What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Small Business Support Group (1 Viewer)

As an update to what I posted when this thread first started (trying to get unemployment as someone self-employed), have they ever screwed the pooch here in NH. I applied for unemployment when they passed the Federal CARES Act the last week of March. To summarize, I have applied weekly for 4 weeks and the system is so antiquated that they haven't figured out a way to incorporate the self-employed yet. They keep changing the basic information they want filled out on their online forms, and every time they change it, it voids any prior weekly claims that were filed by that applicant. They haven't automated the financial verification process, so their workers still have to build claims manually. I spent 2 hours on hold and finally got to talk to a volunteer today, who basically took down my information down and said hopefully someone will call me eventually.

Another issue is the state hasn't received the money from the feds, so self-employed people are out of luck (and people can't get their extra $600 a week). On top of that, the state legislature is now fighting over how the funds are to be disbursed, so even if the money were in the state treasury, they wouldn't be able to distribute it because of their bickering. So bottom line, I have not received a dime (nor have many other people). The soonest they are reporting the state would receive the money and be able to start paying it out would be for the week of 4/20 . . . which means they wouldn't start giving the money out until the week after that (so 2 weeks from today).

On top of that, there are still unable to tell people if they even qualify, how much they would get, when they will actually get the money, and how many weeks of retroactive money they would dole out. What a cluster.

This will be me if I don't get some money soon . . . SNL Link.

Now I'm reading Kabbage.com isn't even approved yet. They're just taking applications if/when they're approved. WTF!! Paypal and Intuit supposed to be taking applications but neither site up and running yet.

Hawks64 said:
Here's a tip for that stuff... add a "." after .com and before the "/" for any paywall site.

So it would look like this, www.nytimes.com./ The links aren't clickable like normal so I just copy and paste and add in the "."
Just tried this on a LA Times story I've been trying to read since yesterday and it worked. Big thanks!

I got approved today 525/38

We are close with our personal banker, she can't service us but we are a good client.  They needed the PPP signed by an officer and asked me to fixed that and we did.  

I filled out the EIDL 4 times now due to changes in the law, I did it online, that was scrapped, uploaded an ton of documents 2 other times and again today because they asked but have no idea if I needed to resubmit or not.  I was on top of my game for my company but they were not ready at sba, which I understand.

I got approved today 525/38

We are close with our personal banker, she can't service us but we are a good client.  They needed the PPP signed by an officer and asked me to fixed that and we did.  

I filled out the EIDL 4 times now due to changes in the law, I did it online, that was scrapped, uploaded an ton of documents 2 other times and again today because they asked but have no idea if I needed to resubmit or not.  I was on top of my game for my company but they were not ready at sba, which I understand.
I'm gonna punt on the EIDL if we are approved.  The $1K per employee limit and needing to net with PPP makes it not worth it now for a smaller company like mine.

I'm gonna punt on the EIDL if we are approved.  The $1K per employee limit and needing to net with PPP makes it not worth it now for a smaller company like mine.
Don't PPP is basically for payroll.  If you get a EIDL, they will give you the loan minus, the PPP.  You still never pay back PPP, and still get a low interest loan at worse.

I applied 2 1/2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Something changed? I need to file again?

I applied 2 1/2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Something changed? I need to file again?
Same boat here.  I got the feeling my bank was overwhelmed.  My banker tells me they have my info, I have an application number, but that's all we have for now.

Isn't the bold only applicable to the initial EIDL 'grant', not the actual loan amount?

I just got this email:

Dear Applicant,

On March 29, 2020, following the passage of the CARES Act, the SBA provided small business owners and non-profits impacted by COVID-19 with the opportunity to obtain up to a $10,000 Advance on their Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL). The Advance is available as part of the full EIDL application and will be transferred into the account you provide shortly after your application is submitted. To ensure that the greatest number of applicants can receive assistance during this challenging time, the amount of your Advance will be determined by the number of your pre-disaster (i.e., as of January 31, 2020) employees. The Advance will provide $1,000 per employee up to a maximum of $10,000.
So this means the self-employed can only get a $1,000 EIDL advance? Brutal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I'm reading Kabbage.com isn't even approved yet. They're just taking applications if/when they're approved. WTF!! Paypal and Intuit supposed to be taking applications but neither site up and running yet.
really? unreal. A buddy applied though Kabbage, but IDK if he is aware of that they are not approved yet.

