Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Andy Dufresne

Shark Pool collective mock draft - complete. And any one of us are better than Ryan Pace!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

3.95 - Denver - Jonathan Greenard - DE Florida

Great value here. Can't believe he dropped this far. We were holding our breath and praying. We got a steal.

Actually...that's all true.

 

CJ Henderson

Jalen Reagor

Ezra Cleveland

Jon Greenard

Decent haul so far.

Can you draft for Green Bay in the next mock?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2020 at 10:24 AM, travdogg said:

This draft still has a number of borderline 1st round guys available in my opinion. With the 76th pick Tampa Bay selects

Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State

Was seemingly a 1st round lock, up until a 4.6 40 at the combine. I think that matters less for him than most as he's 6-2, and his length is probably worth a tenth of a second. Dantzler has excellent instincts, and held his own against both Alabama(Ruggs) and LSU(Chase). If he can add 15 pounds or so, without losing speed, he could be the best CB in the class, other than Okudah, who is pretty elite. Dantzler is good at both man and zone, and simply doesn't get beat, which is why the 4.6 was a surprise. 

Bottom line, if he ran a 4.4, and was 200 pounds instead of 185, he's probably going top-10. I think the weight can be added, and the 4.6 is overrated. He's a guy who should have gone between 30-40 in my opinion, and we're thrilled to get him here, adding to a budding young CB group with Carlton Davis, Jamel Dean and Sean Murphy-Bunting.

So lions at 3?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Slapdash said:

Doubt it would be more than the early 2nd, but this is a better idea probably.

Not sure what you mean.  A move up to #2 will certainly cost them more than just a 2nd round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

@Soulfly3 for Cleveland

can anyone make the pick for me, i havent been following and am dealing w a serious work related issue.

thanks and sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Malik Harrison gone?

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

can anyone make the pick for me, i havent been following and am dealing w a serious work related issue.

thanks and sorry

Is Josh Gordon draft eligible?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, daveR said:

Is Malik Harrison gone?

 

Good choice!

3.97 - Cleveland - Malik Harrison LB tOSU

@ZWK up for New England 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks guys... sorry didnt wanna leave ya'll hanging but didnt have time to look who was/wasnt taken.

LB an obvious need. approved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

98. New England* - Darrell Taylor EDGE Tennessee

The Patriots look to move on from Van Noy by bringing in some strength on the edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100. New England* - Logan Wilson LB Wyoming

The Patriots add another player to restock their LB/EDGE defense. Wilson is a big, physical presence in the middle of the defense, better against the run & as a blitzer than he is in coverage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 101st pick, Seattle selects:

Geno Stone S Iowa

Has outstanding instincts and quickness. Is a an ideal zone coverage Safety. Ran a below average 40, and isn't the best tackler, but coverage skills are more than enough to be worth a 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2020 at 4:18 PM, rockaction said:

Ah, then that's a big no. This guy's name is short and to the point.  And he went to Carolina at 69, anwyay. I thought maybe he was tumbling. Kyle Dugger. He's a little higher than 69 on PFF's big board, but we've got him covered, apparently. 

Oh lol yeah he was already gone.

The way things look right now, the Vikings might keep Anthony Harris. That would be my plan since I couldn't get fair value in trade.

I was hoping Tyler Johnson would fall to pick 89. I didnt trade up high enough.

My hope was to get Erwards or Johnson with pick 89 but neither fell that far. Johnson almost did.

ZWK knows a lot of things. I should have realized he might take him in hindsight. 

The Patriots already took WR though, so I did think they might he looking at a different position than WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ZWK said:

100. New England* - Logan Wilson LB Wyoming

The Patriots add another player to restock their LB/EDGE defense. Wilson is a big, physical presence in the middle of the defense, better against the run & as a blitzer than he is in coverage.

Tackling machine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad I had some time to watch the WR I was considering since I couldn't take the easy lay up with Tyler Johnson.

I hate to draft a guy who is currently injured and needs every rep the Vikings can get him asap. But of all the guys I watched, some of whom have been taken since then, at least he knows how to route. I can't say that about the other guys I was considering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3.102 Pittsburgh Steelers select Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

Trautman is a developmental player who will have a year to be TE3 behind Vance and Ebron. Likely at least one of them is off the roster in 2021, possibly both. Team is in win now mode but this player made to much sense for long term future at the position.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Andy Dufresne said:

Done. I thought I'd been abandoned. :stalker: :tumbleweed:

Thanks and no, just got wrapped up with something else.

 

@JetMaxx  is still up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys I’m checking out, I’m at the end of my research and my work is still going. As always thanks for the fun exercise 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

Guys I’m checking out, I’m at the end of my research and my work is still going. As always thanks for the fun exercise 

No prob. I'll take it from here.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, menobrown said:

3.102 Pittsburgh Steelers select Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton

Trautman is a developmental player who will have a year to be TE3 behind Vance and Ebron. Likely at least one of them is off the roster in 2021, possibly both. Team is in win now mode but this player made to much sense for long term future at the position.

:thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

104. L.A. Rams* - Matt Hennessy C Temple

Every Rams offensive lineman was below average last year, except for the 38-year-old, and that badly hampered their offense. They could use above average starters at any position on the line, and at this point in the draft the centers give them the best shot at that. Lack of positional flexibility is a bit of a downside, since C Brian Allen is just midway through his rookie contract and could still develop, but that's not enough to scare them off.

@Biabreakable for Minnesota

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston with the 105 selects Darnay Holmes, UCLA - CB

He's undersized, so a slot cornerback likely.

And I'm out after this...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is a Round 4 I will have to drop out - I would be strictly looking at an on-line mock anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The LA Rams walk away with:

(52 traded for 77 & 83)
77 RB Zack Moss
83 OT Ben Bartch
84 EDGE Alton Robinson
104 C Matt Hennessy

Not a great haul, but that's what happens when your first pick is #52. The Rams have plenty of needs including LB and CB, but the biggest is rebuilding the offense to provide Goff some support. Goff isn't good enough to pick apart a defense, but McVay has had some success scheming in his favor when they had enough surrounding talent. That made offensive line and RB the priority when the talent at the top of the draft board was close, and that's where 3 of their 4 picks went.

In hindsight, the Alton Robinson pick was a bit of a reach. Would've been better off taking LB Malik Harrison, who is a better prospect and fits a bigger need. I was reading something about Robinson by someone who is high on him right before the pick and I was swayed too much by that.

Not sure if the trade down was the best move. I liked the move at the time because we were short on picks and the best players available didn't line up that well with their needs. At 52 I probably would've gone D line because that's where the talent was - someone like Weaver, Okwara, or Madubuike. Then I would've ended up with probably either Moss or Bartch at 84.

DB Terrell Burgess and LB Jordyn Brooks are at the top of their draft board waiting on pick 126.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Atlanta Falcons' haul:

(16 traded for 27, 64, 162)
27 CB Jaylon Johnson
47 S Ashtyn Davis
64 EDGE Julian Okwara
78 LB Troy Dye

The Falcons' biggest need is the defense. More specifically, the pass defense. They improved down the stretch once Raheem Morris took over compared to their awfulness during the first half of the season, but if they want to build on that improvement then they could use some more talent. They're thinnest at CB, but really every position group on that defense could use some help. Coverage at CB, LB, and S, pass rush at EDGE and DT.

I didn't just remove offensive players from the draft board, though, and also had my eyes on some guys at G, RB, and WR. Last year's Falcons' offense was disappointingly middle-of-the-pack despite some high-end talents at receiver & QB. Some of that was a shaky offensive line in transition, which had a couple of rookie first rounders who could improve with time. Some of it was a RB in decline. And I think some of it was the playcalling, with too many slow developing plays. A guard could help shore up that offensive line, a RB could help in case they've just switched to another RB in decline, and a YAC playmaker type WR like Shenault or Aiyuk could help them add more quick throws and misdirection plays to this offense.

But I liked the defensive options at every pick, so I wound up with 4 defensive players. Nearly pulled the trigger on Aiyuk at 47, though, they're likely to use at least one of their 4th rounders on the offensive side of the ball - maybe a lineman or a weapon like Devin Duvernay or Antonio Gibson in rd 4, or an offensive lineman. There's a lot of upside in their defensive picks, though. I have visions of a sticky cover corner in Johnson, their Earl Thomas in the deep middle, what they hoped Beasley would be on the edge, or a Panther-esque pair of cover LBs in Dye & Deion Jones. Not the most likely outcomes, but it would be pretty sweet if any one of them panned out.

Not sure if the trade-down was the right move. I really liked getting Okwara at 64, but Johnson felt like a slight reach at 27 and ATL might've been better off just taking Kinlaw at 16.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The New England Patriots' draft:

(traded away LG Joe Thuney & 2021 5th for QB Andy Dalton & pick 65)
23 WR Tee Higgins
65 QB Jake Fromm
87 WR Tyler Johnson
98 EDGE Darrell Taylor
100 ILB Logan Wilson

The Patriots have a lot of work to do this offseason. They lost Brady, their receiving corps leaves a lot to be desired, their front 7 lost LB Jamie Collins, EDGE Kyle Van Noy, and LB Elandon Roberts, their O line lost G/C Ted Karras & it's unclear if C David Andrews will be able to play this year, they're up against the salary cap this year, and many of their better players are old and/or in the last year of their contract including franchise tagged LG Joe Thuney and 34-year-old WR Julian Edelman.

