Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Getzlaf15

*** Official Biden Sadness They Keep Running Him Out There and Other Issues Thread *** No Trump Posts

51 minutes ago, squistion said:

Meh. Old stuff. I was expecting something from the debate last night which would supposedly again demonstrate his mental decline. 

I get that the snark is fun for many, but while the rest of world is trying to deal with virus issues, maybe just talk about it straight instead of trying to be cute.

I get it that "I thought Biden did well last night. Few if any gaffes and it seemed clear he is ahead" isn't as fun. But just seems more appropriate than the little slaps like this. 

And sorry to single you out, I know lots of people are doing it too. Maybe we can all be a little more cool for a little bit?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Just now, Joe Bryant said:

I get that the snark is fun for many, but while the rest of world is trying to deal with virus issues, maybe just talk about it straight instead of trying to be cute.

I get it that "I thought Biden did well last night. Few if any gaffes and it seemed clear he is ahead" isn't as fun. But just seems more appropriate than the little slaps like this. 

And sorry to single you out, I know lots of people are doing it too. Maybe we can all be a little more cool for a little bit?

OK. Acknowledged. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, msudaisy26 said:

That isn't a gaffe that is hilarious. 

You think they care in this thread that it isn't a gaffe?  

That was the original title, then it was added "NO TRUMP POSTS" and now it has morphed into a catch all Biden bashing thread including "AND OTHER ISSUES". 

Edited by squistion

21 minutes ago, squistion said:

You think they care in this thread that it isn't a gaffe?  

That was the original title, then it was added "NO TRUMP POSTS" and now it has morphed into a catch all Biden bashing thread including "AND OTHER ISSUES". 

OTHER ISSUE - I'LL ALLOW IT.

No Trump posts is in the OP.  And then repeatedly violated, so I changed the title and that has worked well until you just mentioned his name again.  Please stay on topic and not nit pic other people posting. Thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

OTHER ISSUE - I'LL ALLOW IT.

No Trump posts is in the OP.  And then repeatedly violated, so I changed the title and that has worked well until you just mentioned his name again.  Please stay on topic and not nit pic other people posting. Thanks.

I was quoting msudaisy and commenting on that, not nitpicking her post.

1 minute ago, squistion said:

I was quoting msudaisy and commenting on that, not nitpicking her post.

go troll another thread. thanks

4 minutes ago, KiddLattimer said:

"We have never never never failed to respond to a crisis as a people and I tell you what I'm so.. darn proud.. and those poor people who've.... lost.. you know (sigh) ughh anyway."

Guy's clearly losing it- it's obvious why the DNC was in such a hurry to get the primary over with.  

34 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

"We have never never never failed to respond to a crisis as a people and I tell you what I'm so.. darn proud.. and those poor people who've.... lost.. you know (sigh) ughh anyway."

Guy's clearly losing it- it's obvious why the DNC was in such a hurry to get the primary over with.  

Thank god we don't have an FDR style democrat still in the race that might be exactly what we need right now

24 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

Anderson Cooper is just stunned at how bad this is.

Not sure they can even be called gaffes anymore. This is Joe all the time.   

1 hour ago, KiddLattimer said:

This just gets sadder and sadder. I don't like Biden but damn I feel bad for the guy at this point

I was a Biden fan a year ago, now actually quite concerned about him. This job is demanding and exhausting and not sure Joe is up to it at 78. And that is not a jab, Joe is older than my grandfather and that worries me.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KiddLattimer said:

This just gets sadder and sadder. I don't like Biden but damn I feel bad for the guy at this point

Yeah I dislike Biden personally but I kind of feel bad for him, to see him looking down at the ground and being incoherent, it’s depressing to see it play out in real time.  You can tell he’s heard the whispers about cognitive decline and it’s getting to him, he’s one of the most arrogant politicians of all time, now he just looks like an embarrassed, frail old man.  

It’s just cruel to keep putting him out there like this.  He should drop out.  

• Like 2

I keep picturing @The Commish's avatar which reads: "Any Functioning Adult 2020" and thinking this can't be what he had in mind.