They emailed me I needed to file again.  I wouldn't think so unless you were contacted.  There were 3.5 million number difference from my last confirmation number too the recent one.

Reading that Paypal is processing PPP loans quickly so I just applied. This is the 3rd application I've filled out. As long as I don't accept/sign for more than one loan I'm not going to be flagged for fraud, correct? If approved I still need to accept and sign documents before they submit the loan, yes? Hoping 3rd time is the charm.

Reading that Paypal is processing PPP loans quickly so I just applied. This is the 3rd application I've filled out. As long as I don't accept/sign for more than one loan I'm not going to be flagged for fraud, correct? If approved I still need to accept and sign documents before they submit the loan, yes? Hoping 3rd time is the charm.
I resorted to this as well. I have no idea what the ramifications are in doing this, but I have a feeling Chase boned us with PPP, which isn't really surprising. These relief programs would really help us out, but I feel my business is being passed over or slipping through the cracks despite excellent credit, paying our taxes, following the rules on the applications, etc. Still hoping for the best, but have a feeling relief isn't coming our way. I did email my State rep with my concerns. Not really sure what more I can do at this point.

I resorted to this as well. I have no idea what the ramifications are in doing this, but I have a feeling Chase boned us with PPP, which isn't really surprising. These relief programs would really help us out, but I feel my business is being passed over or slipping through the cracks despite excellent credit, paying our taxes, following the rules on the applications, etc. Still hoping for the best, but have a feeling relief isn't coming our way. I did email my State rep with my concerns. Not really sure what more I can do at this point.
Day 15 and nothing from Capital one. I applied through Kabbage, but I doubt there will be money left by the time it is processed. 

So flipping angry right now. 

Day 15 and nothing from Capital one. I applied through Kabbage, but I doubt there will be money left by the time it is processed. 

Sorry man.  I'm hopeful they will top this account up to make sure those who apply and qualify can get it.  Keep trying.  

Yeah I haven't heard from Chase either, nor has my buddy that applied through them on the 4th (I applied on the 7th).  Very disconcerting when I have contacts who applied through a small Northwest bank two days ago and funded today...

Try Paypal.
went there 1st and after i filled out the app I got a message saying there was a problem with their systems and to call a number....which of course went straight to a busy signal. 

I ended up going to Kabbage which was very easy, so fingers crossed. 

The second I can walk into a bank branch again, i'm pulling all my accounts with CapOne

To those having issues,

I’m going to suggest you seek out a small, reasonably local SBA-approved lender, and get in touch with them.  You may still end up in line behind a couple hundred of their customers, but you’ll likely be able to speak with an actual human being who may give half a #### about your situation and be willing to be honest with you.  At least that’s the route I’d take vs hoping I make it through a Chase, CapOne, or Kabbage.  Through those I’d be worried about my app falling into the abyss if there’s anything wrong with it.

Wishing you all the best of luck as this is stressful enough as is.

To those having issues,

I’m going to suggest you seek out a small, reasonably local SBA-approved lender, and get in touch with them.  You may still end up in line behind a couple hundred of their customers, but you’ll likely be able to speak with an actual human being who may give half a #### about your situation and be willing to be honest with you.  At least that’s the route I’d take vs hoping I make it through a Chase, CapOne, or Kabbage.  Through those I’d be worried about my app falling into the abyss if there’s anything wrong with it.

unfortunately I don't have many small banks near me that are participating. I have a friend at one of the very few and even she said she has not seen a single application processed there yet. We personally bank at a local credit union and they are not participating. 

