What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Small Business Support Group (1 Viewer)

so, my company decided to furlough 95% of us, yesterday   :hot:  .  owner claims he will bring everyone back, once the loan is in place.  does he have to do that?  or can he  just maintain what the payroll is now and still get forgiven?

I'm assuming the same but it doesn't hurt to calculate using the combined number. Your bank is going to require docs to back up the number your wife provides and they just might accept the dividend amount added to the salary amount. It doesn't hurt to try.
I’m fine with either, I just don’t want to get into a big fight about things. It’s one of those situations where I’m not trying to pull one over on anyone, but I also don’t know enough to maybe not do something I’m not supposed to. 

so, my company decided to furlough 95% of us, yesterday   :hot:  .  owner claims he will bring everyone back, once the loan is in place.  does he have to do that?  or can he  just maintain what the payroll is now and still get forgiven?
No. Head count and payroll are tied to average numbers prior to the outbreak. 

DA RAIDERS said:
What happens if he doesn't get the loan? The loan isn't guaranteed to go though. He is basically telling you he will bring you back he jus needs to get the loan in place. He is taking a ton of risk if he does this because we have no idea how the 'loan forgiveness' is going to work. Instead of getting upset you should be thanking him. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
DA RAIDERS said:
You have to maintain the 2019 payroll numbers employee count for forgiveness from what I have read. 

so, we worked 24/7 all weekend and the portal was up and down.  i had 3 customers apply thru the portal, we told the rest just send us the stuff pdf and we would internally load your request.  last count was 3 CIB thru the portal, 4 via manual.  loan amounts ranged from 60m to about 400m.  lots of my customers are OOB, with no employees.  some people didn’t seem to care.  it was a strange mix.  

fyi - PNC portal has worked out many kinks, but, like most all banks, if you are not a customer they cant help you due to system limitations.  This doesn mean you couldnt open a checking account and get online banking access same day, then apply.  Then i might be able to help you push things along.  Just saying.

DA RAIDERS said:
My understanding is he does need to maintain headcount and not reduce your pay in order to not have the debt forgiveness part reduced.  However, I think the key for the forgiveness is that he has the same headcount and pay rate in the immediate period following the loan.  Someone else here is likely more up on the formula and how that works than I am, but my payroll person basically told me the key is making payroll within 7 days of the funds hitting our bank and that it has to be at the rate from 2019 with the same headcount.  Not sure how it would impact that calculation if you were furloughed and then upon receiving the money if he immediately brought you back at your old rate.

Applied Friday for ppp and called yesterday and was told bank taking 3-5 business days to review and call.  

We got our PPP in late yesterday.  We had the docs / application prepared as of last Friday, and finally got it submitted late yesterday working with our local bank.  The bank reported that it got 50 customers submitted.  The process yesterday took about 3 hours - submit this, wait for this email, then do this, etc.  We never received the final email confirming all is done and submitted, but in a phone conversation with the bank president he confirmed it is in.  Now waiting ...

Good luck to all and thanks for the info in this thread.

Please let me know when you guys start to receive SBA loan confirmation numbers.  

How are you guys submitting the application and documents to the bank? Is there a way to upload the application on the bank's website? Or can you fill out the application online? All I see is the application form.

I'm with a smaller regional bank. Banker gave me the following response:

I wanted to give everyone a quick update (through this mass email) as to where things currently stand in this process.

If you are receiving this email, it means that you have been approved by the Bank in the Payment Protection Program.  Your request was subsequently submitted to SBA and an authorization has been obtained by the Bank (e-tran number).  This authorization reserves the funds with the SBA for your company.

Next question:   When will I have the funds in my account? 

