Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
CGRdrJoe

COVID-19 Facial Hair contest. Holy gray beards, can we get these guys some dye?

I know I had a HUGE lead going into this, but I think my Santa beard is coming along nicely...

https://imgur.com/EPoH8il

• Like 7

13 hours ago, nirad3 said:

I know I had a HUGE lead going into this, but I think my Santa beard is coming along nicely...

https://imgur.com/EPoH8il

Well, I was going to complain about how gray mine has been coming in, but damn. 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 10:13 AM, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I'm not sure what the criteria are for this contest, but I have to think that fatguy is in the lead here.

I'm at Day 18 and my facial hair is a complete disaster.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I'm not sure what the criteria are for this contest, but I have to think that fatguy is in the lead here.

Might have to do a video deposition in a few weeks, currently weighing my options.

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Might have to do a video deposition in a few weeks, currently weighing my options.

:lmao:

Anyone try buzzing their own hair off with a beard trimmer? Thinking about it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nipsey said:

To shave the sides of my head, my kids used the “Man Groomer” I use to shave my back.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Nipsey said:

I use one of these, but I've also used a Wahl hair trimmer for the edges and tapering. Unless the beard trimmer is wide -- 2 inches or so -- I don't think it'd be a great idea.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jaysus said:

Well, I was going to complain about how gray mine has been coming in, but damn. 

Yeah a few more pounds on the belly and I may moonlight as Santa this December.  I absolutely hate the grey but I've been told by numerous sources to not do the Just For Men stuff.  :( 

23 hours ago, Nipsey said:

done it twice, may be permanent, love it

38 minutes ago, Smack Tripper said:

done it twice, may be permanent, love it

Did you leave the guard on?

2 hours ago, Nipsey said:

Did you leave the guard on?

I did not, but be ware, this will take you down to just the most minor different between just shaving your head with a razor and not, if you want more a crew cut, try it with the guard  and you can always cut more.   For the first time, I did it no guard and then used a razor to finish it off and take it all the way down.  Yesterday I touched it up to just use the razor, I left a little peach fuzz mohawk on top which looks a little more normal than just shaving. It helps manage the widow peaks

• Like 1

Welp, I shaved my grey, bushy-a$$ beard.  I don't think I've been clean-shaven in 8 months.  I can see why.  :(   Not posting a pic.  :lol:

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, nirad3 said:

Welp, I shaved my grey, bushy-a$$ beard.  I don't think I've been clean-shaven in 8 months.  I can see why.  :(   Not posting a pic.  :lol:

way to ruin christmas. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nirad3 said:

How much time had you invested in that beard?  Six months at least I would think. 

Edited by bigbottom

10 SCIENTIFIC EFFECTS THAT HAPPEN WHEN A MAN GROWS A BEARD  Read More: https://www.grunge.com/137803/scientific-effects-when-man-grows-beard/?utm_campaign=clip

... men with fuller beards were assessed as better long-term partners — but on average, the majority of surveyed women preferred guys with some scruff.

...having a beard actually protects the skin underneath from aging, according to the tabloid Metro, by blocking sun exposure, which results in fewer wrinkles, fewer liver spots, and so on.

...the other factor keeping your bearded face so smooth is your sebaceous glands, which are always working to keep your skin oiled up and moisturized, according to Business Insider. People touch their face a lot, so you'd normally be rubbing this oil off pretty regularly, but not if you have a thick beard protecting your cheeks and thus preserving your skin's oils. So while having a beard might make you look older today, it'll make you look younger in the future.

...According to Psychology Today, studies have shown that men with beards are generally regarded as more masculine, dominant, and socially mature. They are also usually regarded as more responsible, older, fatherly figures, at a glance. On the other hand, New Republic cited a 2012 study where men were photographed both bearded and clean-shaven, then told to make a range of expressions. When these photos were shown to other participants, the pictures of bearded "angry" expressions were rated as looking way more aggressive than the angry clean-shaven ones.

...frequent shaving can also cause permanent scarring, razor bumps, dark marks, and even infections.

Beard meme 1

Beard meme 2

Beard meme 3

Beard meme 4

Beard meme 5

2 hours ago, bigbottom said:

How much time had you invested in that beard?  Six months at least I would think. 

At least, probably more.

Told my wife another week or so I'm shaving just the chin and keeping everything else...

The gunslinger beard or whatever it's called

She's not happy.

• Laughing 1

This is usually the point i need to trim my beard or risk someone from upper management complaining 

https://imgur.com/a/C75BvIX

it’s also the time I would have gotten a haircut 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

This is usually the point i need to trim my beard or risk someone from upper management complaining 

https://imgur.com/a/C75BvIX

it’s also the time I would have gotten a haircut 

Username does NOT check out.

• Laughing 1

Man, I miss my beard.  I have a quadruple chin and typically, when clean shaven, I look younger.... not anymore.

Just now, Keerock said:

Keep the beard, trim the eyebrows...

Lol.... I thought that this morning....

43 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Dandelions already?? 

Just now, Keerock said:

Dandelions already?? 

Yeah, it's been warm here (D.C. area).  My lawn is trash there will be dandelions everywhere.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 1:33 PM, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I guess the video depo forced a haircut?

52 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I guess the video depo forced a haircut?

Hasn’t happened yet but I’m trying to make myself look respectable if and when it does.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:33 PM, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Looks good. the best kept beard I've seen in this thread. 

• Thanks 1

Shaved everything last night.  Had a decent (for me) goatee for about a year and was shaving around it once every 10 days or so.  But I got bored last night and figured I'd shave it in case I need to mask up.  :shrug:

Will probably grow it right back, though.  Not a fan of what I look like without it.  

2 hours ago, Mr.Pack said:

https://imgur.com/a/nzQ8p88

Ugly as it gets. The facial hair too.

3 weeks.

We grow the same kind of beard... lucky for me the same does not apply for chins. 

;)

• Thinking 1

You guys are so cute.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2

On 3/29/2020 at 5:13 PM, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

The Mohawk is the BEST!!!

On 3/31/2020 at 6:22 PM, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

You need to take a look at the hairdos from Peaky Blinders

On 4/6/2020 at 8:33 PM, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Duck Dynasty guys are starting to look handsome compared to some of these pictures. ;)