What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Democratic VP candidates - Kamala Harris Is The Choice (1 Viewer)

Ugh...I was hoping not to have to listen to that phony anymore.

Should have gone with Buttigieg.

Biden has a sizable lead right now in the polls nationally and also in most of the battleground states.  Why do you think this pick will have such a huge impact to sway things from probably Biden winning to definitely Trump winning?
I don't believe the polls.  Similar to 2016.  Harris has too much baggage and will not help him at all.

• Laughing
Reactions: rct
Ilov80s said:
pantherclub said:
She called him racist but now she is on board.  I really hate politics 
I know, so ridiculous. However, how does one turn down a VP offer? Especially if you think he is racist. 
Perhaps they  had a heart-to-heart and cleared the air?  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fastball, straight down the middle.  Didn't overcomplicate things, no surprises, smart, calm, normal.

Maybe the best thing about this will be Trumpists claiming that Harris is a bad pick because she alienates blacks with her Law & Order background but also oh yeah Biden/Harris will be bad for Law & Order.

You guys are all a ton more into this than I am. But for the casual observer like me, she seems like a great and safe choice.
I think if you look close, the people who identify as Dems tend to like the pick, and the people who identify as Not Dems are the ones more critical of the pick.

I am not sure what that says - but its interesting.

Since I've been getting hit with a lot of Anti-Biden, weak on crime, adds.  Harris certainly helps with that.  

Similar to the Anti-Trump, questioning Christian morals, adds I got back in early 2016.  Which Pence helped cover.  

Joe Biden is not in support of defunding the police, and Kamala Harris has more law & order credentials then anyone on either ticket. Even though it won't dampen the "radical left" rhetoric, it should.

Biden/Harris is a pretty centrist ticket. No Sanders, no Warren, no AOC.

Centrist Republicans who were Republicans before Trump took over the party should take heed. This is a "please get us back to normal" ticket. Plenty of people are tired of DJT every day with the tweets and his family and the gutting of democratic, important institutions like USPS and the Department of Education, during a pandemic when we just want to get back to normal. Not to mention the CDC. Enough already with the dividing and the no masks and the red vs. blue and the Antifa and everything else. Enough.

Harris has too much baggage and will not help him at all.
I heard Limbaugh yesterday talking about Harris and used just this word, "baggage." Then he went on to explain this had to do with her romantic history with Willie Brown. That's really pathetic if that's going to be the baggage argument.

You guys need to make him at least throw bait on the hook!!  Come on!!!  You're better than this!!!!  :lmao:

Kind of a yawner of a pick...definitely safe.

Ilov80s said:
I know, so ridiculous. However, how does one turn down a VP offer? Especially if you think he is racist. 
:confused:  If one thought he's a racist, they'd be more inclined to accept the offer?
If you want your party to win and you think that your presence on the ticket will help to mitigate concerns from certain voters who think that the Presidential candidate is a bigot......and you also think there's a legitimate chance that he won't last 4 years in office......yeah, I think the shark move is to accept.

(See also: Mike Pence.)

:confused:  If one thought he's a racist, they'd be more inclined to accept the offer?
If I was running for office and I thought fantasy sports should be outlawed, wouldn't you want my running mate to be someone who loves fantasy sports and can strongly defend it? For Harris, if she wants to bring about positive changes, help the country and the Black community, isn't serving as VP the best path she has at this point? If she says no, isn't there a chance he picks another racist and there's now 2 racists in the White House? 

I heard Limbaugh yesterday talking about Harris and used just this word, "baggage." Then he went on to explain this had to do with her romantic history with Willie Brown. That's really pathetic if that's going to be the baggage argument.

Does that surprise you? There is a 100% chance Trump will try to use her race and her personal romantic history against her. And not in a subtle way.

Does that surprise you? There is a 100% chance Trump will try to use her race and her personal romantic history against her. And not in a subtle way.
The countdown is on to the super racist dog whistle tweet that i'm sure he is trying to spell out right now one letter at a time

Kamala Harris On Joe Biden Accusers: 'I Believe Them'

The presidential hopeful weighed in on the recent allegations of inappropriate touching against the former vice president.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) said she believes the women who have come forward alleging that former Vice President Joe Biden touched them without their consent. 

“I believe them, and I respect them being able to tell their story and having the courage to do it,”

interesting

• Laughing
I get it, people are going to plug their noses and swallow hard to varying degrees to accept this pick. But I do still have to wonder if the fact that Harris was struggling to get 5% of the vote in primaries makes Dems worry just a little bit.

No it doesn't surprise me. I wonder sometimes about political thinking. Surely Biden & Team know this. Supposedly this should be a negative, this "scandal" or call it what it may be called (expletives about manure only come to mind). But truth is Kamala Harris is pretty likable and I don't think attacks on her in this vein will help Trump, in fact IMO they will hurt him rather. DJT has a serious problem with suburban female voters. This is like a pinata for him, he can't resist going after this, and it will be ugly as hell for him IMO.

I think if you look close, the people who identify as Dems tend to like the pick, and the people who identify as Not Dems are the ones more critical of the pick.

I am not sure what that says - but its interesting.
Yeah - just reading this thread, and I feel great about this pick for VP.

I get it, people are going to plug their noses and swallow hard to varying degrees to accept this pick. But I do still have to wonder if the fact that Harris was struggling to get 5% of the vote in primaries makes Dems worry just a little bit.
I don't think matters at all. It's going to come down to Biden vs Trump. Look at Pence, he wouldn't have even gotten 5% if he had run for POTUS but he had Conservative Christian clout which was a Trump weakness so he was just using him for leverage with that bloc. Biden is doing the same with Black voters and Centrists who are worried about law and order. She is providing help in areas of weakness. 

I actually remember her explicitly saying  “I’m not calling you a racist” during that exchange.

Her busing tirade was a dumb attack that backfired, that’s politics. Seems like they both acknowledge that.
Yup. I didn’t remember the exchange exactly but agreed for sure on the busing attack. That was dumb.

Is Kamala the one that said she smoked marijuana but convicted people for doing the same?

• Sad
No surprise here...Biden was limited in his choices due to committing to identity politics...will be interesting to see how she is looked upon (i.e. likability factor) after there is a good dose of her on the campaign trail...she will probably be asked to be the face/voice of this campaign far more then any other VP candidate since Biden can not handle those rigors and unlike any other VP choice there is absolutely no doubt if Biden wins the VP will absolutely be President.

Users who are viewing this thread