. Pretty underwhelming.

DeBlasio is a total joke and this should finish him off. When do they get to vote that clown out?
I’m listening to him right now and he honestly sounds like an American hero. Guy is working 24/7, sounds exhausted, and his actions regarding school children and hospital space are especially great. 

What exactly is your gripe here? 

I’m listening to him right now and he honestly sounds like an American hero. Guy is working 24/7, sounds exhausted, and his actions regarding school children and hospital space are especially great. 

What exactly is your gripe here? 
No closing schools NYC schools when he should have. Pressure from above caused him to buckle to it. Then he said they had 'no plan' for closing schools. Doesn't matter. CLOSE THEM and work on the plan. Don't leave them open while you have a bunch of useless meetings coming up with a 'plan'.

That is what I'm talking about. There's your answer,  I'm outta here now. 

No closing schools NYC schools when he should have. Pressure from above caused him to buckle to it. Then he said they had 'no plan' for closing schools. Doesn't matter. CLOSE THEM and work on the plan. Don't leave them open while you have a bunch of useless meetings coming up with a 'plan'.

That is what I'm talking about. There's your answer,  I'm outta here now. 
OK. We disagree then. There are, among other issues, 114,000 homeless children in that school district who rely on school for food and shelter. Unless you have a plan for them you might actually make things worse. So this stuff takes a little planning. 

Thank you for responding to my question. No need to call me a virus. In both threads it was an honest question on my part. 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 13: Ordered National Emergency?
The last couple months or so in review.  Yes. it's only been a couple months.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.”

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”

February 25: “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

February 26: “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.”

February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”

March 2: “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”

March 2: “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”

March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5: “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 5: “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”

March 6: “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6: “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”

March 6: “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 8: “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”

March 9: “This blindsided the world.”

March 13: Ordered National Emergency?
The last couple months or so in review.  Yes. it's only been a couple months.
Wow. Brutal

Kasie Hunt @kasie · 19m

If all 100 senators don’t agree to move quickly, the Senate won’t consider the Pelosi-Mnuchin compromise coronavirus legislation until mid to late this week

@SenTomCotton on FBN this morning: “I don't think the House bill is going to pass the Senate as it is written.”

I don't really know the details of the House bill, but I do think its important to get it right, more than get it fast.  But, time is of the essence here, so getting it mostly right is probably much more important than getting it "perfect"

I thought several representatives said over the weekend their would be a third Covid-19 funding bill. What is the Senate objecting to?

Kasie Hunt @kasie · 19m

If all 100 senators don’t agree to move quickly, the Senate won’t consider the Pelosi-Mnuchin compromise coronavirus legislation until mid to late this week

@SenTomCotton on FBN this morning: “I don't think the House bill is going to pass the Senate as it is written.”

I don't really know the details of the House bill, but I do think its important to get it right, more than get it fast.  But, time is of the essence here, so getting it mostly right is probably much more important than getting it "perfect"
Inaction at this time is literally malfeasance. They can pass things that clarify or amend later. It’s confounding that the Senate isn’t acting yet. They should have passed this Friday/Saturday, not waited at all. 

Steps we all should be taking-

:Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.

:Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. 

:Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.

:If you are sick: You should wear a facemask when you are around other people

:Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.

: Turn off Fox News

:When Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and member of the Trump administration’s coronavirus task force speaks, listen. When President Trump speaks, mute the TV.  Unfollow the Presidents tweets

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread