What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 IDP Offseason Thread (1 week to gametime!) (2 Viewers)

Flying Elvis

Footballguy
Catch-all offseason IDP thread. 

A few franchise tags used today. 

Yannick Ngakoue JAX DE

Matt Judon BAL LB

Justin Simmons DEN S

Ngakoue has been rumored to be a tag & trade.

Calais Campbell traded to Baltimore for a 5th. Bad for Campbell as a 3-4 DE. 

I'd wager that makes it far more likely Ngakoue stays and he and Josh Allen see full time DE roles. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dacomish said:
Not sure if FA was your intent here as well but Christian Kirksey signed with the Packers:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106328/article/packers-signing-lb-christian-kirksey-to-16m-contract

Be interesting to see if he can stay healthy and if so can he be the same type of tackling machine that Martinez was. Reunites with his former Browns HC who is DC for Packers as well...
Absolutely. Thanks.

Title changed, and on we can go with FA signings.

Kirksey gets starter money so I'd assume he is a starting ILB next to Martinez. Looking at their roster and I'd guess he has a shot at a 3 down LB role, barring injury. 

^ Nick Kwiatkoski LV Raider - 3 years $21 million $13.5 million in guarantees. LV is a 4/3 so he's ILB and automatically looks like a green dot, 3dLB.

Danny Trevathan CHI Bears - 3 years $21.75 million. I wonder how much insurance is built into that contract with his injury history?

David Mayo stays with NYG on a 3 contract. Liked him but I don't know what happened with him after a decent couple of games.  

^ Nick Kwiatkoski LV Raider - 3 years $21 million $13.5 million in guarantees. LV is a 4/3 so he's ILB and automatically looks like a green dot, 3dLB.

Danny Trevathan CHI Bears - 3 years $21.75 million. I wonder how much insurance is built into that contract with his injury history?

David Mayo stays with NYG on a 3 contract. Liked him but I don't know what happened with him after a decent couple of games.  
i'm not convinced he's the guy there. Connolly was who they first turned to after all. Those 2 games by Connolly - before he was lost for the season - were much more impressive. 

i'm not convinced he's the guy there. Connolly was who they first turned to after all. Those 2 games by Connolly - before he was lost for the season - were much more impressive. 
Agreed. Mayo seems like a situation player and that's not really worthwhile for IDP purposes. Not a bad pre-season carry but also likely the first cut for a higher upside player.

@fruity pebbles posted about DeForest Buckner's trade to IND. Colts gave up their #13 overall pick. Great deal for both sides, I think. SF could use the pick offensively and the Colts lock up a stud DT instead of a dart. 

Agreed. Mayo seems like a situation player and that's not really worthwhile for IDP purposes. Not a bad pre-season carry but also likely the first cut for a higher upside player.
i remember in the offseason how pleased with Connolly the Giants were. they loved his leadership and how he fit the defense. Mayo's contract likely isn't much of a commit. I'm hoping for Connolly to stick and start but with Martinez still on the market....?

I was somehow unaware Martinez was a FA, too. Thanks. 

Javon Hargrave to PHI is great for his IDP value. Dude was a beast and now goes to a 4-3 DT spot. 

Jamie Collins to DET is unsurprising w/Patricia there. He tailed off pretty hard after a blistering start last year and I'm not sure there's any way to trust him as an IDP asset. I couldn't move him when he was hot and doubt this improves my chances.

The Vikings going to the 11th hour before hitting Anthony Harris with the franchise tag. 

Van Noy to MIA feels about as meh as Collins to DET. 

Dolphins signed DE Emmanuel Ogbah, formerly of the Chiefs, to a two-year, $15 million contract.

Interesting moves for MIA. Not sure any of the players they added along the DL have much IDP value as a 3-4. But they've added some talent with Lawson, Ogbah, and VanNoy. How much multiple front did they run last year? 

Bears signed DE Robert Quinn, formerly of the Cowboys, to a five-year, $70 million contract.

Does he go to OLB? Can't see this as a good landing spot for IDP purposes. 

Raiders signed LB Cory Littleton, formerly of the Rams, to a three-year, $36 million contract.

That's a big move, as expected by @BigSteelThrill. Really nice pair of ILBs there with Kwiatkoski & Littleton. Still looks like they will be the 3dLB based on the current roster and price tag on each. Littleton is more likely green dot now, though.

He just happens to be sitting on my main roster. :)

But I'm not convinced they don't still acquire a bigger option.

Kwiatkoski gives them depth at MLB and potentially could start at WLB.  AT 6'2" and 243#, he could be a fine fit.

Wouldn't be surprised if Littleton turns his back to the play in coverage more than Kwiatoski, and thus Nick excels for IDP as an OLB.

Dolphins signed LB Kamu Grugier-Hill, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year contract.

Worth keeping on your radar. MIA revamping their D early in FA.

Jaguars agreed to terms with LB Joe Schobert, formerly of the Browns, on a five-year, $53.75 million contract.

Nicely done, Joe. Nicely done. So Joe & Jack at ILB? Donald Payne owners hearing a weird, flushing sound? No sweat, that just his value swirling down the ####ter. lol

EDIT: Sniped! hahaha... that's what I get for talking to my kids while posting. 

Kwiatkoski gives them depth at MLB and potentially could start at WLB.  AT 6'2" and 243#, he could be a fine fit.

Wouldn't be surprised if Littleton turns his back to the play in coverage more than Kwiatoski, and thus Nick excels for IDP as an OLB.
My mind had LV as a 3-4... not sure why since I've been all over their DEs for a few seasons now. All the wrong ones, anyway [glares at arden key]. So, yes, Kwiat at WLB makes sense and could be solid if he is 3DLB.

Here's what I got thru Tue for #FFIDP. Where am I wrong? Who did I miss?

Kyle Van Noy, OLB - NE to MIA 📉

Shaq Lawson, DE - BUF to MIA 📈

Emmanuel Ogbah, DE - KC to MIA 🤔

Byron Jones, CB - DAL to MIA 📈

Mario Addison, DE - CAR to BUF 💀

Quinton Jefferson, DT to DE - SEA to BUF 😐

Vernon Butler, DT - CAR to BUF 😞

Calais Campbell, DE (to IDL in true position leagues) - JAX to BAL 📉 (OK in true position leagues)

Michael Brockers, DE (already IDL) - LAR to BAL 😐

DJ Reader, DT - HOU to CIN 📈😃

Trae Waynes, CB - MIN to CIN 😐

Joe Schobert, LB - CLE to JAX 😅 (Holds LB1 value for me.)

Darqueze Dennard, CB - CIN to JAX 😐

DeFo Buckner, DT - SF to IND 😐 (I can live with it.)

Carl Nassib, DE - TB to LV 😕 (seems bad, but the money! I worry for Ferrell.)

Maliek Collins, DT - DAL to LV 🤷‍♂️ (but... Rod Marinelli is taking Collins with him. Can't ignore it. Hurt for Hurst.)

Cory Littleton, LB - LAR to LV 😅 (holds value... right?)

Nick Kwiatkoski, LB - CHI to LV 📈 (not 🚀, but at least he's a starter)

Blake Martinez, LB - GB to NYG 📉

Javon Hargrave, NT - PIT to PHI 📈🚀😍💘 (gimme, gimme, gimme!) 

Thomas Davis, LB - LAC to WAS 🙄 (Wouldn't be nice if we could get SOMETHING out of Washington at LB?)

Jamie Collins, OLB - NE to DET 📉

Christian Kirksey, LB - CLE to GB 💀->📈->🌟

Jordan Phillips, DT - BUF to ARI 😬 (interesting, but 3-4 DE risk)

Why? Just why? Eric Murray, S - CLE to HOU; Vic Beasley, DE to OLB - ATL to TEN; James Bradberry, CB - CAR to NYG (Does Gettleman know that Graham wants to run man coverage? smh)

u

Im curious about JAX LB situation now.

I own Jack in a league and by icking up Payne last year managed to win it because of his crazy playoff output. Im sure I read back then that Jack was  a potential exit.

Now with Schobert comign in it seems to be a down tick for all 3 of them. Certainly going to watch this closely in camp and Im hoping for something finite to come out.

tripp said:
Here's what I got thru Tue for #FFIDP. Where am I wrong? Who did I miss?

DJ Reader, DT - HOU to CIN 📈😃

Javon Hargrave, NT - PIT to PHI 📈🚀😍💘 (gimme, gimme, gimme!) 
DJ Reader is definitely a top target on wires for DT required leagues. Another is...

Lions signed DT Danny Shelton, formerly of the Patriots, to a two-year, $8 million contract.

Shelton was very disruptive for NE last season in NE's atrocious-for-FF defensive system (too many packages) but could be a very good player if he can get a more traditional, 70% kind of DT share.

Im curious about JAX LB situation now.

I own Jack in a league and by icking up Payne last year managed to win it because of his crazy playoff output. Im sure I read back then that Jack was  a potential exit.

Now with Schobert comign in it seems to be a down tick for all 3 of them. Certainly going to watch this closely in camp and Im hoping for something finite to come out.
Jack should move to WLB. Payne moves back to the bench.

Cardinals agreed to terms with LB De'Vondre Campbell, formerly of the Falcons, on a one-year contract.

Where the hell does he play?  Opposite Chandler Jones as the ROLB in a 3-4?  Or does Reddick slide there and allow Campbell inside with Hicks?

:stalker:

Calais Campbell traded to Baltimore for a 5th. Bad for Campbell as a 3-4 DE. 

I'd wager that makes it far more likely Ngakoue stays and he and Josh Allen see full time DE roles. 
I'm trying to figure out what to do with my shares of Campbell.   Wasn't he a 3-4 DE in Arizona and still consistently put up top 5-10 numbers?  I don't know the history of Arizona's base defenses.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my shares of Campbell.   Wasn't he a 3-4 DE in Arizona and still consistently put up top 5-10 numbers?  I don't know the history of Arizona's base defenses.
Top of my head... yes, it was 3-4. Cards have been 3-4 for a while with the exception of the one year Wilks? was there and went 4-3. As to what you should do with your shares... IDK. I can't imagine he's going to fetch much at his age. Seems like a guy you ride out at this point b/c the value to your starting lineup is likely higher than the random dart you may get.