In addition to continuing to work on applications that continue to come in, we are working now on the funding side of things.  This involves certain due diligence items that we must do as a Bank (albeit less than what we would normally do) when funding a loan.  These are basic things we have to do as a fraud prevention tool.  The Bank’s attorney has prepared a set of loan documents that we intend to use for this program.  They are currently with the SBA for their approval.  We hope to have that back in the next day or so.  Unfortunately that’s all I have at this point in time.  As I hear more, I will relay this out. 

How are you guys submitting the application and documents to the bank? Is there a way to upload the application on the bank's website? Or can you fill out the application online? All I see is the application form.
I filled out an application on my banks website. Part of the application involved uploading the form.

Hello ,

Thank you for submitting your online Paycheck Protection Program application with TCF Bank.  We have received your application and will be in contact with you shortly via email regarding next steps in the loan process.   If there is any additional information needed you will hear from your relationship manager. 

If you have any additional questions or documents to share please email:  Businessbanksupport@tcfbank.com

Your application reference number to use when calling is APP-0000xxxxx.

If you have specific questions regarding these loans, contact the SBA by email at answerdesk@sba.gov or by phone at 1.800.827.5722.

Thank you,

TCF Bank

I'm stuck in what US Bank calls stage 2 - review of initial application. Been there since Sunday. Step 3 (if it comes before the money is gone) will be uploading documents...

Step 1 - Initial application and certification (DONE)

Step 2 - Application review (I am HERE)

Step 3 - Document submission

Step 4 - Payroll Review

Step 5 - Submittal to SBA

Step 6 - E-Signing

Step 7 - Dispersal

I'm stuck in what US Bank calls stage 2 - review of initial application. Been there since Sunday. Step 3 (if it comes before the money is gone) will be uploading documents...

Step 1 - Initial application and certification (DONE)

Step 2 - Application review (I am HERE)

Step 3 - Document submission

Step 4 - Payroll Review

Step 5 - Submittal to SBA

Step 6 - E-Signing

Step 7 - Dispersal
We have over 20,000 applications and each one needs manual eligibility certification, backed with a lender application that goes to the SBA.  You are ineligible if you answered yes to     1,2,5 or 6 on the app.  also, loans are being rounded down to the nearest even 100.  so, an app for 18,193 is 18,100, etc.  We are also eyeballing 941s and doing light math.  Should finish by next July.

We have over 20,000 applications and each one needs manual eligibility certification, backed with a lender application that goes to the SBA.  You are ineligible if you answered yes to     1,2,5 or 6 on the app.  also, loans are being rounded down to the nearest even 100.  so, an app for 18,193 is 18,100, etc.  We are also eyeballing 941s and doing light math.  Should finish by next July.
GB you. I hope my bank is running at least a little ahead of your schedule though.

Question - Since this is federal money, not bank money, and thus no bank fear the money won't be repaid, shouldn't this be more of a rubber stamp? As in, I submit a 1099- Misc and my name, social, and EIN matches both the support doc(s) provided and application, as well as that which the bank already has on file. The 1099-Misc shows the income I'm basing my request off of. Shouldn't confirming the identity of the requester and the income verification be about a 5 minute process? Maybe it is but when 20,000 applications have to be given a once over, I guess it all depends on how many people are doing the reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:
GB you. I hope my bank is running at least a little ahead of your schedule though.

Question - Since this is federal money, not bank money, and thus no bank fear the money won't be repaid, shouldn't this be more of a rubber stamp? As in, I submit a 1099- Misc and my name, social, and EIN matches both the support doc(s) provided and application, as well as that which the bank already has on file. The 1099-Misc shows the income I'm basing my request off of. Shouldn't confirming the identity of the requester and the income verification be about a 5 minute process? Maybe it is but when 20,000 applications have to be given a once over, I guess it all depends on how many people are doing the reviews.
Bank = Regulations.  We must adhere to KYC/AML and get Beneficial Owner Certifications.  Vet people arent terrorists, of course (gb the Patriot Act).  Also, the word being used is certifying.  No one internally has given me much air cover about what happens if i certify something that may be fishy, so i'm not letting things go too easily and will deny if an initial looks wrong.  There are alot of places for an error to be made.  Also, that lender form that goes to the SBA is no easy peezy.  Plus, you need to navigate the clunky loan system and force round pegs into squar holes.  I would say it can take around 15-30 minutes to certify 1 app.  Say we have 30,000.  900,000 man hours.  37,500 days, if we are working round the clock.  102 years cant be right, can it?  Well, 1 person...

