What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool collective mock draft - complete. And any one of us are better than Ryan Pace! (1 Viewer)

1. 7 Carolina Panthers- CB Jeffrey Okudah OSU 

This was a tough decision between a DT, LT and this pick. I know they just resigned Bradberry but in a division with Evans/Godwin, Michael Thomas and Julio/Ridley, it’s probably a good idea to have 2 strong CBs and ultimately, I think he’s the best player on the board.

ETA: I am dumb as stated below, Bradberry left

Last edited by a moderator:
1. 7 Carolina Panthers- CB Jeffrey Okudah OSU 

This was a tough decision between a DT, LT and this pick. I know they just resigned Bradberry but in a division with Evans/Godwin, Michael Thomas and Julio/Ridley, it’s probably a good idea to have 2 strong CBs and ultimately, I think he’s the best player on the board.
Bradberry signed with the Giants. So CB is actually a huge need. Actually, I think Bradberry is crazy overrated, so it was probably a need regardless. 

Bradberry signed with the Giants. So CB is actually a huge need. Actually, I think Bradberry is crazy overrated, so it was probably a need regardless. 
I thought I saw he resigned on Twitter. I was probably stoned. Thanks for informing me and I’m glad it makes my pick make even more sense.

1.8 - Cardinals - Derrick Brown DT Auburn

Was hoping Okuda would last one more pick. And I almost think they could take one of Jeudy/Lamb...wouldn't that be fun?

They sewed up Humphries at LT so line isn't as big of a priority as people think. I had Wirfs typed in at first but I think this greatly improves a defense that really needs it.

Signing Jordan Philips was terrific and adding Brown along side makes this a sudden strength.

@Streetduck is up!

1.9 - Jaguars - CeeDee Lamb WR OK

The 3 defensive players I wanted were all gone, let's get some offensive help.

1.10 - Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

Our HoF former LT thinks he's the best natural fit at LT for the Browns, and Im not here to disagree. 

LET'S GO. 

@Dr. Octopus

At 1 .12 The Las Vegas Raiders select Jerry Jeudy WR, Alabama

The best route-runner in this draft class, Jeudy would be perfect for Jon Gruden’s offense, and he would stand atop the depth chart above Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow.  

Expected that to be the replacement for Buckner since SF only drafts DL
From what I have read about it the 49ers traded Buckner so as to fit all of their linemen into their long term budget. Armstead was a bit cheaper for them to keep and they could get more for Buckner

So with this in mind it seems unlikely they would exchange a high value defensive linemen for another one, but maybe that would be a good move too, it lets them delay the price tag with the new guy for a bit longer and keep the deeply talented rotation going.

From what I have read about it the 49ers traded Buckner so as to fit all of their linemen into their long term budget. Armstead was a bit cheaper for them to keep and they could get more for Buckner

So with this in mind it seems unlikely they would exchange a high value defensive linemen for another one, but maybe that would be a good move too, it lets them delay the price tag with the new guy for a bit longer and keep the deeply talented rotation going.
Just seemed like a quick way to replace the guy they lost with a similar player. That said betting a premier tackle prospect like Wirfs is great value at that spot. 

Really???  I heard him say Becton.  (No joke!)
Thomas was very high on both Jedrick Wills and Andrew Thomas as "day one" starters for the Browns at tackle. He also felt, like some other folks, that it was reasonable to question whether Mehki Becton's overall build might not be best suited for the zone blocking scheme the Browns are gonna employ. A scheme that calls for the tackles to pull out wide well over a dozen times a game, if not more.

Thomas was very high on both Jedrick Wills and Andrew Thomas as "day one" starters for the Browns at tackle. He also felt, like some other folks, that it was reasonable to question whether Mehki Becton's overall build might not be best suited for the zone blocking scheme the Browns are gonna employ. A scheme that calls for the tackles to pull out wide well over a dozen times a game, if not more.
I heard him say he was impressed with Becton's athleticism and believed he would be able to fit the scheme.  

I heard him say he was impressed with Becton's athleticism and believed he would be able to fit the scheme.  
i dont think there's anything unimpressive about becton, but ive also watched thomas MUCH more and id take him in a heartbeat regardless. 

plus i want that georgia connection of thomas + chubb

Let's be real, georgia always have dawgs at RB and I think there is a hell of a good RB coming out now that had some delish holes opened for him

Was really hoping an OT fell. Since one didn't, and we are going to go all in on Brady...

Tampa Bay selects: Henry Ruggs WR Alabama

Bruce Arians plays 3-WR sets roughly 70% of the time, almost 80% if you take out short yardage plays. Ruggs upgrades, possibly by a ton, over Perriman, and gives another big time RAC weapon. I think there is a misconception that Ruggs is a deep ball WR, he is that, but he's also a RAC guy too. He's not D-Jax, he's more Steve Smith. 

Evans and Ruggs outside, Godwin in the slot, each guys wins in a different way, and at every level. Its almost impossible to stop in theory.

Was really hoping an OT fell. Since one didn't, and we are going to go all in on Brady...

Tampa Bay selects: Henry Ruggs WR Alabama

Bruce Arians plays 3-WR sets roughly 70% of the time, almost 80% if you take out short yardage plays. Ruggs upgrades, possibly by a ton, over Perriman, and gives another big time RAC weapon. I think there is a misconception that Ruggs is a deep ball WR, he is that, but he's also a RAC guy too. He's not D-Jax, he's more Steve Smith. 

Evans and Ruggs outside, Godwin in the slot, each guys wins in a different way, and at every level. Its almost impossible to stop in theory.
And OJ Howard? Even a 42 year old man could throw 35 TDs in that offense.

1.15 - Denver - CJ Henderson CB Florida

Those last two picks stung.

The Broncos corner situation is critical as Harris just signed with the Chargers.

Edit: Oh yeah, they traded for Bouye. That still doesn't change the need.

@ZWK is up

The Atlanta Falcons are interested in trading down from pick 16; send me offers.

Otherwise I'll make this pick in 10 minutes or so.

With the 16th pick the Seattle Seahawks select:

Javon Kinlaw DL South Carolina

Its been a while since Seattle has had a dominant big man in the interior. Hopefully Clowney will get re-signed as well. Kinlaw offers an almost unbelievable amount of athleticism at 6-6/310, and is only scratching the surface of his upside. I feel he very much has Fletcher Cox level upside. With having 2 2nd round picks, trading up has a little less downside, and getting an impact defender is a huge priority. 

1.17: Kristian Fulton CB LSU

Big need with Byron Jones leaving via FA, but C.J. Henderson is who I had targeted as an ideal pick.

In the real world, I'd look to make out in a trade-down, but Fulton is certainly worth the investment here.

Users who are viewing this thread