What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

10 MORE YEARS!!! AGREEMENT APPROVED (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
@TomPelissero

NFL players voted YES on the new collective bargaining agreement, per source.

Last edited by a moderator:
@RapSheet

The final vote: 1019 YES against 959 NO. So, very close, but a new CBA is passed and agreed to.

@RapSheet

What does a new CBA mean? One franchise or transition tag for teams going forward. $700M extra dollars in all for 2020 — including a $100K increase in minimums. And labor peace.

All I've got to say is: Get ready for more injuries and more careers shortened than ever before!  I thought for sure this was going to fail!  I guess you can also get ready to add more teams to the league as well now that there's a 17-game schedule in place.

serious question - did the current state of affairs play a hand in this at all?  I know the voting went out before things really got crazy but just thinking of the optics of the players turning down this deal during current times optic wise.....

also how does this play into current free agency?  I thought i read more $ to spend and may help in cutting players?

regardless happy to have peace in my favorite sport for another decade!  

Like I said from the very beginning, the players would cave in exchange for a change in the discipline process, marijuana, and working less.

Like I said from the very beginning, the players would cave in exchange for a change in the discipline process, marijuana, and working less.
im sure the extra $ helped but Owners always win these negotiations....the leak on the 18 game season just as the players were voting was brilliance....

All I've got to say is: Get ready for more injuries and more careers shortened than ever before!  I thought for sure this was going to fail!  I guess you can also get ready to add more teams to the league as well now that there's a 17-game schedule in place.
Was hoping owners would hold out for an 18 game schedule but I guess one extra game is better than none.

I've already been doing it, but everyone should now get on board with throwing out career stats and single season stats as measures of how good a player is. I fully expect all single season counting stats, except for INT's, and rushing yards, to be broken in the next 2-3 years. 

The NFL Management Council just informed team officials the salary cap will be $198.2 million per club in 2020, per sources.

I've already been doing it, but everyone should now get on board with throwing out career stats and single season stats as measures of how good a player is. I fully expect all single season counting stats, except for INT's, and rushing yards, to be broken in the next 2-3 years. 
They still won't be able to touch Jerry Rice's record of 22895 receiving yards or 197 receiving TDs. 

Can't get suspended anymore for weed, guessing just fines and that's only a 2 week window now.  Light em up!

Interesting article here and one of the most interesting things to me is that around 500 players chose not to even vote. Crazy!!

Link

Wow, that was a close vote, if only 1 player on each team would have voted no instead of yes, if wouldn’t have passed. 

I do like the 7 playoff team idea. Really puts an emphasis on getting that #1 seed.
I hate it.  Gives it too much value. Just such a huge advantage.  So if 1 plays 2 in the championship they will have played one less game, have an extra week of rest and home field.  

Would be interested to see some kind of breakdown between starters and bench guys. Probably not possible to get that but something like 17 games doesn't really matter much if you're only playing a handful of plays a game, whereas if you're a starting player that's obviously a big deal.

I hate it.  Gives it too much value. Just such a huge advantage.  So if 1 plays 2 in the championship they will have played one less game, have an extra week of rest and home field.  
Yeah, it's stupid.  Here we go being like basketball and hockey where half the teams make the playoffs.  Great product! :rolleyes:

Would be interested to see some kind of breakdown between starters and bench guys. Probably not possible to get that but something like 17 games doesn't really matter much if you're only playing a handful of plays a game, whereas if you're a starting player that's obviously a big deal.
Which is probably why it passed. Bottom of the roster guy vote counts the same as Mr. Superstar.

Users who are viewing this thread