Bank = Regulations.  We must adhere to KYC/AML and get Beneficial Owner Certifications.  Vet people arent terrorists, of course (gb the Patriot Act).  Also, the word being used is certifying.  No one internally has given me much air cover about what happens if i certify something that may be fishy, so i'm not letting things go too easily and will deny if an initial looks wrong.  There are alot of places for an error to be made.  Also, that lender form that goes to the SBA is no easy peezy.  Plus, you need to navigate the clunky loan system and force round pegs into squar holes.  I would say it can take around 15-30 minutes to certify 1 app.  Say we have 30,000.  900,000 man hours.  37,500 days, if we are working round the clock.  102 years cant be right, can it?  Well, 1 person...
Very helpful and enlightening, thank you. I haven't raised hell with my bank or anything, but this definitely earned them more patience from me.

So I submitted my application for 2 companies yesterday afternoon, just got email tonight both loans were approved. Now we see how long to see funds. Hope you guys are hanging in there!

So I submitted my application for 2 companies yesterday afternoon, just got email tonight both loans were approved. Now we see how long to see funds. Hope you guys are hanging in there!
Approved by your bank?   Or approved by SBA with an SBA loan confirmation number?

Big difference.  Sound like 99.9% of businesses haven’t achieved the latter. 

One said:
Approved by your bank?   Or approved by SBA with an SBA loan confirmation number?

Big difference.  Sound like 99.9% of businesses haven’t achieved the latter. 
You are probably right, so far it’s just an email from my lender I’m approved and that I will be provided loan documents next week. 

• Smile
Reactions: One
It seems that those with existing relationships with the banks are getting loans approved the fastest.  That makes sense and it's not eve been a week yet.

The loan program seems to be working pretty well. 

Got an update from our banker this AM. Said they spent the day yesterday working through the settlement process with some of their first applications. Said we'll receive a lengthy email when we're next in line for settlement and we will have 48-hours to respond. Once we respond to this email and accept the terms (standard and set by the SBA), the settlement team will prepare our documents and they "aim to have the loan closed and fully funded withing 5 business days of acceptance". The loan will close via email and be funded the same day. Signed docs can be dropped off or mailed. He said they haven't had any loans actually book and fund yet, so he couldn't say for certain how long this process may take.

tldr - Hurry up and wait.

Capital one's application is still not up yet. I dont do business with any other bank. I need to start calling around to see who might be able to help me. Pissed, been with Cap1 since my business started. 

• Sad
My group has been tasked with helping the bank push thru the log jam of applications we received.  My group is about 120 people deep, but about 70 do what i do.  On my call this morning was the top of the shop, the CEO.  Pretty amazing given the size of our organization.  Thanked us and said he believes only 2.5 billion is spoken for, thinks numbers are inflated, as SBA "has 4 guys working on a 1970s Cobalt computer".  Biggest 20 banks talk amongst themselves and used the 2.5bill number, but he also stated even if this round of money runs out, he is confident congress will act on another round of funding.  Said we are ahead of others, as we have better internal loan processing software.  Some other comments, but that's the jist.

https://sbagovrelief.org/

I called US Bank and they said that they are accepting applications from non members. Also non-member processing time is behind members, but only by a day or so. 