QB has to be a focus of any team's plan, so let's start there. If you don't have a good QB, the main options, roughly, are to go big (with an early draft pick or a big trade or FA contract), to take a bunch of shots (at not-too-costly guys who have a chance to be the guy), or to be patient (and have a bad QB for some years until you get a chance to go big). The Patriots don't the resources to go big, and they are too competitive to just be patient, so I wanted to take some shots. Multiple shots, since none of them have great odds of panning out. If none do then NE will be forced to be patient.

So my first move was the Thuney trade, which wound up yielding two shots at QB in Dalton and Fromm. Moving on from his franchise tag contract opened up some cap room for Dalton, and given the team's situation for this year it didn't make much sense to pay to keep Thuney around for just one season - NE should either trade him or sign him long term. Trade was the only option allowed in this mock, so I went with it. I was able to get an early enough pick in return so that I'd likely have a shot at either Hurts or Fromm, the two day 2 QBs who have the most promise in my eyes. Fromm was the only one left when that pick came up, which gives New England Stidham, Dalton, and Fromm as their 3 shots at QB. All three have the virtue of fitting into something close to the scheme that the Patriots were running with Brady, which is convenient especially when you don't know which one will be your guy. Belichick, McDaniels, and co. would've been up for trying to build an offense around Hurts, but this makes things easier.

Building a receiving corps was the next biggest priority, since the impact of the lack of receivers was very apparent with Brady last year and will make things even worse as the Patriots try to sort out their QB situation. In a real life it would be nice to trade down from 23 given the depth of this WR class, but I wanted to keep things moving so I just took a WR there. The Patriots seem to prefer to save resources by getting a relatively cheap high-volume shifty WR in the slot, while sometimes using more premium resources on receivers who can threaten the defense more down the field, so I chose to spend this premium pick on Higgins over Shenault (on the whole I think they're both in the same tier as each other, as well as the top players who were left at 23 at other positions). Harry might be a similar player, but I have my doubts about him and if they both pan out I wouldn't mind having two. By pick 87, getting another WR was a less pressing need (but still something that the offensive could definitely benefit from) and Tyler Johnson was a great value as one of the most productive WRs in college football over the past 2 years so I doubled up at WR. That gives the Patriots future QB Higgins, Harry, Johnson, and maybe some of the other guys on their roster like Edelman, Sanu, or Meyers.

This left a couple compensatory picks at the end of the 3rd to address other positions. I strongly considered O line there, might have taken a center there if I had more inside info on Andrews's health or if Hennessy or Biadasz offered more positional flexibility, and maybe should've just gone with LG Jonah Jackson. Also considered TE, but not that thrilled with any of the players. Ended up using both picks on the front 7 to acquire a bull rusher and a tackling machine. One more shot to add a potential starter in rd 4, then no picks till rd 6 where NE has 7 picks to use on dart throws and special teamers (maybe PK Rodrigo Blankenship if he falls to 195, or close enough to be worth trading up for).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Miami Dolphins draft is an interesting exercise is the merits of not trading the farm for Tua and actually making the selections that they’ve worked hard to accrue. 
Jedrick Mills

Jordan Love

Grant Delpit

Laviska Shenault

Clyde Edwards Helaire

Netane Muti

That’s a franchise changing haul even without factoring in Love being groomed into a franchise QB. IMO there are 5 Pro Bowl caliber talents and a possible franchise QB selected in the first 70 picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns

A plug n play LT (we think) to bookend with Conklin at RT

S because the cupboard is somewhat bare

WR because next year we're gonna make sal-cap moves

LB because we're counting on a couple 2019 picks to take the place of veterans we lost & we're luke warm on those guys

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JetMaxx said:

The Miami Dolphins draft is an interesting exercise is the merits of not trading the farm for Tua and actually making the selections that they’ve worked hard to accrue. 
Jedrick Mills

Jordan Love

Grant Delpit

Laviska Shenault

Clyde Edwards Helaire

Netane Muti

That’s a franchise changing haul even without factoring in Love being groomed into a franchise QB. IMO there are 5 Pro Bowl caliber talents and a possible franchise QB selected in the first 70 picks. 

