What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool collective mock draft - complete. And any one of us are better than Ryan Pace! (2 Viewers)

We're still doing pretty well but if anyone wants to tap out, just say the word and we'll hand off your teams to someone else.

This draft still has a number of borderline 1st round guys available in my opinion. With the 76th pick Tampa Bay selects

Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State

Was seemingly a 1st round lock, up until a 4.6 40 at the combine. I think that matters less for him than most as he's 6-2, and his length is probably worth a tenth of a second. Dantzler has excellent instincts, and held his own against both Alabama(Ruggs) and LSU(Chase). If he can add 15 pounds or so, without losing speed, he could be the best CB in the class, other than Okudah, who is pretty elite. Dantzler is good at both man and zone, and simply doesn't get beat, which is why the 4.6 was a surprise. 

Bottom line, if he ran a 4.4, and was 200 pounds instead of 185, he's probably going top-10. I think the weight can be added, and the 4.6 is overrated. He's a guy who should have gone between 30-40 in my opinion, and we're thrilled to get him here, adding to a budding young CB group with Carlton Davis, Jamel Dean and Sean Murphy-Bunting.

• Sad
Reactions: ZWK
Interesting.

BTW - What do you think Parris Campbell will be like this year?
If the guy can stay on the field, he can wreak havoc. Besides the typical jet sweeps and screens, if he can stretch the seam, Doyle and TY will have plenty of room to work underneath. He really is the key to making this offense go.

As far as the decision to draft A.J. Dillon, albeit a bit early, keeping the Colts on schedule with down and distance is critical to managing the number of throws Rivers is asked to make. I'm not saying he is Derrick Henry 2.0, but with the Colts O-line, they need to be able to lean on the running game a lot more. 

Mack is a fine runner, but not a guy you play smash mouth football with, nor sign to a huge second contract.

77. L.A. Rams from Denver (this mock) - Zack Moss RB Utah

The Rams use their first pick of the draft on... a RB? Not the most pressing need, but when the Rams signed Gurley to that ill-advised contract I think they were correct in realizing that their offense works best when they can threaten defenses in the running game and take advantage with play action (which they used more than any other team in 2018, with great success). Moss is the kind of hard-to-tackle RB who can pick up yards despite a subpar offensive line, and at this point in the draft his talent stands above the other available players who could help make this offense work again. Henderson looks to be a committee type back with some question marks and Brown is backup-caliber.

@ZWK OTC with Atlanta

78. Atlanta - Troy Dye LB Oregon

The Falcons invest in coverage again, this time at linebacker. Dye is a bit of a LB/safety tweener who does much better moving in space than taking on blockers. That is an increasingly useful kind of player to have. The Falcons are extremely thin at LB behind Deion Jones & Foye Oluokun, and add a player who could be a day 1 starter and can compete with Oluokun to play in nickel situations.

3.82: Bradlee Anae DE Utah

I'm looking at pass-rushers and Anae is all about production with his hand-fighting & vast array of moves. He had a fantastic Senior Bowl game and a good Combine. 

Jeremiah has him in his top-50. Anae is unlikely to get out of the 2nd so I'll take the value here with what seems to be the consensus highest-rated pass-rusher on the board.

@ZWK OTC

Last edited by a moderator:
@rockaction the Vikings would like to make an offer for pick 90 but your message box is full.

The Vikings will give pick 105 (round 3) + pick 155 (round 5) + pick 201 (round 6) for pick 90

interested?

@rockaction the Vikings would like to make an offer for pick 90 but your message box is full.

The Vikings will give pick 105 (round 3) + pick 155 (round 5) + pick 201 (round 6) for pick 90

interested?
Sure. The only thing that concerns me is more work for the commish and I don't plan on going five. Three was my limit. But since you encouraged me and helped to get me involved in my current dynasty league, I'm going to say yes, and I think I know who you'll pick and will be honest, I was going to pick that position and player if my really far-off suspicions are correct. If they're not correct, he'll fall to me. 

Sure. The only thing that concerns me is more work for the commish and I don't plan on going five. Three was my limit. But since you encouraged me and helped to get me involved in my current dynasty league, I'm going to say yes, and I think I know who you'll pick and will be honest, I was going to pick that position and player if my really far-off suspicions are correct. If they're not correct, he'll fall to me. 
Cool. I don't mind adding work for Andy.