unfortunately I don't have many small banks near me that are participating. I have a friend at one of the very few and even she said she has not seen a single application processed there yet. We personally bank at a local credit union and they are not participating. 
Then I’d start calling some that aren’t local.  I’d almost guarantee you’ll end up finding one that may help you out, or at least provide a timeline behind when they may be able to process your application.   :thumbup:

To those having issues,

Forgive my ignorance, because it's legitimate ignorance.  My understanding from Chase is I already signed everything electronically.  So once I'm approved the funds would automatically be added to my account.  A couple of users in this thread made it sound that way as well.  Am I incorrect?

I'd hate to have it funded and have another loan coming from another bank...

Forgive my ignorance, because it's legitimate ignorance.  My understanding from Chase is I already signed everything electronically.  So once I'm approved the funds would automatically be added to my account.  A couple of users in this thread made it sound that way as well.  Am I incorrect?

I'd hate to have it funded and have another loan coming from another bank...
You signed what electronically?  Your application?  Or the loan documents from Chase?  My process went like this:

1. Submit signed loan application and supporting docs to Lender.

2. Lender reviewed and approved.

3. Lender submitted to SBA for approval.

4. SBA provides approval to Lender (this secures your piece of the PPP pool).

5. Lender has 10 calendar days from #4 to execute loan documents with you and send funding (or at least a portion of it).

6. Issuance of funding in #5 starts your 8 week debt forgiveness period.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
You signed what electronically?  Your application?  Or the loan documents from Chase?  My process went like this:

5. Lender has 10 calendar days from #4 to execute loan documents with you and send funding (or at least a portion of it).

GOtcha, thanks.  Yes I signed the app not loan docs electronically.

Same here with us.  Nothing but emails telling us the response was overwhelming and they are trying to ramp up to meet the demand.

I recieved this as an answer to the letter I wrote my congressman:

Good Afternoon,

We received your message about your bank not being ready to assist with the PPP.  Have they responded to you yet?  I know there were some last minute changes to the program ahead of the initial opening of applications, but this should all be resolved by now.  If you haven’t heard from them, we’d like to know so we can follow up.

Thanks,

Xxxxxx  xxxxxxx

Deputy District Director

Congressman xxxxx xxxxxx

2. Lender reviewed and approved. Certified

3. Lender submitted to SBA for approval. - VIA ETRAN

4. SBA provides approval to Lender (this secures your piece of the PPP pool). -- Registration Number

i changed a couple of things, but you are pretty accurate.  I have been on this project basically 24/7.  My bank just offered us OT to work our App back log.

for my real job, 9 of my customers submitted PPP Apps, pretty much 4/4 weekend.  Today, 1/9 got their docs esigned.  2 others are registered and waiting docs, the other 6 are in the registration queue.  We still have around 50k or so Apps to certify.

Chase came through! Applied April 6. No communication after that other than application was received. Emails to my personal banker not returned. Last night at 10:30 pm an email that loan was approved and funds deposited this morning. This will really help us for the next couple of months. 

📷Sahil Kapur@sahilkapur · NEW statement from @SBAgov: “The SBA is currently unable to accept new applications for the Paycheck Protection Program based on available appropriations funding. Similarly, we are unable to enroll new PPP lenders at this time.”

• Sad
Reactions: Ned

Chase came through! Applied April 6. No communication after that other than application was received. Emails to my personal banker not returned. Last night at 10:30 pm an email that loan was approved and funds deposited this morning. This will really help us for the next couple of months. 
You didn't have to sign more docs, as in step 5 of the post quoted with yours?  Money was just dumped in?

I mean, they’re almost certainly going to add more funding to the Paycheck Protection Program.  But the first $350B lasted what, ten days? And there’s no shortage of small businesses that still need money.

I hope nobody took the advice of whatever poster was in here advising to wait to apply until closer to June.  No freaking way I’m risking waiting and hoping there’s money miraculously left two months from now.

Users who are viewing this thread