What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do any of you have the virus? Thread for those that do **We're up to FOUR, including your's truly** (1 Viewer)

El Floppo

Footballguy
If there's already an **official*" I got the virus thread, please merge.

Have to figure our FFA community will start to test positive- here's a placeholder for us to discuss first hand info and offer advice/help/thopraws etc.

Fingers crossed this thread won't be used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump.

Fingers crossed.... Nobody?

Iirc, @Sinn Fein wife was under observation? Any news there, gb?

ETA..8yo floppinha has had most of the symptoms off and on the last couple days- cough, tummy hurts, but only a slight fever. We're monitoring closely.

About 17000 reported cases with about, what, 320 million Americans. That’s only 5 folks in 100,000. If more than one or two actual FBGs have it, I’d be surprised. Knowing someone who has it, that’s a far different percentage. Anyway, negative for me so far, knock wood.

I've been battling some sort of very mild viral infection all week, but pretty sure it is not COVID-19.  A couple days of diarrhea (peaked Sunday)...sore throat on Monday that dissipated after 24 hours...some sort of respiratory irritation that has lingered for a few days...no cough...no fever.

Not yet, but have been a little short of breath for a couple of days. Not many other symptoms - a little bit of body ache but not too bad.  Gonna go for a run tomorrow and see if there are any issues.

El Floppo said:
Bump.

Fingers crossed.... Nobody?

Iirc, @Sinn Fein wife was under observation? Any news there, gb?

ETA..8yo floppinha has had most of the symptoms off and on the last couple days- cough, tummy hurts, but only a slight fever. We're monitoring closely.
Hey GB - thanks for asking - Mrs. SF finally got a test on Thursday, and we should get the results on Monday or Tuesday.

But, even better, she was given an antibiotic prescription on Thursday, and noted significant improvement in her chest tightness by yesterday - so I think we are in the clear here, symptoms not likely to be caused by a virus, like covid.

ETA - I hope for a similar outcome for Floppinha - stay healthy!

Hey GB - thanks for asking - Mrs. SF finally got a test on Thursday, and we should get the results on Monday or Tuesday.

But, even better, she was given an antibiotic prescription on Thursday, and noted significant improvement in her chest tightness by yesterday - so I think we are in the clear here, symptoms not likely to be caused by a virus, like covid.

ETA - I hope for a similar outcome for Floppinha - stay healthy!
update?

:fingerscrossed:

No one I know or in regular contact with.

Got a co-worker who works in another city and I only see twice a year. Partied with him just last month but no one again I see on a regular basis or now that well, just someone I see twice a year and we have a good time.

He was recently in Vail, around some people who did test positive, had been sick for a week, got worse, and as of late yesterday had been in hospital for 2 days and had been tested but had not got his results or at least his results have not been relayed to me. All I know so far is on day one in his hospital stay I was told "he's not doing well" and on day two I heard "no change in his condition". If he got his results back I don't know it yet. He's 50 and in really good shape and is in the Denver area.

menobrown said:
No one I know or in regular contact with.

Got a co-worker who works in another city and I only see twice a year. Partied with him just last month but no one again I see on a regular basis or now that well, just someone I see twice a year and we have a good time.

He was recently in Vail, around some people who did test positive, had been sick for a week, got worse, and as of late yesterday had been in hospital for 2 days and had been tested but had not got his results or at least his results have not been relayed to me. All I know so far is on day one in his hospital stay I was told "he's not doing well" and on day two I heard "no change in his condition". If he got his results back I don't know it yet. He's 50 and in really good shape and is in the Denver area.
Cripes. Gl to your biannual friend.

As a 52yo pretty healthy guy, I kept thinking I'd be fine if I got it. Sick, yes, but ultimately fine. Seeing the people dying from this over the last couple days in the US...hard not to change my feelings. We are being hyper vigilant because of my wife...but I'm all in onboard finally.

My brother (44) and niece (12) probably had it. Four weeks ago, almost recovered.

My neighbor (35, 36) and two kids (2,4) probably had it, too. Two weeks ago, still hacking.

None tested, not in that "danger" group, but all signs point to it and not the flu.

A coworker of mine was in my home two Fridays ago. The following Monday he came down with symptoms & was tested for Covid-19 - he got his results Thursday that he was positive. He let me know, ASAP.

Called my PCP, who told me to isolate at home. Thankfully, neither me nor my family have had any symptoms. I’ve been wary of every little cough, ache, etc throughout the house. We’ve literally stayed inside the house for a week, with the exception of going outside in the backyard. 

I was tested this past weekend, and was told today that I’m negative. Huge weight lifted off my shoulders for the safety of my family. Now I’m wondering how I’ll continue to dodge this virus, given that I’m “essential” and have to for back to work on Saturday. Scary times indeed...

Cripes. Gl to your biannual friend.

As a 52yo pretty healthy guy, I kept thinking I'd be fine if I got it. Sick, yes, but ultimately fine. Seeing the people dying from this over the last couple days in the US...hard not to change my feelings. We are being hyper vigilant because of my wife...but I'm all in onboard finally.
Same age, decent physical health but with moderate asthma and many exposures daily without enough PPE.

I'm scared.

Glad to hear you're all on board! Best wishes to your wife and fam.

I've been battling some sort of very mild viral infection all week, but pretty sure it is not COVID-19.  A couple days of diarrhea (peaked Sunday)...sore throat on Monday that dissipated after 24 hours...some sort of respiratory irritation that has lingered for a few days...no cough...no fever.
Thanks for sharing   :X

We all still good?

Found out a few days ago after checking on them that my elderly neighbors of 20 years in my NYC apt building (we're 2a, they're 2c...only 3 units per floor) have had it for the last 2 weeks.

Daughter just called us asking to check because she couldn't get a hold of them for over an hour. They were ok, thank God...but my heart was in mouth yelling through the door into their apt.

my wife is somewhat convinced that everyone in our house had it in January when we all had a bout of a bit of a weird cold.  Her chiropractor or something said that they were sure that they were exposed to someone who had it after travelling to China (or something like that).  get me that antibody test, Fauci.

We had a scare this week.

My wife has had a cough and fatigue for 9-10 days.  She was wakened by the worst headache of her life and a fever at 5 a.m. Friday.  Given her risk factors (a general pediatrician spouse and a daughter back home from an epicenter doing on-line law school) I had tried to get her tested twice in the past week.  Her doc wouldn't order it because she hadn't had a fever to that point.

Well, with the new onset fever and a skull-splitting headache I just took her to the ER that morning. They did a chest xray and a COVID19 test.  Her xray showed no pneumonia, her oxygen level was normal in the ER and she wasn't in distress so she was discharged home.

I felt there was a pretty good chance that she had it.

Thankfully the COVID test came back negative yesterday.  Huge relief.

Posted in the previous Covid threads that I think I may have been exposed to it. In February, my friend's brother and SIL (early 40s) got really really sick. Flu tests  for both came back negative but doctors insisted it must have been a false negative. At this time COVID was nowhere on the radar here in Michigan. He is a fire fighter and EMT so he comes into contact with sick people, figured it was something nasty he picked up. She is a smoker and developed pneumonia. They got better but missed 2-3 weeks of work.

Anyway, I hang with my friend (37) usually 1x a week for drinks. We are good friends, his wife and my wife are good friends. It's not unusual to even hang out multiple times a week. Feb 23 (day after my friend had a party for the Wilder-Fury fight) he said he started feeling unwell. Started with aches and pains, then weird dreams and a fever. He missed 3 weeks of work with a fever, pains and no energy. He shivered so hard he chipped a tooth. His flu test also came back negative but his doctor was sure it was the flu. There were no COVID tests in Michigan at this time and it was not really on our radar. He has since gotten better but he said it was insanely bad- was 3 weeks before he got the energy to even take his dog for a walk around the block. 

The first 2 days my friend was out sick from work, I also had crazy fever dreams. Woke up feeling totally off, confused, sweaty and felt like I was going to get sick. I felt so lethargic those 2 days and went to sleep at like 8 PM. My friend told me that is what he was experiencing exactly. However, day 3 I felt better and by day 5 I felt normal. So I think I was exposed and just had very mild symptoms. 

