What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help pick my keepers post free agency! (1 Viewer)

Disposable Hero

Footballguy
This is a 12 team ,1/2 point ppr,  keeper/salary cap league.  We protect players by a cap amount of $10.5 mil. We start 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 1 flex.

Possible options are:

DeAndre Hopkins $3.9mil,Kyler Murray, $3.0mil, Michael Gallup $1.45mil, Chris Carson $3.9mil, Le'Veon Bell $4.74mil, Justin Jackson $1.0mil, OBJ $3.6mil, Christian Kirk $1.78mil, Anthony Miller $1.69mil, Brandin Cooks $3.36mil, Hunter Henry $1.79mil, and Dallas Goedert $1.36mil. Can have any combo equal to or under $10.5mil. Thanks in advance. Leave a link and I will answer yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first impression... I said no to Bell, Miller and Cook immediately.  OBJ was next as I just would not roster him (personal opinion).  This puts me at Hopkins, Murray, Henry and Gallup (over Kirk as I feel his value drops with Hopkins there) which puts the salary at $10.14.  I am still looking to see what changes I would do. And I think Carson and Kirk's salary are too large to hang onto.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd go Hopkins, Kirk, Gallup and Murray. I actually think Kirk could benefit from having Hopkins around and the offense could really open up in year 2. Since you don't even have to start a TE I think Kirk outperforms Henry without Rivers around. Concerns would be keeping 3 Arizona players but if the offense goes off, that would be a good thing.

I'd go Hopkins, Kirk, Gallup and Murray. I actually think Kirk could benefit from having Hopkins around and the offense could really open up in year 2. Since you don't even have to start a TE I think Kirk outperforms Henry without Rivers around. Concerns would be keeping 3 Arizona players but if the offense goes off, that would be a good thing.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry we do start a TE. I made an edit.

I am thinking no Henry or Goedart.  Guessing you could get as good or better back in the draft.

Don't know a lot about this league, but thinking Bell is a no too.  Assuming you can get him back cheaper if really want him.

Hopkins and Gallup are must keeps.  Tough call between Murray, Carson, and OBJ.  Knowing a bit more about top QB value and top RB

Depending on when you have to set keepers, keep an eye on A Miller.  He tore it up towards the end of last year.  With a new QB in town his hype might be valuable compared to his keeper cost.  If nothing else he may be trade bait.

Users who are viewing this thread