Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mister CIA

Best All-Time Brother Combo?

Recommended Posts

Henri (passed yesterday, R.I.P.) and Maurice Richard

William and James Reid (Jesus and Mary Chain)

Ray and Dave Davies (Kinks)

Alex and Eddie VH 

Ronnie and Reggie Kray

Mark and Bob Mothersbaugh/Jerry and Bob Casale (Devo)

Smokin' and Drinkin' Bob and Tommy Stinson ('Mats)

Peter, Anton, Marian Stastny

Ron and Scott Ashton (Stooges)

Mo, Curly, Shemp - (also Stooges)

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

Peter, Anton, Marian Stastny

Wut? Awesome pull. Great list for the others, too. An anecdote: My Czechoslovakian neighbor when I was a kid helped get the Stasnys situated in North America, if the stories are to be believed. Great man, and great men for defecting in the eye of public pressure that must have been crazy. 

I'll keep it with hockey and go with the Sutter brothers. 

eta* Whoops. LBL already covered it. 

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fidel & Raul

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angus and Malcolm

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

Doobie

Which Doobie you be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cjw_55106 said:

Obvious answer: Jose and Ozzie Canseco. 

Sweet jeebus...this was seriously the first one that came to mind. I guess it really was the obvious answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Charlie Steiner said:

Don't forget their brother George.

I did remember they had another brother but I forgot he produced them in tge beginning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, msommer said:

I did remember they had another brother but I forgot he produced them in tge beginning

And had a respectable music career in his own right. Though The Easybeats were more successful, I did enjoy this song from his other band, Flash N the Pan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rockaction said:

Wut? Awesome pull. Great list for the others, too. An anecdote: My Czechoslovakian neighbor when I was a kid helped get the Stasnys situated in North America, if the stories are to be believed. Great man, and great men for defecting in the eye of public pressure that must have been crazy. 

were you a big fan of the Whale? musta been crushing for that area when they couped to Quebec, no?

Petr Stastny was a filthy great hockey dood ... they all were, tbh, but Petey boy was a killer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, otb_lifer said:

were you a big fan of the Whale? musta been crushing for that area when they couped to Quebec, no?

Petr Stastny was a filthy great hockey dood ... they all were, tbh, but Petey boy was a killer. 

Yuge Whale fan. Stastny and his brothers provided many years of rivalry-filled goodness with the Whalers, though nobody would deny Quebec was the better franchise, especially having landed the brothers. That said, a stunning 3-0 (games) upset in the first round of the playoffs during the '85-'86 season against the Nordiques gave the Whale reason for hope and pride, of which little was to be had otherwise.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kims...(Jong-un..Jong-nam...Jong-chul)👩‍✈️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

Joe and Dom DiMaggio 

You forgot Vince.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael, Sonny, and .......Fredo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Drunken knight said:

Michael, Sonny, and .......Fredo

Tom: "i was as much a son to him as you or Mike"

... always loved that he left Fredo outta that assertion.

🇮🇹

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacob and Johann Bernoulli. You may have seen their names in a stats or calculus course. They also had some less famous but notable mathematician brothers. Nature or nurture?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackie, Tito, and Jermaine, with younger brothers Marlon and Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

 The Ghost  and  the Darkness.

 

Nice! :thumbup:

 

Blues Brothers

Noel and Liam

James Arness and Peter Graves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wright. 

Marx

Kelce and Pouncey have to be up there recently

Mario and Luigi.

Hemsworth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, otb_lifer said:

Henri (passed yesterday, R.I.P.) and Maurice Richard

William and James Reid (Jesus and Mary Chain)

Ray and Dave Davies (Kinks)

Alex and Eddie VH 

Ronnie and Reggie Kray

Mark and Bob Mothersbaugh/Jerry and Bob Casale (Devo)

Smokin' and Drinkin' Bob and Tommy Stinson ('Mats)

Peter, Anton, Marian Stastny

Ron and Scott Ashton (Stooges)

Mo, Curly, Shemp - (also Stooges)

 

 

1 minute ago, psychobillies said:

No Eddie and Alex mentioned yet?  Crazy.  Hope I just missed it.

:popcorn:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

 

:popcorn:

Oh good. Was hoping I had just missed it.   Nice job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I will still go Sutters.  6 brothers playing professionally and all competent to good pros? Pretty remarkable.

And supposedly the 7th brother, who didn’t play, was the most talented.  Or so I’ve heard. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by cheeseypoof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cain & Abel

Chico, Harpo & Groucho

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cheeseypoof said:

And supposedly the 7th brother, who didn’t play, was the most talented.  Or so I’ve heard. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah, but he was a decent Supreme Court Justice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, cheeseypoof said:

And supposedly the 7th brother, who didn’t play, was the most talented.  Or so I’ve heard. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah that’s what the claim is.  Gary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.