I wasn't planning to go past round 3 either. I think this is a realistic trade though. Houston gets 4 points of value from the deal.

As far as you guessing who I might pick, I doubt it unless there are many syllables and vowels involved. 

I wasn't planning to go past round 3 either. I think this is a realistic trade though. Houston gets 4 points of value from the deal.

As far as you guessing who I might pick, I doubt it unless there are many syllables and vowels involved. 
Ah, then that's a big no. This guy's name is short and to the point.  And he went to Carolina at 69, anwyay. I thought maybe he was tumbling. Kyle Dugger. He's a little higher than 69 on PFF's big board, but we've got him covered, apparently. 

83. L.A. Rams from Denver (from Pittsburgh) (this mock) - Ben Bartch OL St. Johns (MN)
84. L.A. Rams - Alton Robinson EDGE Syracuse

The Rams take a shot on a D3 offensive tackle who impressed at the senior bowl and add an edge rusher.

@Ilov80s OTC for Detroit

Rd 3 Detroit Lions select Edge/OLB Josh Uche from Michigan 

His best comparable player is Devon Kennard who the Lions just moved on from. He’s a good fit eventually replace that role. 

Rd 3 Buffalo Bills select OG Ben Bredeson from Michigan 

The Bills have one of the better OLs in the league but it’s a good idea to keep a strength strong. This will give them depth and a potential future starter.

87. New England - Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota

This is a BPA pick. The Patriots add another WR to their depleted receiving corps, betting on Johnson's back-to-back very impressive seasons. Hopefully Harry, Higgins, Johnson, and Edelman will give their next QB something to work with.

87. New England - Tyler Johnson WR Minnesota

This is a BPA pick. The Patriots add another WR to their depleted receiving corps, betting on Johnson's back-to-back very impressive seasons. Hopefully Harry, Higgins, Johnson, and Edelman will give their next QB something to work with.
2 picks away.

I will just add the rest of my comments into this barf bag.

Ah, I finally see your secret. You value players based on scrabble tiles. 

WIth pick 89 of the 3rd round the Minnesota Vikings select AJ Green CB Oklahoma State

Green has been one of the best corners in college football up until he ran a slow time at the combine. Green has excellent ball skills and will compete for starting outside for the Vikings.

With pick 90 (from trade with Hourston) in the 3rd round the Minnesota Vikings select Van Jefferson WR Florida

Jefferson was identified as having a jones fracture in his foot at the combine, something he had been playing through for who knows how long without it limiting him. He wasn't able to do drills at the combine. He had surgery the recovery time is 6-8 weeks. So he should be recovered in time for otas and training camp. Jefferson is a good route runner with good footwork and able to shift gears during his routes to get separation. He will compete to start opposite Adam Thielen right away.

I have learned from this exercise and mock draft simming the last few days that the Vikings need to prioritize WR with the 22nd overall pick. Funky pointed out to me that the 2 teams drafting at pick 23 and 24 have WR high in their priorities, and that is what those teams selected between the Vikings 1st round picks in this draft as well, Tee Higgins and Justin Jefferson. I like Jefferson and if I could do this over, I think he is the pick at 22 if he is there. I do love the linemen I picked for the Vikings, but the run on WR leaves them with limited options, and if they wait as long as I did here, its a tough ask for any of those players to be starters, which the Vikings need. 

Ravens were hoping to get Van Jefferson to give a Jackson another slot option, but I guess that we will settle for:

Pick 92 - Donovan Peoples-Jones - WR - Michigan

1.29 Tennessee Titans    - Austin Jackson, OT USC

2. 61    Tennessee Titans - Jalen Hurts, QB Oklahoma

3. 93. Tennessee Titans - Troy Pride Jr. CB, ND

corner is a true need, Pride will try to keep up with AJ and learn a thing or two

3.95 - Denver - Jonathan Greenard - DE Florida

Great value here. Can't believe he dropped this far. We were holding our breath and praying. We got a steal.

Actually...that's all true.

CJ Henderson

Jalen Reagor

Ezra Cleveland

Jon Greenard

Decent haul so far.

1.32 Kansas City Chiefs - Cesar Ruiz C Michigan

2.63    Kansas City Chiefs - Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn

3.96. Kansas City Chiefs - Akeem Davis Gaither, ILB, Appalachian state

I was very close to taking him for the Titans, but like the fit in KC better. He'll need some coaching up but he has the work ethic to be good against the run and decent in coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread