What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow, Trump just said he thought this was a pandemic before it was called a pandemic!!  Wow, just at a loss of words after hearing this
He has to know that there is video of him saying the complete opposite right? 
He's like a perverse living example of Newton's third law.

Everything he has said, or will say, or will do, or has done, the equal but opposite of anything he has ever said or done. 

Mnuchin was sounding like a JG Wentworth commercial. 

WH has to play on with this.  "DJ Trumpworth, it's your money and you're getting it now!"

These were not my thoughts (or someone else') these were Trump;'s exact statements quoted by Daniel Dale, he was live tweeting and I was retweeting because I couldn't keep up with presser and wanted to quote Trump accurately. The alternative would be to paraphrase and then possibly get it wrong 

After some of Trump's statements I added my own commentary as others have done here who were also watching the presser and it was obvious I was just expressing my own opinion. 
Why do you feel it's your job to post live tweets in here?

Seriously, if we wanted to know tweets we would all go to Twitter. We don't need you to keep doing this.  Frankly, it's unnecessary and just clogs up these forums.

Seriously, if we wanted to know tweets we would all go to Twitter. We don't need you to keep doing this.  Frankly, it's unnecessary and just clogs up these forums.
As I said, I am only posting the tweets to get Trump quotes right. And several people have expressed thanks that they are getting what Trump has said in real time as they aren't watching or following on social media.  Again the alternative is to paraphrase what I am hearing, and get what Trump says wrong (which I am sure I would hear about too). I am trying to report Trump accurately. 

I recommend Putting him on ignore and avoid what bothers you. It is better when people stay on topic and not clutter with off topic stuff.

Daniel Dale‏Verified account @ddale8 35s35 seconds ago

Trump: The only thing we've not done well is not getting good press for our efforts. "We've done a poor job on press relationships. And you know, I guess -- I don't know who to blame for that. I don't know. Maybe I can blame ourselves for that. I will blame ourselves."
Credit where credit is due. Taking ownership of a bad relationship with the press is a sign of self awareness that is a bit surprising but quite welcoming, actually. 

Rachel Donadio‏Verified account @RachelDonadio 5m5 minutes ago

THREAD / Today this hospital in wealthy #Bergamo, epicenter of Italy's #COVID19 crisis, ran out of ICU beds. Many lessons in this excellent @MMQWalker @MarkMaremont story with the grimmest dateline in Italy: https://www.wsj.com/articles/every-day-you-lose-the-contagion-gets-worse-lessons-from-italys-hospital-meltdown-11584455470 … via @WSJ

#Bergamo #COVID19 lessons: —high infection rate among EMTs and ambulance drivers —keep mild/moderate cases at home to prevent spreading hospitals —Many more Covid19+ are asymptomatic. "The ICU is the tip of the iceberg" —Hospitals in U.S., Europe must ORGANIZE IN ADVANCE

This @WSJ story from #Bergamo, #Italy , epicenter of Italy's #COVID19 crisis, bears out this difficult @TheAtlantic piece by @Yascha_Mounk. There aren't enough ICU beds, and as in war, doctors do triage and choose whom to save, normally people under 65

https://twitter.com/RachelDonadio/status/1239978722473713665

Same here. Just leave the snark out and its much appreciated.

Oh on a different note @bigbottomplease keep us updated on Chances charity. Weather there is a raffle or not still want to donate what I can.
Thank you!  Yes, we still plan to do the raffle, but don't know the timing yet.  We'll likely wait a few weeks to see how the coronavirus situation is going.  The charity has enough in its reserves to maintain its programs (housing, meal delivery, etc.), so we're not in crisis mode or anything.  Again, thank you so much for thinking of Chance for Hope!

Your complaining about it isn't any better, and at least his posts contain info.

Put him on ignore and be done.
Without getting into a back and forth, I expect the Trump haters to group together and pile on.  So kudos to you for defending the indefensible and getting a backhanded insult in too.

I appreciate the loyalty you all have to each other despite being incorrect.  It's admirable.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have been complaining about someone posting relevant information.
I disagree on relevancy.  I certainly can see WHY you guys think it's relevant - it supports all of your confirmation bias so OF COURSE you're going to defend it.

It's only noise.  But if you think it's relevant, then maybe I'll copy/paste random Twitter thoughts every 30 seconds.  They would be just as relevant I guess, no?

I disagree on relevancy.  I certainly can see WHY you guys think it's relevant - it supports all of your confirmation bias so OF COURSE you're going to defend it.

It's only noise.  But if you think it's relevant, then maybe I'll copy/paste random Twitter thoughts every 30 seconds.  They would be just as relevant I guess, no?
Quotes from our President are not relevant here?  I'm not sure what counts as being relevant then.

Is Mnuchin talking about sending checks to every adult or is there some kind of targeting involved? I feel like I'm missing something.

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

ICYMI: A must read. 

By the end of February, a Berlin start-up had produced 1.4 million tests for coronavirus to ship around the world.  The US said no thanks; we can create our own.

Now, the U.S. now has the lowest rate for testing its citizens. (h/t @CarolLeonnig)

I have no doubt payments will be happening and all for it but I don’t see how it stimulates the economy at this point
Me either, I'll just be using the cash to pay for necessities and my business will just have to borrow that much less to supplement my personal expenses

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

ICYMI: A must read. 

By the end of February, a Berlin start-up had produced 1.4 million tests for coronavirus to ship around the world.  The US said no thanks; we can create our own.

Now, the U.S. now has the lowest rate for testing its citizens. (h/t @CarolLeonnig)
Who specifically turned it down?  Organization?

That couldn't have been doctors.

Some North Carolina politics:

Democratic Governor Roy Cooper announced earlier today that all bars and restaurants were to be closed at 5pm today, but can stay open for takeout and delivery. Then a couple hours later, our Republican Lieutenant Governor Dan Forest issued a statement saying that Cooper did not have the right to declare such an Executive Order, based on needing approval from the "Council of State", which are all the elected executive positions in North Carolina (6 Reps and 4 Dems). Also, Dan Forest is running for Governor this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread