Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Flying Elvis

2020 IDP Offseason Thread (Post Draft)

4 hours ago, BigSteelThrill said:

Didnt Chandler spend most of his time on the left last year?

Roughly even split between right and left. He played strong side so Suggs could play week side. When Suggs was cut, Jones moved weak side, and Reddick platooned with the immortal Cassius Marsh on the strong side. Laughably big hole there, hence Devon kennard.

• Thanks 1

Hey everyone! 

I'm just getting into IDP this year and I was wondering the best way to get league specific scoring/ projections so I can great a pre-draft cheat sheet? 

Any help greatly appreciated! 

On 4/19/2020 at 12:43 PM, Bhart4144 said:

Hey everyone! 

I'm just getting into IDP this year and I was wondering the best way to get league specific scoring/ projections so I can great a pre-draft cheat sheet? 

The first step is always the league history. I know MFL has the league scoring system build in a way that lets you look at a few years even in newer leagues. Projections are there, too, filtering in from FSharks. There are pay sites that let you enter your rosters, which is a nice feature but not one I pay for. I actually forked over $10 in Draftkings to get a "free" DLF membership a week ago and am already glad I didn't fork over a full membership. MyFBG (especially 10 second primer) was awesome when I used it that one year... nice way to load in your rosters and see all teams in one place. 

Welcome! 

Rams took Burgess last night. 

We now have an issue at Safety with Johnson, Rapp, and Burgess. Someone will be the odd man out. 

On 4/19/2020 at 12:43 PM, Bhart4144 said:

Hey everyone! 

Big offseason hole on the innerwebs.  You can find some rankings, but projections are hard to find.  There’s another thread in here called Offseason Dynasty Rankings where people post links to rankings they find.  In the next couple of weeks, projections will probably pop up.

I’m working on a rookie draft list.

I have Young, Queen, and Murray at 19-21, Brooks and Gay at 26-27, then Chaisson, Gross-Matos, Wilson, Epenesa, Harrison, and Muse at 39-44.  44 is the cliff for me at this point.

I understand that many will have Young around 12, I just can’t take him over my top 18 offensive players.

• Like 2

I like the way you're thinking, Tick. I'm just starting to think about my ranks. I think I'll have Young at #21. That's not an indictment on him or the class; I just can't pass up the depth and upside of the WRs.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

FYI on Jonathan Allen, DE WAS - latest blurb has him potentially playing as DT in the new 4-3 scheme. Thoughts on this? He is listed as DT on FSharks already, which seems like a clear case for him being re-designated on MFL.

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=11900

That's why I wasn't worried about 2020 Montez Sweat. I'm sure he'll play some outside since Rivera runs multiple fronts, but I expect his % inside to exceed out.

• Like 1

Patriots extended Pat Chung. 2 extra years, and Likely not great news for Dugger's playing time early in his career. Convoluted BB schemes / packages generally prevent me from even rostering NE IDPs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After 2 straight years of giving snaps to anyone with a warm body, the Bengals defense sure got crowded fast this offseason.

There are a couple routes they could go as their base defense or they could just be all over the place and cost a bunch of guys snaps.

Shawn Williams has put up good numbers and been a solid starter, but he's definitely worse than Jesse Bates and Von Bell just got paid decent money to sign.  They could go big nickel and try to play all 3 a bunch of snaps.  Alexander was signed specifically to be a nickel/slot corner.  In the past, the Bengals have prioritized this position and at times used their best corner there and played a ton.  I expect it to be very rare they use 3 LBs and Pratt was sniffing an every down role at the end of last season.  That would probably leave Bynes on run downs and Wilson on pass downs until its at least obvious Wilson is the better player than one of Pratt/Bynes on first down.

For fantasy, this might all be a mess, but the upside for Wilson's tackles is high if he can get on the field.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cheese said:

After 2 straight years of giving snaps to anyone with a warm body, the Bengals defense sure got crowded fast this offseason.

There are a couple routes they could go as their base defense or they could just be all over the place and cost a bunch of guys snaps.

Shawn Williams has put up good numbers and been a solid starter, but he's definitely worse than Jesse Bates and Von Bell just got paid decent money to sign.  They could go big nickel and try to play all 3 a bunch of snaps.  Alexander was signed specifically to be a nickel/slot corner.  In the past, the Bengals have prioritized this position and at times used their best corner there and played a ton.  I expect it to be very rare they use 3 LBs and Pratt was sniffing an every down role at the end of last season.  That would probably leave Bynes on run downs and Wilson on pass downs until its at least obvious Wilson is the better player than one of Pratt/Bynes on first down.

For fantasy, this might all be a mess, but the upside for Wilson's tackles is high if he can get on the field.

Good summary, but I think the Bengals have made it clear where they want to be sometime between the back half of 2020 and the beginning of 2021 - Wilson, Vonn, and Pratt are the guys (in that order). 

4 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Good summary, but I think the Bengals have made it clear where they want to be sometime between the back half of 2020 and the beginning of 2021 - Wilson, Vonn, and Pratt are the guys (in that order). 

If that is right (and we're mostly on the same page), Shawn Williams has a big problem.  He's currently being ranked the #13 idp safety here on fbg. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, cheese said:

If that is right (and we're mostly on the same page), Shawn Williams has a big problem.  He's currently being ranked the #13 idp safety here on fbg. 

Williams is ranked 5th among safeties on Fsharks (Bell @ 23 and Bates @ 28) and 14 on DLF (Bell @ 11 and Bates @ 31) which seems very odd considering ARZ is the only team I've ever seen finish a season with 3 S ranked that highly for one team in a season. That lasted 1 season while the Cards LB situation was terrible. Sure, the game is changing, but I see (and read about) Williams being the odd man out. From what I could glean, Williams benefited from work as a LB last year so maybe he can still produce if he's a nickle/dime LB. 

Seems like a situation where the incumbents get the nod early with the lack of off/pre season work due to covid. Still, I'm getting rid of Williams fast where possible and even dropped him in a league where I picked up an orphan and traded/purged older players. He was picked up right away... guess I missed that trade opportunity.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

He was picked up right away... guess I missed that trade opportunity.

Eh probably not, one of those I'll scoop him off waivers but not trade for him plays.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dezbelief said:

Eh probably not, one of those I'll scoop him off waivers but not trade for him plays.

X2

On 3/16/2020 at 11:01 AM, Dacomish said:

Not sure if FA was your intent here as well but Christian Kirksey signed with the Packers:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106328/article/packers-signing-lb-christian-kirksey-to-16m-contract

Be interesting to see if he can stay healthy and if so can he be the same type of tackling machine that Martinez was. Reunites with his former Browns HC who is DC for Packers as well...

Just saw this article about a backup LB in GB realizing they lost Martinez and wondering who was slotted to replace him then remembered it was Kirksey who is simply not durable.  Have to watch those backups who could suddenly find themselves being thrust into a starting role once Christian goes down and I don't want to jinx Kirksey but he seems to always get injured so file this guy's name away.

Packers linebacker Ty Summers' full offseason has him ready to compete

• Like 1

I have both,, but I think Burks is next man up. He played a limited role last year despite a torn pec. 

• Like 1