It's really not amusing anymore though, it's downright sad and somber with Joe. The man is losing his faculties for an entire nation to see. And no one's deterioration should ever unfold in front of 330 million people.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I keep picturing @The Commish's avatar which reads: "Any Functioning Adult 2020" and thinking this can't be what he had in mind.

It's really not amusing anymore though, it's downright sad and somber with Joe. The man is losing his faculties for an entire nation to see. And no one's deterioration should ever unfold in front of 330 million people.

Maybe that is the plan?   Get a VP the party really wants that would never get the nomination and if Biden is unable to function mentally on a day to day capacity the VP could take over.

Just now, Da Guru said:

Maybe that is the plan?   Get a VP the party really wants that would never get the nomination and if Biden is unable to function mentally on a day to day capacity the VP could take over.

At the risk of losing what should be a layup election in November with "any functioning adult" on the top of the ballot?

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

One thing will be for certain come January next year regardless who wins. It will be a full 8 years after next presidential term since we've had a president who can think and act on his own accord, without any "caretakers" working from behind the scenes to make sure things don't go completely off the rails.

Edited by ShamrockPride

7 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Exactly.  Title changed to reflect this now.

6 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

One thing will be for certain come January next year regardless who wins. It will be a full 8 years after next presidential term since we've had a president who can think and act on his own accord, without any "caretakers" working from behind the scenes to make sure things don't go completely off the rails.

The thought of a "shadow government" pulling strings behind the scenes used to be a terrible and infuriating notion.  Now, it's kind of reassuring.  

On 3/28/2020 at 12:27 PM, Mr Anonymous said:

I don't set the bar very high...actually, I've lowered it a ton and I still can't get politicians to meet it.  If Biden were smart, he'd just sit down and shut up and let Trump win it for him.  And I say all this without having watched a second of the town hall and having no clue what you guys are talking about.

On 3/8/2020 at 10:33 AM, Peyton Marino said:

one thing I've noticed is he says 'in fact' a lot.  it's his filler word.  

I agree with you “very strongly “

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2020 at 11:24 AM, Summer Wheat said:

This is why I am so shocked the Dems have seemed to push for Biden over much sharper candidates like Pete and Amy. I am not a Bernie fan either, just don`t want 80 year old candidates. Bloomberg did not have a chance but he did seem sharper than Joe.   I just hope Joe does not have a total meltdown during debates. I guess I will reluctantly vote for Joe but I have deep concerns.

When Joe is telling stories he reminds me of my grandpa.  I have heard every story 50 times and yet every time the story gets a little better and my grandpa actually believes it now.

The problem for Klobuchar and Mayor Pete was they couldn’t appeal to Blacks. I think this is the main reason Democrat “voters” went with Biden. Personally I think Klobuchar would have been a much better candidate 

Edited by lazyike

We will likely have 2 candidates with some mental capacity issues. One was insane enough to believe that we could possibly pack our churches Easter Sunday.

2 hours ago, lazyike said:

The problem for Klobuchar and Mayor Pete was they couldn’t appeal to Blacks. I think this is the main reason Democrat “voters” went with Biden. Personally I think Klobuchar would have been a much better candidate 

I agree, think almost all of the serious candidates, except Bernie would have been better.  But it seems Democrats think Biden will motivate all the people that Obama did in 2008 and 2012 but Hillary didn't in 2016 to actually come out and vote.  It doesn't matter how good a candidate is if you can't motivate people to come out and vote for you.  An Obama coattail rider is the best hope at the moment.     

Eh, confirming this is a no Trump zone right? Introduce Trump attacks and I think you’re inviting Trump comps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lazyike said:

We will likely have 2 candidates with some mental capacity issues. One was insane enough to believe that we could possibly pack our churches Easter Sunday.

No Trump zone here, best to put these type of posts in one of the many Trump threads.  TIA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Eh, confirming this is a no Trump zone right? Introduce Trump attacks and I think you’re inviting Trump comps.

