What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OOTP Baseball (1 Viewer)

Notorious T.R.E.

Showdown!™ Administrator
Let's get a league going. How do we do this?  Experts weigh in.  I have never purchased, but this could be the fix I need.

The new version of the game releases on March 20, I think.

I haven't played an online league in probably 15 years, so I'll defer to someone with some more recent experience on how that works now. I certainly hope online leagues are easier now than they used to be.

Interested.  I swear there’s a faint memory of having tried this like 15 years ago, and I had Zach Grienke after he had maybe his rookie year (and was pretty terrible).

Then again, these implanted memories are kinda hazy and unreliable. 

Koya said:
Interested.  I swear there’s a faint memory of having tried this like 15 years ago, and I had Zach Grienke after he had maybe his rookie year (and was pretty terrible).

Then again, these implanted memories are kinda hazy and unreliable. 
found a thread from a few years back but now its archived

Notorious T.R.E. said:
How does one accomplish this?  We all need the windows/mac version of the game yes?  Then do we need to host the online portion or does OOTP do that now?  Help us Eephus!
:shrug:

Online leagues in OOTP are fairly simple. A group of players decides to start an online league. One or more players become the commissioners. These are the people who will 'run' the league. In some online leagues, the commissioner also controls a team. Some online leagues have a mix of human- and computer-controlled teams.

The players who initiate an online league typically decide on the league configuration. The commissioner creates the game on his computer, and then provides a copy of the game to the other players, usually via a web site. The managers download the game files and then open up the game. Once they are in the game, they can make changes to their teams, such as setting up lineups. Once they are done making changes, they export those changes to a web site. The commissioner retrieves these team export files and imports the changes into the master copy of the game. The commissioner usually then auto-plays a fixed number of days and posts a copy of the league files again.

This process repeats itself throughout an entire baseball season. League events such as playoffs, free agency, and drafts are handled in different ways in different online leagues. There is no 'right way' to handle these things. But the fundamental process continues: make changes, export, import, auto-play, new league file, repeat.
meh

The lack of any live play capability seems like a dealbreaker for OOTP just as it was the nail in the coffin of WIS.  OOTP multiplayer involves a lot of file transfers and it would probably only be a matter of time before the league would get technically FUBARed.

OOTP is very deep and immersive as a single player game but it's not designed for 30 person multiplayer.  It might be a fun timewaster to autosim a few seasons in OOTP with Cake or Pie rosters but the commissioner would probably have to buy the new version for that.

I'm in if this or another variation happens. I need sports in my life.

Is there an online baseball game where you can play live and manage your team? 

WE'RE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER.

This will be followed by 22 seasons of WIS.  #### I was young when we first tried this.

The Joe Pasnowski (?) best 100 players list actually reminded me of that first ever All-Time MLB draft. The Grandad OG of all FBG sports drafts if I must say.  and I must.

WE'RE GETTING THE BAND BACK TOGETHER.

This will be followed by 22 seasons of WIS.  #### I was young when we first tried this.

The Joe Pasnowski (?) best 100 players list actually reminded me of that first ever All-Time MLB draft. The Grandad OG of all FBG sports drafts if I must say.  and I must.
“Not a starter.” - mrharrier

Users who are viewing this thread