What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

COVID-19 Facial Hair contest. Holy gray beards, can we get these guys some dye? (1 Viewer)

CGRdrJoe

Footballguy
With all the boredom I figured I might as well grow out the mustache, my only problem is I have to keep it within the Coast Guard's grooming standards.

Joe Bryant has offered a Free Footballguys All Pro Subscription to the winner someone can make this happen and get 10+ entrants. I already know I'm too lazy to do the tourney part but I will post my daily stache pics in here.

I hadn't shave since Thursday morning so I'm calling this day 4: https://flic.kr/p/2iEURuG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ack, I dunno if I want to shave my beard.  I've been growing it out for several months now.  Wish we could make this just a "facial hair" contest.  :lol:  

Ack, I dunno if I want to shave my beard.  I've been growing it out for several months now.  Wish we could make this just a "facial hair" contest.  :lol:  
we can do that! but then again you have a head start :banned:  We will have to come up with a handicap system to make it fair.

I actually yesterday for the first time in my life shaved my head... always wanted to try it, and figured I won't be seeing folks for a while and what better day to do it than 3:16 day

And its also less hair for virus to stick to :unsure:

Smack Tripper said:
I actually yesterday for the first time in my life shaved my head... always wanted to try it, and figured I won't be seeing folks for a while and what better day to do it than 3:16 day

And its also less hair for virus to stick to :unsure:
Yeah, I’m well aware that the mustache is a virus catcher but it also causes social distancing.

Would love to join, but I don't own a camera with enough resolution to pick up the peach fuzz I manage to grow after even a full week.  I am going to stop shaving until I have to go back to the office (or my wife makes me) to see if I can come through with a Cliff Clavenesque late stage growth (only real).

Last edited by a moderator:
If nothing else, this thread further confirms my ability to accurately predict what people will look like based on their writing. 

Granted, fewer demographics are more narrow than this board. But I'm still really good at this. 

So my boys (18 & 16) and I are entering into our own quarantine facial hair contest.  As previously stated, I have horribly thin facial hair.  Mustache and chin hair of an 80 year old woman, with little patches on either cheek.  No sideburns, and cheek hair doesn't meet chin hair.  Really bad.  My boys have it even worse.  So I suggested the other day at dinner we should have our own contest, since I don't have to shave for work for a while.  They seemed to be in and found it funny.

The other day, my older son looks at me and says "oh, you actually aren't shaving any more?"  I said, "no, I thought we were having a competition?"  I look at him and don't see anything, though it looks like he just shaved but maybe missed a couple spots on his upper lip so I ask "did you shave?"  He then strokes his six or seven hairs and says proudly "no, my mustache is coming in nicely."

one thing I've noticed  while not shaving during coronathon is that I have been touching my face WAY more than normal... and I am pretty sure I touched it too much to begin with.  

I’ve started again, last shaved Friday to go to work but now I’m working full time from home so full beard time. Strange times when the Coast Guard pays me to work from home. 

I've hung out with fatguy in real life and he is stunningly handsome.  :swoon:
No kidding... he looks nothing like a stressed out, overweight, unhealthy person. 

In other words, I'm going to need to see his bar card...

We can shave the neck beard right?
I shave a bit on my cheeks and the neck every 3-4 days.  I am starting to look like Santa.  I'll take another pic sometime next week.  I think my beard is the longest it's ever been.  The sides, where I usually get trimmed down by the barber, are going to be bushy AF.  Not looking forward to that.  I may need to take a stab at doing it myself.

My wife has said no more dots until I shave.  I guess since my beard is so weak it shouldn't be an issue, but still...

Users who are viewing this thread