So I thought, but I guess if Trump says it himself about Biden (see above post) that is somehow acceptable. :loco:

Edited by squistion

3 hours ago, ren hoek said:

https://youtu.be/NxVsMEcDuz0

Trump now commenting on Biden's mental decline 

1 hour ago, squistion said:

So I thought, but I guess if Trump says it himself about Biden (see above post) that is somehow acceptable. :loco:

I'll allow it.  The post is about Biden's issues.     That's what this thread is for.     Please stop trying to make this thread into something else.  It's the third time you've tried to derail this thread by not posting about a Biden issue.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Looks like now they have him  reading from notes 

Still trying to figure out the best method of damage control between reading off teleprompter/notes.  

1 hour ago, KiddLattimer said:

And in order to avoid those very high numbers we have to do at least several things, one, we have to depend on what the president's going to do right now.  And first of all, he has to uh, tell uh, wait til the cases before anything happens- look, the whole idea is, he's gotta get in place.. things.. that were... shortages of.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Getzlaf15 said:

I'll allow it.  The post is about Biden's issues.     That's what this thread is for.     Please stop trying to make this thread into something else.  It's the third time you've tried to derail this thread by not posting about a Biden issue.

Talk to ren hoek not me about derailing this thread. I was commenting directly on his posting that you should have a problem with if you are being consistent but you don't. If these quotes by Trump are allowed, any comments on them should also be allowed. 

Edited by squistion

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

Talk to ren hoek not me about derailing this thread. I was commenting directly on his posting that you should have a problem with if you are being consistent but you don't. If these quotes by Trump are allowed, any comments on them should also be allowed. 

Take it elsewhere, troll.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

6 minutes ago, squistion said:

Many politicians, many of then Democrats are posting on Twitter about Biden's issues.    If the main theme is Biden's issues, please post.  Might be a nice break from your posting of other tweets.  You're great at researching tweets, please join us in our efforts so we can get the DNC to nominate a candidate that can actually win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Many politicians, many of then Democrats are posting on Twitter about Biden's issues.    If the main theme is Biden's issues, please post.  Might be a nice break from your posting of other tweets.  You're great at researching tweets, please join us in our efforts so we can get the DNC to nominate a candidate that can actually win. 

It seems like every day more concerning news about Biden.

2 hours ago, ren hoek said:

And in order to avoid those very high numbers we have to do at least several things, one, we have to depend on what the president's going to do right now.  And first of all, he has to uh, tell uh, wait til the cases before anything happens- look, the whole idea is, he's gotta get in place.. things.. that were... shortages of.  

I know Biden is trying to stay relevant here, but for the most part he appears foolish since he can barely string a competent sentence together at this point.    

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Where should I have posted it?  It's Trump talking about Biden's mental deterioration; what some of you like to call, "gaffes".  I thought to myself, 'where is the best place to post this?' and came up with this thread.  

People have been saying for a long time that this would end up being a problem for Joe Biden in a GE scenario with Trump.  Now it's starting and it's interesting to document.  I didn't derail anything- it is 1000% inline with the thread's subject matter.  

That seems different from bringing up Trump to deflect from the actual subject of the thread.  The thread is not titled 'well what about TRUMP'S mental gaffes!', it's about Biden's.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

Where should I have posted it?  It's Trump talking about Biden's mental deterioration; what some of you like to call, "gaffes".  I thought to myself, 'where is the best place to post this?' and came up with this thread.  

People have been saying for a long time that this would end up being a problem for Joe Biden in a GE scenario with Trump.  Now it's starting and it's interesting to document.  I didn't derail anything- it is 1000% inline with the thread's subject matter.  

That seems different from bringing up Trump to deflect from the actual subject of the thread.  The thread is not titled 'well what about TRUMP'S mental gaffes!', it's about Biden's.  

Talk to the OP. It specifically says NO TRUMP POSTS in plain English in the thread title. A Trump tweet or a Trump quote is a Trump post, from any perspective, no matter how you look at it. And if you can post a Trump tweet or quote about Biden and that is acceptable, then logically any comment on that post should also be allowed. 

Edited by squistion

2 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Take it elsewhere, troll.

Very :goodposting:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1