My group has been tasked with helping the bank push thru the log jam of applications we received.  My group is about 120 people deep, but about 70 do what i do.  On my call this morning was the top of the shop, the CEO.  Pretty amazing given the size of our organization.  Thanked us and said he believes only 2.5 billion is spoken for, thinks numbers are inflated, as SBA "has 4 guys working on a 1970s Cobalt computer".  Biggest 20 banks talk amongst themselves and used the 2.5bill number, but he also stated even if this round of money runs out, he is confident congress will act on another round of funding.  Said we are ahead of others, as we have better internal loan processing software.  Some other comments, but that's the jist.
was on a call with my congressman the other day and he assured everyone that the 2nd round of funding will be coming. 

Can I ask, without getting too specific, why big banks like mine—capital one—are so behind on opening up applications? I wouldn't be so worried if most banks were not limiting their applications to current clients, but that seems to be the norm. So how is it that banks with tons of businesses are just flat out not participating or slow to act? 

was on a call with my congressman the other day and he assured everyone that the 2nd round of funding will be coming. 

Can I ask, without getting too specific, why big banks like mine—capital one—are so behind on opening up applications? I wouldn't be so worried if most banks were not limiting their applications to current clients, but that seems to be the norm. So how is it that banks with tons of businesses are just flat out not participating or slow to act? 
Technology is the simple answer.  If you dont have the infrastructure in place, you cant handle this.

• Smile
thanks...but I could see my local credit union, but a mega bank like Cap1? 
They’re not yet ready to accept applications six days after others began processing them?  Oof.  Its honestly unacceptable and something that would have me switching banks at the earliest opportunity (which is hopefully after they get you a PPP loan).  GL.

Go open a business DDA account at PNC and sign up for online banking.  Then go to the portal and apply.  You'll probably be in the queue same day.

Go open a business DDA account at PNC and sign up for online banking.  Then go to the portal and apply.  You'll probably be in the queue same day.
I dont have any branches near me, but I might consider dropping a few bucks in there just to try it. Is that who you work for? (you dont have to answer if you prefer to keep it a secret) 

Got an update from our banker this AM. Said they spent the day yesterday working through the settlement process with some of their first applications. Said we'll receive a lengthy email when we're next in line for settlement and we will have 48-hours to respond. Once we respond to this email and accept the terms (standard and set by the SBA), the settlement team will prepare our documents and they "aim to have the loan closed and fully funded withing 5 business days of acceptance". The loan will close via email and be funded the same day. Signed docs can be dropped off or mailed. He said they haven't had any loans actually book and fund yet, so he couldn't say for certain how long this process may take.

tldr - Hurry up and wait.
Got the email that we were approved by SBA. Replied that we accepted the proposed loan. According to them, we should receive funds in the next 5 business days. Timing couldn't be better. Our 8-week clock starts as soon as we get the money.  :thumbup:

Got the email that we were approved by SBA. Replied that we accepted the proposed loan. According to them, we should receive funds in the next 5 business days. Timing couldn't be better. Our 8-week clock starts as soon as we get the money.  :thumbup:
Can you defer the loan until you are ready to open or start the clock later?  

Can you defer the loan until you are ready to open or start the clock later?  
Short answer is no.  Read #20 in FAQ here.

20. Question: The amount of forgiveness of a PPP loan depends on the borrower’s payroll costs over an eight-week period; when does that eight-week period begin?

Answer: The eight-week period begins on the date the lender makes the first disbursement of the PPP loan to the borrower. The lender must make the first disbursement of the loan no later than ten calendar days from the date of loan approval.

• Thanks
I put out a tweet today asking Cap1 why they were taking so long. I got a reply from a reporter from the Washington Business Journal asking to be interviewed for his story. We had a quick call and he featured me in it. 

Its most likely behind a pay wall.  but if you subscribe have at it.   

I'll post the text. 

Capital One still not yet accepting applications for SBA's Paycheck Protection Program

Nearly one week after the uneven rollout of the Small Business Administration’s Paycheck Protection Program, banking giant Capital One Financial Corp. has yet to start accepting loan applications — an outlier of sorts in that respect.

