What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kershaw or Corbin? (1 Viewer)

TheBottomLine

Footballguy
I'm struggling with my last pitcher keeper.  Other keepers are Bieber, Flaherty, and Clevinger.  

Our pitching categories are W, L, S, K, ERA, and WHIP.  

Would you keep Kershaw or Corbin?  Leaning Corbin.  

They're very close.  Ks are the most predictable SP category and Corbin has a slight edge there in terms of recent results.

I wouldn't blame anyone for picking Corbin, but I'd definitely go with Kershaw.  Reasons being a) Dodger Stadium b) NL West (you get to beat up on the Giants, Padres and just avoid road starts at Colorado) c) NL East is very strong outside of Miami d) WS hangover is real.

And I mean it's Kershaw.  Yeah, he's a year older now, but he came into last season with a ton of injuries, missed the first three weeks, and still was 16-5 with strong ratios - sure not otherworldly anymore.  And he's only a year older than Corbin.  

Kershaw's 178.1 IP's last year were his most since 2015. His BB's crept over 2/9 IP for the first time since 2012. His 1.41 HR/9 IP was the worst of his career. This is represented in his FIP that plummeted to 3.86. His hard contact raised noticeably in 2018 (36% - previous high 28.9) then it increased substantially again last year (41.9). His velocity also fell in 2018 (90.8, previous low of 92.8) then it fell again in 2019 to 90.3 mph. His other two pitches (slider and curve) are still plus, but they also net the highest exit velocity of his career.

I don't think this is close.

I have Corbin in my dynasty league and he has been awesome the last couple years.  The weird thing though is I cannot watch his starts.  Every time I watch one of his games he has a rough outing.  It could be one inning or the whole game.  I could come in during the 6th inning when he has 8 K's, 1 hit, 0 BB's and all of a sudden he walks two and gives up a homer.  It is unreal how often this happens. 

Users who are viewing this thread