Unfortunately with Washington trading for Allen as a backup qb the idea of them drafting Tua is out the window I think. I think the trade is basically made already. Still will get a haul.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ZWK said:

The Atlanta Falcons' haul:

(16 traded for 27, 64, 162)
27 CB Jaylon Johnson
47 S Ashtyn Davis
64 EDGE Julian Okwara
78 LB Troy Dye

The Falcons' biggest need is the defense. More specifically, the pass defense. They improved down the stretch once Raheem Morris took over compared to their awfulness during the first half of the season, but if they want to build on that improvement then they could use some more talent. They're thinnest at CB, but really every position group on that defense could use some help. Coverage at CB, LB, and S, pass rush at EDGE and DT.

I didn't just remove offensive players from the draft board, though, and also had my eyes on some guys at G, RB, and WR. Last year's Falcons' offense was disappointingly middle-of-the-pack despite some high-end talents at receiver & QB. Some of that was a shaky offensive line in transition, which had a couple of rookie first rounders who could improve with time. Some of it was a RB in decline. And I think some of it was the playcalling, with too many slow developing plays. A guard could help shore up that offensive line, a RB could help in case they've just switched to another RB in decline, and a YAC playmaker type WR like Shenault or Aiyuk could help them add more quick throws and misdirection plays to this offense.

But I liked the defensive options at every pick, so I wound up with 4 defensive players. Nearly pulled the trigger on Aiyuk at 47, though, they're likely to use at least one of their 4th rounders on the offensive side of the ball - maybe a lineman or a weapon like Devin Duvernay or Antonio Gibson in rd 4, or an offensive lineman. There's a lot of upside in their defensive picks, though. I have visions of a sticky cover corner in Johnson, their Earl Thomas in the deep middle, what they hoped Beasley would be on the edge, or a Panther-esque pair of cover LBs in Dye & Deion Jones. Not the most likely outcomes, but it would be pretty sweet if any one of them panned out.

Not sure if the trade-down was the right move. I really liked getting Okwara at 64, but Johnson felt like a slight reach at 27 and ATL might've been better off just taking Kinlaw at 16.

If I'd stayed at 27 and 64, I was taking Shenault and Okwara. So, ultimately I kinda felt that was a sideways trade for both teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Unfortunately with Washington trading for Allen as a backup qb the idea of them drafting Tua is out the window I think. I think the trade is basically made already. Still will get a haul.

I think its just as(maybe more) likely to be the Chargers trading up than Miami. Everything the Chargers have done this off season, seems to suggest that they still view themselves as contenders, they were just ready to be done with Rivers. I find it interesting that they traded for a RG, and signed a RT. Perhaps building to having a left handed QB?

There was a report that there was a team(that wasn't named) that thought Herbert was the best QB in this draft(and last year's too) that may draft a QB. For some reason, I can't help but think that is Miami.

I wouldn't rule out Jacksonville either with 2 top-20 picks. Minshew had a solid rookie year, but he's also a 6th round pick, who tailed off heavily late, and whom they have very little investment in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ravens

28  Baltimore Ravens    - Patrick Queen - LB - LSU

55  Baltimore Ravens - Shane Lemieux - G - Oregon

60  Baltimore Ravens - Terrell Lewis - Edge - Alabama

92  Baltimore - Donovan Peoples-Jones - WR - Michigan

106 Baltimore* - Jason Strowbridge - DE - UNC

 

Did my best with this.  As far as I could tell, biggest needs were a playmaking ILB, interior OL, Edge rushing and WR.  I was glad to see Queen fall and I thought that Lemieux was a pretty good choice to help bolster that line and should be a really versatile player to help them do what they wanted.

I wasn't as thrilled with Lewis and Peoples-Jones.  Maybe should have just gone with a WR at 60, but wasn't in love with any of the receivers at that point and thought Lewis's upside was more valuable.  

I thought that Strowbridge was just the most intriguing mix of safety and possible upside. 

CB might be a place that I should have considered with the last 3 picks, given that Jimmy Smith was only signed for 1 year.  Also wouldn't have minded getting an RB, but just had a hard time seeing the value through the 2nd round and then anyone I would have really considered was gone by pick 92.

Edited by Long Ball Larry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2020 at 9:02 AM, Andy Dufresne said:

I wonder if @Hairy Snowman would mind if I made this Saints pick. I have a petty good one queued up.

Hope you picked well!   I was away.

Edit to add:  I like the pick at CB.  Had there not been a run before the first pick, I would have gone CB.  They had need at both positions.  

Edited by Hairy Snowman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In another thread, someone suggested the Bengals add Jameis (or Cam) and then take Young #1.  Food for thought!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, daveR said:

In another thread, someone suggested the Bengals add Jameis (or Cam) and then take Young #1.  Food for thought!

Honestly, they'd be better off just keeping Dalton and going for Lawrence or fields next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.