What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Chase Claypool, MIA (1 Viewer)

Chase Claypool caught 3-of-3 targets for 88 yards and a touchdown in the Steelers' Week 2 win against the Broncos. 

Claypool caught an 84-yard bomb from Ben Roethlisberger, balancing along the sideline and pulling away from defenders for the score. The rookie might have gotten away with offensive pass interference, but that's just the opinion of one game watcher. Claypool is a boom-bust option who won't be trustworthy in fantasy lineups next week against the Texans. 

Sep 20, 2020, 6:17 PM ET

Hope Big Ben stays one more year after this. Would love to see Ben work with Diontae as the #1 and Claypool as the #2. 

If Claypool is still on your wire get him this week even if you have to overbid. Officially had 4 targets and caught one. The three misses weren't catchable balls, but we're longish looks. And he had two others that didn't hit the box due to penalty, one of which was a PI against his defender/mauler. Oh and his one catch was a screen where he bossed two tacklers near the LOS, then very nearly took it for a TD, missing by a hair.

He looked WAY better than James Washington. The breakout is coming soon IMO, if Diontae misses games.

Chase Claypool caught 1-of-4 targets for 24 yards in Pittsburgh's Week 3 win over the Texans.

Claypool nearly turned his lone catch into a touchdown but was ultimately knocked out of bounds while stretching for the pylon. With Diontae Johnson (concussion) exiting early, Claypool will garner interest on waivers (and rightfully so) ahead of Pittsburgh's Week 4 matchup against Tennessee. The rookie is a tremendous stash regardless in case he eventually takes the team's No. 3 receiver job full-time.

Sep 27, 2020, 6:46 PM ET

The guy Claypool reminds me of most is Darren Waller - though I think Claypool has better hands, body control and straight-line speed. I don't think he's as twitchy as prime Megatron, but I think he has similar ball skills and more physicality. It's absolutely ridiculous that a talent like this not only fell out of the 1st round, but was the 11th WR off the board. 11th! 

No harm upon Deonte, but I really hope he sits this week, just to get Chase on the field for a full game in 3 WR sets. I suspect once he does, it'll be James Washington who gets relegated upon Deonte's eventual return. We all know what a healthy JJSS can do. But have a look at these two up-and-coming Stiller baby beasts. Once all three are fully integrated and clicking, Pitt will have the best WR corps in the NFL, save for perhaps Dallas.

NFL weeks 1-2: 

Chase - https://youtu.be/lpgPVTW3uog

Deonte - https://youtu.be/YSqk2iOqovo

Steel Week 3 - https://youtu.be/8VwgnJlcmgw - fast fwd to 11:15 to check out the new boss. 

Claypool leads week 3 Stillers WR snaps:

The starting offensive line and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger played every offensive snap, which is always great news. Jerald Hawkins played 3 snaps as a 6th offensive lineman and last week’s story of the game, Kevin Dotson, went back to the bench for all but 4 special teams snaps ... The next highest count after those six was Chase Claypool at 61 snaps played.
If you look closely you will see a name that doesn’t fit on that snap count list. Minkah Fitzpatrick played three offensive snaps in Week 3, but it wasn’t as an emergency receiver or the start of a dual threat career. Minkah Fitzpatrick took over Chase Claypool’s safety valve role in the kneel down at the end of the game. Claypool was in for the kneel down at the end of the first half.
Not sure if the bolded is a sign that Claypool has ascended in team importance - or if he was shook up physically when he tried that dive into the EZ at the end of the game. If the former, and given the snap counts, the trend is his friend. And yours since multiple waiver wire WRs blew up the box scores this weekend, while Chase put up a quiet 1-4-24-0. Let everyone else duke it for Lazard, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Higgins, Isabella, Wilson, Cobb, Renfrow - while you quietly slide into the Mapletron DMs. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Chase Claypool caught 7-of-11 targets for 110 yards and three touchdowns in the Steelers' Week 5 win over the Eagles, adding a rushing touchdown on three carries.

Claypool stepped up with three scores through the air and an extra touchdown on the ground while Diontae Johnson was sidelined with a back injury. He also had a chance at another long play but was called for offensive pass interference. No Steelers receiver outside of Claypool saw more than five targets. Because he was so clearly the No. 1 wide receiver in this game, Claypool should be rostered in every league and could even be worth starting if Johnson is out for Week 6 when Pittsburgh faces the Browns.

- Rotoworld
... "could be even worth starting if Johnson is out"? I can already see people blowing  their whole FAAB and their sister's virginity to get this guy on Waivers.

I got snaked in dynasty on this guy and I'll regret that. I think I've been in here before saying it. This guy is the real deal. 

What a Beast this kid is.   

Loved the guy last year at Notre Dame.    Mapletron??   He looks like Optimus Prime to me.   

Dynasty wise, I couldn't be more excited. Especially with JuJu likely gone after this season.

Redraft wise, I almost wonder if he's a sell high. He's likely left James Washington in the dust, but I don't think its right to assume this game puts him ahead of JuJu or Johnson. Although, I personally think Johnson and Claypool are the 2 best WR's on the team. I can't see JuJu just getting fazed out, as he has the best rapport with Roethlisberger.

fred_1_15301 said:
Had one taken away as well on a ticky tack OPI call.  Dude is a beast.  
That call was so horrible. Would have probably been the lone successful OPI challenge in the league‘s history.

I'm so ticked off at myself... I had every intention of grabbing Claypool off the wire as soon as I was able to slot Julio in to the IR slot, and then for whatever reason I decided to roster Pollard instead. I just traded Diontae late last week, and thought grabbing a piece of this pass offense would be in my best interest. Clearly I must have had a seizure some time yesterday around 11:30am EST.

In tems of percentage of bidding $$$, how much would you bid on him this week in a PPR redraft? I understand it also depends on your roster but let's just talk about generic value here. out of 100, how much would you spend on getting him off WW this week?

In tems of percentage of bidding $$$, how much would you bid on him this week in a PPR redraft? I understand it also depends on your roster but let's just talk about generic value here. out of 100, how much would you spend on getting him off WW this week?
80/100

The only reason to hesitate on redraft is he was apparently covered by a linebacker often yesterday.  Pls I don’t think it was even a starting LB for philly.  

not a reason to hesitate adding him - just on how aggressively

90% of your FAAB.    This kid has league-winner written all over him.  

The only reason to hesitate on redraft is he was apparently covered by a linebacker often yesterday.  Pls I don’t think it was even a starting LB for philly.  

not a reason to hesitate adding him - just on how aggressively
Great points.  Appreciate the context.

He did look great abusing a DB on the BS pass interference they called on Mapletron.

Users who are viewing this thread