What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is your 40 yard dash time? Or what do you think it is? (1 Viewer)

What would your 40 yard dash time be?

• Under 4.5 seconds

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 4.5 to 5 seconds

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • 5 to 5.5 seconds

Votes: 24 21.8%
  • 5.5 to 6 seconds

Votes: 22 20.0%
  • 6 to 6.5 seconds

Votes: 14 12.7%
  • 6.5 to 7 seconds

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • 7 to 7.5 seconds

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • 7.5 to 8 seconds

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Over 8 seconds

Votes: 16 14.5%

• Total voters

eoMMan

Footballguy
I saw Rich Eisen runs the 40 yard dash each year for charity.  He clocked in at 5.98 seconds this year.

Link

What would your time be?

:popcorn:

(Per wiki, offensive guards are typically the slowest of NFL positions with a 5.36 second average time).  Link

What was my best or what is it now?

In college I was clocked at 4.89

Now probably 6-7 seconds if not higher

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 49 years old 6'2" and in pretty good shape.  I chose 5.5-6.0 as I think I'd be a hair under 6.00.  I believe I'm faster than Rich Eisen.
this ^

Eisen's a cucked goofball. 

i'd crawl faster than that beetch. 

depends how quickly the ambulance arrives...

i beat 11 seconds in the 100yd in HS, which converts to about a flat 5 40-yds

There was a cool fair hosted by the Rams a few years ago that I attended at their workout facilities.  They had a 40 yard dash area where you could get timed.  I did mine in 5.2 seconds and I wasn't in very good shape.  I'm pretty sure I can beat that now although not by much.  Maybe could get close to 5 seconds flat.

the Packers included a 40-yard dash setup as part of the Titletown build next to the stadium. 

any time you go to the Titletown park, you'll see people testing their speed.  you're a lot slower than you might think.

i've watched fat people, young people, old people, fit people... all of them are "slow".   the fastest i've ever seen was a college aged girl who looked like a track athlete and she just cracked 5 seconds. she was ####### FLYING down the runway.

lol at any of us 40 years olds voting sub 6 seconds

40 y.o. with a bad back. Voted 5.5-6 because I absolutely have to be faster than Rich based on watching that video.

Ran a 4.5 back in HS and college. But now I'm fat and those fast twitch muscles aren't so fast anymore. I'd say 6+ seconds. 

I’m in good shape but late 30s and was never explosive to begin with. Upper 5s would be my best result I would think. 

I remember in high school when we ran the 40 for fall practices for football.  When the coaches weren't looking, a couple goofballs moved the cones to 35 yards.  I was clocked at 4.9.  Now, that was when I was a 17 year old high school wide receiver.  I briefly got in better shape in my 20s, and probably could have broken 5 seconds at that time.  Now, as a 46 year old?  I would pull something before I got the full 40 yards in.

The start is hysterical.  Two stutter steps backwards, not exactly textbook.  I don't understand why amateurs come out of a stance.  It must be faster for people who don't know what they're doing to just start standing up.  
How about the "running" form being speed walking?

Already had mine, so I'm probably like in the 6 range.  Was probably around 4.7 in HS.  Was more quick than straight-line fast.
In school track, I was a 440/880 yard guy. 

So, I was more endurance than quick or fast. 

Can't remember a single time tho. I did win a pretty ribbon once or twice. 🥳

I can do a single beer in under a second so I could probably slam a 40 in like 4-5 seconds, accounting for fizz and whatnot.

Oh, wait

I ran track every year in HS just for something to do and stay in shape.   Ran the 100 and 220. I was high 4s in the 40 but I was never trained to start correctly. We basically started in the standup position. Pretty sure I could still beat Eisen if I did not pull a hammy.

Could run with a Marshall U RB in High School.  4.7 to 4.8?

I ran 5.15 in the dead of winter with layers of clothes carrying a few extra pounds when I was in my early 30s.

Now?  Lucky to break 7 seconds I think.  Even luckier if I wasn't stretchered off when I was done.

Users who are viewing this thread