What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2020 Greatest of All Time Sports Draft-Zow wins, Judges still suck (4 Viewers)

In So Far

1. timschochet

2. @BobbyLayne

3. @otb_lifer

4. @Kal El

5. @Gally

6. @jwb

7. @Long Ball Larry

8. @tuffnutt

9. @joffer

10. @AAABatteries

11. @higgins

12. @Zow

13. @Ilov80s

14. @Jagov

14 is a good number but lets give it until the end of the day. We can start tomorrow. I'm thinking no time limit, unless people think I should put one in. All categories currently in the Opening post. I'll come up with a random draft order by this evening, and it will be a serpentine draft.

Judges

1. timschochet

2. @jwb

3. @bigmarc27

Best movie with Nazis? 
:lol:

Made me smile on a tough day. By the way, I'm only not in because it seems the sporting world passed me by about a decade or so ago. I still can't wrap my head around FIP never mind xFIP or WOBA.

Oh man. Plus, I can barely read the screen due to a change in eye presecription. 

Last edited by a moderator:
interested.  Never done one of these.  What is the judging for?
Just to declare a winner. Judge ranks each category, you get the most points for the top score, 2nd most points for next score, etc. Then the person with the overall most points is the winner. 

It also allows people who think they got screwed by the judges to threaten them personally. That’s always a fun part of this. Think I’m kidding? It’s happened. 

Just to declare a winner. Judge ranks each category, you get the most points for the top score, 2nd most points for next score, etc. Then the person with the overall most points is the winner. 

It also allows people who think they got screwed by the judges to threaten them personally. That’s always a fun part of this. Think I’m kidding? It’s happened. 
Is it ok if I just call them a MFer?

I guess but it’s kind of weak compared to the personal challenges we’ve had in the past. You need to ask @krista4 about this. Her husband was an album judge and didn’t like Sgt Pepper. The guy who drafted it didn’t think much of that evaluation. 
tim, you're in LA, right?  I have an online trampoline tournament scheduled for LA next week, and I dare you to show up and say the same thing to me while staying six virtual feet away from me at all times.

Can't draft, but would love to judge a couple of baseball/basketball categories. I've been involved before, but my usual persona is, um, resting. 

I think I can judge if need be. But that leads me to wonder...would I be judging by my criteria, which are dated, or by the reasons posited in the write-ups for the player/team/unit/etc?

I mean,  I'd prefer to judge best the best NFL player from the secondary, but is that how this works? 

I think I can judge if need be. But that leads me to wonder...would I be judging by my criteria, which are dated, or by the reasons posited in the write-ups for the player/team/unit/etc?

I mean,  I'd prefer to judge best the best NFL player from the secondary, but is that how this works? 
You can use whatever kind of criteria you wish, just keep it consistent. As to categories it’s first come first served, so if you want the secondary it’s yours. 

How'd I get the 1st pick?

OK, give me a sec. Still drafting for high points in the judging, it sounds like?

1.01 - Michael Phelps, Greatest Swimmer (Male)

Dominated a few Olympic competitions here and there.

EDIT: @Gally

1.03.  Michael Jordan - category 13. NBA - Greatest guard

He's the best basketball player I've ever seen.  More than that, if I'm playing any game, I want this dude - he'd kneecap his mother to win. 

I know Jordan has competition for best basketball player so his VBD isn't nearly as high as maybe Gretzsky - but I get Michael f'n Jordan on my team.  I'm happy with that.

ETA - In full disclosure, I'm not a hockey guy at all but I had planned to take Gretzsky if he slipped to me.

Users who are viewing this thread