There are false negatives, coworkers and family members with the same symptoms some testing positive and some negative.

Sat out serving at the food pantry yesterday, first time this year. Have had a low grade fever since Wednesday, no other symptoms. Called a nurse Friday for a consultation, might follow up Monday or Tuesday. Still not right but not getting worse.

About 30-35 cases (nobody in ICU) in our church but don’t think I was exposed.

Lost a friend a few days ago. Week before another friend lost her mom & dad, three days apart.

It’s hard; we cannot have memorials or grieve in the ways we are accustomed.

One day this ends.

Mid March husband/wife friends of ours return home from a trip to Florida.  Neither feeling well and get checked out at the local hospital.  Both test positive.  She is sent home to self quarintine, he is sent to a larger hospital in nearby city.  He has pneumonia along with all the other symptoms.  They put him on a ventilator in the ICU.  He was treated for several days with the combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Z pack.  After that they were able to move him out of ICU and he was in stable condition.  After a few more days they released him from the hospital and he and the wife are doing fine.

Bump.

Anybody end up with this?

My former co-worker and friend had projects in France that he had to travel for in January- came back at the end of Jan and got "sicker than he's ever been". he took the antibody test the first day it was offered in NYC in May(?). turns out he had it back in Jan/Feb. and had been on an airplane, subways AND the office with it. 

Bump.

Anybody end up with this?

My former co-worker and friend had projects in France that he had to travel for in January- came back at the end of Jan and got "sicker than he's ever been". he took the antibody test the first day it was offered in NYC in May(?). turns out he had it back in Jan/Feb. and had been on an airplane, subways AND the office with it. 
I considered getting tested a couple days ago but it's still almost impossible to get tested without severe symptoms in my area.  I haven't had any bad symptoms but had mild chest pressure for 2.5 weeks which lead to cold like symptoms the last week along with unusual fatigue.  I have no clue if it's just some other bug but I'm feeling a little better now and don't plan to get tested although I'm thinking about giving blood and getting the antibody test.  Of note as far as my exposure - my son works at Publix 4-5 days a week and lives with us (18 and just graduated).  We also went to Florida for 2 weeks although I had limited contact with people (gas station, rest stops, ate outdoors 2 times).  It would be nice if we could get more testing and better data about all of this.

Haven't had it nor do I know anyone (within one degree of separation) that has had it either. 

Then again, we don't have a huge circle of friends that we talk to either so the numbers of people where it would come up in conversation is small. 

My former neighbor who now lives in Spain got it in late March.  We had dinner on March 6th when he was visiting SF.  At the time he said he was hurrying back to Valencia a couple days later before a quarantine went into effect but got sick a few weeks later.  He recovered but dealt with fevers for 39 days.

My brother (who has Type 1 Diabetes) and his wife both tested positive. Both had VERY mild symptoms and recovered quickly. I think my SIL gave it to me because I had a mild fever for 2 days a few days after I was with her but tested negative for antibodies. This was all back in mid-March. 

My wife tested positive. She was exposed on June 19th and got tested on the 23rd. No symptoms for her or anyone else in the house. My 9 year-old stepson got tested and came back negative. We’re now three weeks from when she was exposed, thinking we’re good but who knows. 

A guy I work with got tested not because he felt ill but because he was in some crowded situations.  Tested positive and had zero symptoms for the next 14 days as he quarantined.  Tested again negative.   So he is not sure if the first test was a false positive or it just did not impact him in any way.

Best friend, wife and adult daughter all came back positive today.  Mild for them  

Another friend’s adult daughter has it as well.  Not mild at all for her  

all in CA  

Multiple people at my workplace have gotten it.  All mild symptoms.   No one has gone to the hospital 

Mom...relatively mild symptoms from COVID, but she has other health issues that unfortunately are not getting proper attention because of her positive diagnosis.

So, still nobody?
You would think we would have a few cases by now :knocksonwood:, but maybe they aren't posting about it. 

Person that works for our company, but a different department and part of the building tested positive.  Very mild not even typical cold symptoms and just back from quarantine.  One of his closer coworkers tested negative.

President of our company said she tested positive for the antibodies, but that was so long ago I don't really trust those results.

Users who are viewing this thread