The McLean bank, which reported about $375 billion in assets at the end of 2019, said early on in the process it was testing a small number of digital apps to enable more electronic document uploads and that it anticipated being able to accept applications online “shortly,” though no timeline was given. The loans are part of the $349 billion Paycheck Protection Program, which offers forgivable loans to businesses and was first authorized as part of the $2.2 trillion CARES Act passed by Congress in late March to deal with the economic damage associated with the spread of the novel coronavirus.

But Capital One customers have expressed their dismay at the company's delay.

“We're working around the clock to finalize our digital app process for the Paycheck Protection Program to ensure it's fully functional and compliant & anticipate being able to accept applications online shortly,” Capital One (NYSE: COF) said in a response to one angry customer's tweet Thursday afternoon.

The company, on its website, also asked for customers to be patient. "To ensure your application is received and processed as expeditiously and accurately as possible, we ask that you wait for the digital application process to be up and running before submitting your information," the bank said on its website. "We ask that you not go to a branch or contact our call center regarding the Paycheck Protection Program, as applications will need to be submitted online."  

In response to questions for this story, the bank provided a statement that mirrors what it also states on its website. That statement is below.

In the meantime, however, the lack of information and delays have been frustrating for the bank's customers, said Keith Groshans, owner of design studio Rocket Juiced Studio, a digital communications services firm based in Long Island, New York. The first-come, first-serve nature of the PPP loans means the clock is ticking on the funding, regardless of whether Congress authorizes more money. Many banks offering PPP loans are also prioritizing their own customers first, making it difficult to approach or cold-call new banks.

He said he has been refreshing Capital One's website every hour for updates from the company, adding that he expects more from the company given its size and scale than he would from smaller financial institutions.

“I could understand if I was going through my local credit union,” Groshans said in an interview. “For Capital One to not have any information for when they expect it to roll it out is concerning, because I want to be sure I get in before it runs out of money.”

Groshans said he might end up switching to another bank that would let him into the program if Capital One “continues to drag its feet.” That's despite the fact that he's been otherwise happy with Capital One's overall performance and service for the past 10 years that he's been its customer.

Capital One's delay in accepting applications increasingly makes it an outlier in spite of the rocky rollout of the PPP program. Thus far, a wide spectrum of banks had begun accepting loan applications for the program, from large banks such as Bank of America Corp. (NYSE: BAC) and JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), to regional banks such as Atlantic Union Bank (NASDAQ: AUB) to small banks such as Tysons Old Dominion National Bank. Wells Fargo & Co. (NYSE: WFC), one of the nation's largest SBA lenders, almost immediately hit its $10 billion lending cap, but then saw that cap lifted Wednesday by regulators to account for the high demand among its customer base.

Here is Capital One's full statement, which refers customers back to its website:

"We understand this is an extraordinarily difficult time for many of our business customers. We are working around the clock to finalize our digital application process for the new Small Business Administration (SBA) Paycheck Protection Program to ensure that it is fully functional and compliant. We are currently testing the effectiveness of our submission process with a small number of existing business banking customers. We anticipate being able to accept applications online shortly. 

To ensure applications are received and processed as expeditiously and accurately as possible, we ask that businesses wait for the digital application process to be up and running before submitting any information. We also request that customers do not go to a branch or contact our call center regarding the Paycheck Protection Program, as applications will need to be submitted online.  

Please note that business owners who apply for a Paycheck Protection Program Loan through Capital One must have a business banking relationship with us as of February 15, 2020. For businesses who are not an existing Capital One customer, we encourage them to contact their primary bank for support with the Paycheck Protection Program.

Business owners will also need to meet the requirements provided by the SBA to be eligible for these loans, and provide all necessary information and documentation. Please reference this SBA page for additional details on eligibility."

Meanwhile Capital One's customers are piling onto Twitter to air their complaints.

Users who are viewing this thread