What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michigan State bars packed after school closing announcement (1 Viewer)

I am not sure why this is a story or problem. This is part of the invincibility feeling most kids have in your late teens into your twenties.

I am pretty sure I would have done the same thing if I was in my early 20's still when the only responsibility I had was shut down for a month. I think most the people here would probably have done the same. 

I am not sure why this is a story or problem. This is part of the invincibility feeling most kids have in your late teens into your twenties.

I am pretty sure I would have done the same thing if I was in my early 20's still when the only responsibility I had was shut down for a month. I think most the people here would probably have done the same. 
 This MSU story was on the national news last night so I guess it is a story. Hey at least they did not burn any couches.

I probably would’ve done the same.

doesn’t mean it’s not a problem 

I’ll be curious to see what st Patrick’s day looks like, or Wednesday  when all those bars have 1/2 off night again. I feel like there is a big shift in thinking since last Wednesday. Last week was a perfect storm- everyone back from spring break with some $$, weather was temperate, and there are lines on a typical Wednesday at those bars. 

It was busier than usual, but the link in the OP says “record sales.” Nothing in the article, in fact it says:

“Samantha Bahnweg said that they were busier than on a typical Wednesday. 

"I know that a lot of people are out and about in town right now ... it's been busier during the day than it normally would be on a Wednesday just because students don't have to show up in person in class," Bahnweg said. "As for the rest of the week we'll kind of see."”  

Just take the hyperbole out of it. It doesn’t even say that in the article. 

Just so everyone knows, the bars mentioned (except the fieldhouse) are owned by the same company, and all have 1/2 off Wednesday’s (including FH), and are all within a block from each other. Even without classes being cancelled they were likely going to be busy. 

I don’t know why they would have everyone come back from spring break from wherever they were then immediately cancel classes. Then this. Then they mostly all leave for other parts of the state. I guess we’ll see how it turns out. 

Which is why we could use real clear direction from leadership telling people to stay home to save others. Colleges should have given every kid an ounce of weed and free Netflix, that would get their butts glued to their couches for awhile. 

50% reduced capacity, but we will be open tomorrow. We already took 1/2 the tables out Saturday so we’re ahead of the curve. They should make everyone close st pats even if we can remain open with restrictions the rest of the week

Last edited by a moderator:
This is how the world ends. Buy a bunch of dumb asses thinking of themselves.

I want what I want, and I want it now and I don't care about anything else.

Stopped by a Mcdonalds earlier today (no cases in my greater region) and they had everything sectioned off.  Only 1 person/group per section. Then the adjacent sections had to be empty.  Had a lady going around and disinfecting/wiping the entire time. Kept people very spaced.  Was a solid effort.

My city is shutting down all bars and sit-down restaurants tonight at 8:00 PM. My office is right downtown and what would normally be a festive St. Paddy's day is pretty bleak. I saw only one group of college males all decked out in green and they looked pretty disappointed in their options. 

Users who are viewing this thread