Top of my head... yes, it was 3-4. Cards have been 3-4 for a while with the exception of the one year Wilks? was there and went 4-3. As to what you should do with your shares... IDK. I can't imagine he's going to fetch much at his age. Seems like a guy you ride out at this point b/c the value to your starting lineup is likely higher than the random dart you may get.
Good point.  I’m definitely not getting much for Campbell.  

Cowboys agreed to terms with S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, formerly of the Bears. 1 year @ $4M. Definitely love the landing spot for him. (Heath signed with LV)

Cowboys agreed to terms with S Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, formerly of the Bears. 1 year @ $4M. Definitely love the landing spot for him. (Heath signed with LV)
i think he's more of a FS than SS but it's Dallas. He has some cover skills and can help their secondary. he's not going to get many opportunities with Jaylon and LVE holding the fort in front of him.

More of a specific question but maybe it relates to FA/draft - who do we see as best producing LB for Chiefs next season?

-Same question for Rams.

A few thoughts: Rams and Chiefs are definitely drafting ILBs. They can't afford to sign anyone. Ram Micah Kiser is a deep stash.

Calais Campbell: I can't remember the last time the Ravens had am IDP-relevant DE. That said, they won't just have him fatten up and two-gap. As a general rule, I don't try to trade anyone 29+ years old at this time of year. Gotta wait 'til late October if you can't use him. 

De'Vondre Campbell: He slots in next to Hicks. Cards gave up on the ILB Reddick experiment late last year. Reddick will back up Chandler Jones on the weakside edge, where he played at Temple. Kennard strongside. I'm not worried that Campbell will cut into Hicks. I don't think Campbell's very good, which makes me sad. Such a great background story. Crazy idea: What if DC Vance Joseph took a page from Belichick's playbook and used Campbell and Reddick interchangeably on the field? Useless for IDP but fascinating to watch. (If you're sick like me. 😀)

I'm not excited about any of the safety landing spots. After Eric Reid got cut, I have a funny feeling (as a Panthers fan) that the pick at 7 is Isaiah Simmons. I think he could get a 'S' tag and rival Jamal Adams as the most valuable DB in fantasy. (It's the sickness.)

A couple of DEs that I missed earlier this week. Both could have been interesting but going to 3-4 torpedoes both, right?

Broncos acquired DT Jurrell Casey from the Titans in exchange for a 2020 seventh-round pick. - I'd think he stays as DE but is over the hill and in a bad system for DE scoring. 

Bears signed DE Robert Quinn, formerly of the Cowboys, to a five-year, $70 million contract. - OLB, presumably? Big play league only, drop everywhere else, I'd think.

tripp said:
A few thoughts: Rams and Chiefs are definitely drafting ILBs. They can't afford to sign anyone. Ram Micah Kiser is a deep stash.. 

De'Vondre Campbell: He slots in next to Hicks. Cards gave up on the ILB Reddick experiment late last year. Reddick will back up Chandler Jones on the weakside edge, where he played at Temple. Kennard strongside. I'm not worried that Campbell will cut into Hicks. I don't think Campbell's very good, which makes me sad. Such a great background story. Crazy idea: What if DC Vance Joseph took a page from Belichick's playbook and used Campbell and Reddick interchangeably on the field? Useless for IDP but fascinating to watch. (If you're sick like me. 😀)
i thought Campbell would be a lot better in ATL than he was. hard to judge given the rash of injuries that seem to plague the team. it creates weird rotations and matchups. he's still young at only 26 and athletic as hell. i think he's one to monitor with this change of scenery.

A few thoughts: Rams and Chiefs are definitely drafting ILBs. They can't afford to sign anyone. Ram Micah Kiser is a deep stash.

Calais Campbell: I can't remember the last time the Ravens had am IDP-relevant DE. That said, they won't just have him fatten up and two-gap. As a general rule, I don't try to trade anyone 29+ years old at this time of year. Gotta wait 'til late October if you can't use him. 

I'm not excited about any of the safety landing spots. After Eric Reid got cut, I have a funny feeling (as a Panthers fan) that the pick at 7 is Isaiah Simmons. I think he could get a 'S' tag and rival Jamal Adams as the most valuable DB in fantasy. (It's the sickness.)
Didnt Chandler spend most of his time on the left last year?

deep bench dynasty, but I'm still a Kenny Young truther.  This spot has been extremely fruitful for me going back to Ogletree and then Littleton.  Agreed that whoever emerges, even with their rapidly depleting D-line, will continue to be starter quality.

deep bench dynasty, but I'm still a Kenny Young truther.  This spot has been extremely fruitful for me going back to Ogletree and then Littleton.  Agreed that whoever emerges, even with their rapidly depleting D-line, will continue to be starter quality.
100% agree. i suspect they'll try to address something via the draft but i'm not sure what their situation with picks.

Users who are viewing this thread