What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger King on Netflix (1 Viewer)

I'm almost through it.  I wouldn't call it a "must watch", but it has some interesting elements to it.  A lot of shady/odd characters involved. 
Agreed. Im halfway through and I guess my assessment is, it is Ok, but not worthy of its own thread. 

Agreed with others that it's a trainwreck and I can't stop watching.  Joe Exotic is awesomely terrible all rolled into one if that makes any sense.  Golden nuggets....LMAO. 

I enjoyed how the least shady of all these creepy Tiger people is the ex-drug lord dude.
Yeah. He was the inspiration for Scarface. But he was relatively "normal." 

Frankly, I thought the campaign manager guy was the least creepy. He seemed like your run of the mill libertarian nerd* and I genuinely felt badly for him when he witnesses the accidental suicide. I'd say him or the producer guy whose stuff got destroyed in the fire - and who essentially acted as a reliable narrator throughout the show despite him chain-smoking in every scene.

*One of my favorite lines of the show is when the campaign manager is talking reasonably and practically about the investigation and is borderline complimentary to the federal investigators but then catches himself and caveats what he's saying with something along the lines of, "wait, I'm a liberatarian, so #### the feds, but still..."

he witnesses the accidental suicide
Curious if others took it as accidental, too? I know the campaign manager told the story about how Travis held a gun to his face but assured him "it needs a clip to fire." But in the set-up of the shooting he described Travis as coming in yelling, frustrated and being distraught. I took it as a spur-of-the-moment suicide, rather than accidental. 

Curious if others took it as accidental, too? I know the campaign manager told the story about how Travis held a gun to his face but assured him "it needs a clip to fire." But in the set-up of the shooting he described Travis as coming in yelling, frustrated and being distraught. I took it as a spur-of-the-moment suicide, rather than accidental. 
I took it as accidental because I assumed he was under the influence of meth. In other words, I don't think there was much measured aforethought. 

I'm currently reading a thread where Doc Antle's neighbor (elephant guy in promo) is posting on another forum. TBH, it's kind of boring since the neighbor doesn't attend the parties or anything. Reports that some 100 lb lady used to walk one of the tiger's down the street on a leash regularly until someone complained to the police. They once found one of his chimps in his garage eating ice cream out of their freezer. Rivals.com if someone already has a membership.

I barely watched the first episode last night, so I'm a little behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
They just kind of casually drop in that he was sticking bags of coke into live boa constrictors to smuggle drugs into the country, because that really wasn't crazy enough for much attention compared to the Krishna Tiger Sex Cult.  
Dare I ask....does it explain how he retrieves them? 

I'm glad they dug deep into the mysterious disappearance of Don Lewis.  Everyone knows she killed him.  The obvious rumors were that she fed him to the tigers, but there is speculation he may have been burried under the Citrus Park Mall that was under construction at the time.  I knew one of the guys in the documentary, Vernon Yates.  I visited his property a few times years ago and got to see all of his animals.  

I'm glad they dug deep into the mysterious disappearance of Don Lewis.  Everyone knows she killed him.  The obvious rumors were that she fed him to the tigers, but there is speculation he may have been burried under the Citrus Park Mall that was under construction at the time.  I knew one of the guys in the documentary, Vernon Yates.  I visited his property a few times years ago and got to see all of his animals.  
I doubt it. They never once mentioned groundhogs. 

Joe Exotic is a national treasure and needs to be free.  He obviously burned down the production studio to destroy all of the footage.  Joe Exotic giveth, and Joe Exotic taketh.  On a side note, when touring Vernon's animal place, when we arrived at the baby gators he mentioned that they were "just reptiles, no affection".  Guy loved the cats, but could care less about the alligators.  I don't think Joe Exotic would have any problem burning the alligators if he knew Carole and the producer were going to screw him with it.  Not only were her lawyers going to go through it with a comb, he wasn't going to make a cent from any of it.  I can only imagine the golden content that went up I'm flames.

Osaurus said:
I've heard about the Big Cat Rescue, but have never gone there. Carole Baskin is as loco as the rest of them imo
Again, it speaks volumes that the guy who snuck cocaine into the US via actual live boa constrictors and inspired the Scarface character isn't even in top five of crazy characters in this show. 

eoMMan said:
For the past few days, every time something happens in the house (like if we are missing an ingredient for a recipe), I feel inclined to say, "I bet it was that ####### #####, Carole Baskins".
I think there's an actual >.1% chance that she is the root cause of COVID-19. 

think she fed her ex to the lions?
Hey there cats and kittens, she definitely did.
She was quick to mention, when talking about how Joe's people could have deliberately got his cats to attack his feet, that "all you would need to do is rub some sardine oil on his shoes." They need to check the local Piggly Wiggly video and receipts from when that dude disappeared for some blonde lady buying 12 cases of sardines. 

Frankly, I thought the campaign manager guy was the least creepy. He seemed like your run of the mill libertarian nerd* and I genuinely felt badly for him when he witnesses the accidental suicide. I'd say him or the producer guy whose stuff got destroyed in the fire - and who essentially acted as a reliable narrator throughout the show despite him chain-smoking in every scene.

*One of my favorite lines of the show is when the campaign manager is talking reasonably and practically about the investigation and is borderline complimentary to the federal investigators but then catches himself and caveats what he's saying with something along the lines of, "wait, I'm a liberatarian, so #### the feds, but still..."
 I love how he started out all clean cut and professional, with a collared shirt and his hair nicely combed.  Then by the end he looked like one of the gang with some greasy, unkept hair and a dirty tee-shirt with the sleeves ripped off.  

Turns out a friend of mine was the Director of Photography on this film.  I'm sure he has some great behind the scenes stories to tell.  Will share if they're FBG worthy and he's cool with it.

I really can’t tell who’s the most crazy between Joe, Carole and Doc.  Basically whomever is on screen at that moment is the one who I think is.   

I really can’t tell who’s the most crazy between Joe, Carole and Doc.  Basically whomever is on screen at that moment is the one who I think is.   
In all honesty, doc may be crazy, but people are buying what he’s selling which feeds the fire. He’s far behind the other two in my rankings. 

Users who are viewing this thread