What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Chase Claypool, MIA (1 Viewer)

Big Ben is 3 of 3 for 51 yards when throwing to Claypool, including a near TD on a nice 36 yard reception.  

Passes to JuJu - 2 of 4 for 6 yards. 

he's very good. im cautiously optimistic, but he seems to be checking all the boxes.

1. Player from a national program drafted before the weekend.

2. Great reports out of camp.

3. in his 1st nfl game, just getting a taste of nfl football, he makes a toe tapping high point catch.

It's just been up from there quite frankly. His role is increasing as is his tree. That video posted above about last weeks game was very positive. The hand signal to juju is phenomenal

Chase Claypool caught all four of his targets for 74 yards in the Steelers’ Week 6 win over the Browns, rushing two times for seven yards and one touchdown.

Claypool led the Steelers in receiving yards, but it was James Washington who saw a team-best seven targets in Diontae Johnson’s (back) absence. Washington went 4-68-1 on his looks. Claypool’s short rushing score came on a jet sweep to the left. Dripping with upside, Claypool has emerged as a high-upside WR3 moving forward with a date with the Titans on deck.

Oct 18, 2020, 4:16 PM ET

Guy is insane. He scored 5 TD’s the last two weeks and was, cumulatively, inches away from 3 more TD’s during that time.

Crazy how good this rookie WR class is. Current 16 game pace for these guys (despite no preseason and many not playing much the first couple weeks)

Lamb 93/1386/6

Claypool 54/1139/19

Jefferson 75/1432/8

Higgins 66/1020/6

Crazy how good this rookie WR class is. Current 16 game pace for these guys (despite no preseason and many not playing much the first couple weeks)

Lamb 93/1386/6

Claypool 54/1139/19

Jefferson 75/1432/8

Higgins 66/1020/6
Jefferson & Lamb remind you of the year AJ & Julio came in - gonna be good for a long time if they stay healthy

Jefferson & Lamb remind you of the year AJ & Julio came in - gonna be good for a long time if they stay healthy
It will be interesting to see how this class looks at the end of the year compared to the 2014 class that had OBJ, Evans, Sammy Watkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews who were all significant fantasy contributors as rookies. That class also had Cooks, Allen Robinson and Davante Adams so it's a reminder not to give up on guys like Reagor or Mims who have been been hampered by injury. Heck, remember OBJ was injured to start his rookie year and through week 6 only had 6/72/1. 

It will be interesting to see how this class looks at the end of the year compared to the 2014 class that had OBJ, Evans, Sammy Watkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews who were all significant fantasy contributors as rookies. That class also had Cooks, Allen Robinson and Davante Adams so it's a reminder not to give up on guys like Reagor or Mims who have been been hampered by injury. Heck, remember OBJ was injured to start his rookie year and through week 6 only had 6/72/1. 
I actually think Reagor would be in the same discussion as these had he not gotten injured. Guy looked so explosive in camp and the first couple games he played at the start.

We've yet to see what the snap share will look like with DJ healthy, post Claypool breakout. Weeks 1-2 saw DJ and JSS take north of 85% of the snaps. Since week 3 CC, JSS, JW have all been right around 70%.

Do we have any clue what happens with all 4 healthy? Is anyone else afraid to start Claypool this week?

We've yet to see what the snap share will look like with DJ healthy, post Claypool breakout. Weeks 1-2 saw DJ and JSS take north of 85% of the snaps. Since week 3 CC, JSS, JW have all been right around 70%.

Do we have any clue what happens with all 4 healthy? Is anyone else afraid to start Claypool this week?
Not afraid, but I have the luxury of plugging in Fuller and watching how it all plays out.

Interesting question. Here are their snap counts by game in order of total snaps played.

JJSS 86% 91% 73% 76% 65%

James Washington 58% 48% 81% 71% 66%

Chase Claypool  30% 37% 76% 69% 79%

Diontae Johnson 85% 83% 24% 8% DNP

JJSS is seeing his playing time reduced a bit.

I am guessing if Johnson plays a lot that Washington will play less more so than Claypool.

Biabreakable said:
Interesting question. Here are their snap counts by game in order of total snaps played.

JJSS 86% 91% 73% 76% 65%

James Washington 58% 48% 81% 71% 66%

Chase Claypool  30% 37% 76% 69% 79%

Diontae Johnson 85% 83% 24% 8% DNP

JJSS is seeing his playing time reduced a bit.

I am guessing if Johnson plays a lot that Washington will play less more so than Claypool.
Chase has made several higher degree of difficulty long catches the last few weeks. That's hard to keep up. If he remains a weapon on jet sweeps or becomes a red-zone end-zone target, he could maintain his value. 

I think we know for a fact that there will be at least 3-4 plays designed specifically for Chase, is that safe to assume?

After that it's all abut big Ben and who he trusts...etc... Claypool has been hot and looked great, if I were Ben I would keep feeding him when he is on the field.  I am starting him over Chase Edmonds (not a difficult choice).

Also gamescrpit, I think the Titans keep this pretty competitive and they get Corey Davis back who looked good weeks 1 and 2..... 

Last edited by a moderator:
What did people expect to happen when DJ came back? Trying to predict week to week which WR erupts is going to be a headache 

Malcom Butler has been following Claypool all day...announcers are saying he is getting the #1 WR treatment...it’s opening everyone else.

Butler was shadowing him, but I have no idea if Claypool was getting open or not. Ben literally never looked his way. If you were in the stadium or have the all-22 please let us know what you saw/see.

Butler was shadowing him, but I have no idea if Claypool was getting open or not. Ben literally never looked his way. If you were in the stadium or have the all-22 please let us know what you saw/see.
Since when does Butler shadowing a player mean much? Maybe I haven't been paying much attention but I wasn't under the impression Butler was some kind of shutdown corner. On the one hand I suppose it's encouraging that they saw him as enough of a threat to focus on taking him out of the game. Doesn't help your fantasy team though.

Not sure why Ebron gets any targets at all honestly. They could go to Claypool.

Since when does Butler shadowing a player mean much? Maybe I haven't been paying much attention but I wasn't under the impression Butler was some kind of shutdown corner. On the one hand I suppose it's encouraging that they saw him as enough of a threat to focus on taking him out of the game. Doesn't help your fantasy team though.

Not sure why Ebron gets any targets at all honestly. They could go to Claypool.
The commentators made a big deal of the fact that the Titans chose to shadow Claypool with Butler. They said, it implied the Titans thought Claypool was Pitsburgh’s WR1, and went so far as to say Butler took him out of the game. 

I always think more long-term (dynasty), but there's absolutely no doubt Claypool will be their WR1 in time. It really shouldn't even be a debate. Claypool is a rookie during the COVID season, no less. We haven't seen anything from him yet (compared to when he hits his peak production).

If you can swap DJ for Claypool in a dynasty league, run, don't walk, to your computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
The commentators made a big deal of the fact that the Titans chose to shadow Claypool with Butler. They said, it implied the Titans thought Claypool was Pitsburgh’s WR1, and went so far as to say Butler took him out of the game. 
I"m sorry but if Malcolm Butler takes you out of a game you aren't anyone's WR1.

Users who are viewing this thread