Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NorvilleBarnes

Twitter bans age based insults

"Today, we are further expanding this rule to include language that dehumanizes on the basis of age, disability or disease."

LINK

The boomers are a sensitive bunch. They have been ripping on millennials for like a decade. Now the millennials actually come up with a comeback and they get it banned. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 2

Does this mean we can't make fun of Boomers on social media? That sucks. **doesn't even have a twitter or facebook account**

10 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

The boomers are a sensitive bunch. They have been ripping on millennials for like a decade. Now the millennials actually come up with a comeback and they get it banned. 

As a neutral non-boomer observer, boomers are trailing in the sensitivity rankings in this thread, so far.

1 minute ago, Mister CIA said:

As a neutral non-boomer observer, boomers are trailing in the sensitivity rankings in this thread, so far.

Huh?

2 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Huh?

You seem sensitive, is what I was trying to say with lightheartedness. 

3 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Huh?

Daisy, I see you just came back after not posting since October of 2018.

Welcome back, do you wish to share why you were gone so long?  (I always enjoyed your posts).

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Welcome back, do you wish to share why you were gone so long?  (I always enjoyed your posts).

Your most likeable post ever.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, squistion said:

I am not going to go into details because it was a long time ago and I am not trying to get anyone into trouble. Let's just say a break was needed and while I lurked I knew it would be better to not post. 

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Mister CIA said:

You seem sensitive, is what I was trying to say with lightheartedness. 

It was just a personal observation between work and family. It doesn't mean it holds true all the time, but in my personal life it does.  

First you can't make fun of one's age, next thing you know you can't make fun of the Irish.

• Laughing 2

5 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

First you can't make fun of one's age, next thing you know you can't make fun of the Irish.

Only the Irish can make fun of themselves.

5 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

:reported:

6 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Just so long as we still make fun of the Fighting Irish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Of course right after biden becomes the front runner. Whats next a ban on hair sniffing jokes? Twitter is just so establishment. 

• Like 1

FBGs should really filter 'Ok Boomer' if a portion of our population finds it offensive.  

12 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

I am not going to go into details because it was a long time ago and I am not trying to get anyone into trouble. Let's just say a break was needed and while I lurked I knew it would be better to not post. 

Nice to see you posting again 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

FBGs should really filter 'Ok Boomer' if a portion of our population finds it offensive.  

I prefer #shotsfired or #triggered over the O word

So is millennial bad too now?  

Or just "Boomer."  

• Like 1

Funny how an act taken intended to mend a rift can have the total opposite effect.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

:lmao: Nice stereotype 

ETA

Maybe you are referring to people on Twitter.  In my experience most people that spend a lot of time posting on that platform are the worst amongst us.  This isn't limited to an age, ideology, race, creed or particular sexual preference.  It gives users an anonymous voice to spew nonsense they never would dream of saying if it were attached to their IRL name. 

Edited by Sheriff Bart
  • Love 1

I’m sandwiched between two giant generations of self-absorbed pansies.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

twitter is the concentration of all the terrible thoughts and people in the world...nobody is surprised it's turned into what it is

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, killface said:

twitter is the concentration of all the terrible thoughts and people in the world...nobody is surprised it's turned into what it is

It sure seems that way to me too.

Posted (edited)

I don't take offense to "Boomer".   Hell, I don't even take offense to being called "cracker".  I love tomato soup and crackers.  Both seem harmless enough.  You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, but you doesn't have to call me Johnson.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYsfbq3vMc

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

I don't take offense to "Boomer".   Hell, I don't even take offense to being called "cracker".  I love tomato soup and crackers.  Both seem harmless enough.  You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, but you doesn't have to call me Johnson.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYsfbq3vMc

Somehow I doubt you are called "cracker" much in Minnesota...but I could be mistaken. 

Edited by squistion

The contra to Boomer, that being Gen-Z = Zoomer, is hilariously adorable to me.

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2020 at 7:06 PM, msudaisy26 said:

:eek:

Where you been, friend? 

eta* And Sinn, too. It's good to see people back in the fray that we might have otherwise lost into the internet ether. Glad to see you both in the same thread.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, squistion said:

Somehow I doubt you are called "cracker" much in Minnesota...but I could be mistaken. 

You're right, but that name, or boomer doesn't bother me at all.  Both seem like weak attempts at an insult.