What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB David Johnson traded to HOU for DeAndre Hopkins (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Just got an alert.

David Johnson, a 2nd this year, and a 4th next year for DeAndre Hopkins and a 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:
A David Johnson trade at this point should have been in the style of Brock Osweiler.....

Bill, we will give you a second round pick if you take David Johnson.  Wait, you want to give us Hopkins too.  Right, yah, that's definitely what we meant.

It's a great bump for DJ's fantasy value. He was about worthless in AZ. Now he's the three-down back in Houston, assuming he stays healthy...

Ridiculous. As a Cards fan, I can't believe we gave up DJ for a slouch like Hopkins. Man, we got ripped off big time. DJ was all set to be our third string RB this year - what were they thinking??
You guys just lost your ace backup kick returner.  Gonna be a long year.

What does this do to the fantasy stock of other Texans? 

Watson? 

TE? 

WRs? 

Seems like they all take a hit unless we see someone who can step in to account for some of his 100 catches and 1300 yards? 

Texans GIVE UP 2nd to Browns to take on Osweiler's horrible deal.

Cardinals GIVE UP 2nd to Texans to take on Johnson's horrible deal............and get arguably the best WR in the game.

:lmao:  How excited you think the Rams are right now?!?!? Praying someone else is that stupid to take on Gurley.

Texans ownership isn't involved in any of this? If so, how do they not fire him just for considering this?

Yeah I'm blown away by this. I got a message on my phone from a FF chat group for one of my leagues. I was just waking up and dude says "Today has been crazy guys." I assumed it was going to be that martial law had been declared. But instead of checking the regular news, I checked the sports and saw this trade. I just don't get it. Is he trying to win now? Getting a 2nd is kind of cool.

I mean sometimes people do crazy stuff and turn a team around, but it's so hard to imagine this helping the Texans in any way. Ok maybe they knock it out of the park with that 2nd round pick. Then what? Who is Watson throwing to exactly? I had Houston as a decent landing spot for a WR, but now that Nuk is gone it's obviously a huge vacuum. Not sure it's a good one, though. I feel bad for Watson.

I just don't see a world where we look back and say, "we all thought he was crazy then, but man he really proved us wrong."

This is one of those deals where DeShaun Watson should walk into Bill O'Brien's office today and say "I want to be traded".

I mean seriously, this is the worst NFL trade I can remember in recent football history.
yeah, O'Brien could get Trubisky for him if he thru in that 2nd rd pick he just picked up

ETA: after all, Mitch was drafted higher...

Texan looking to draft early next season.
Imagine how excited their first pick will be. I wonder what a move like this does to a locker room. Actually I don't really wonder. I know the answer. There is zero chance Nuk was a locker room cancer the way a guy like TO was. If I were an incoming rookie I would pray the Texans didn't draft me.

Users who are viewing this thread