Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
JohnnyU

Democrats block Senate CV Stimulus Package

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, caustic said:

This is looking pretty good!

Leigh Ann Caldwell @LACaldwellDC

NEW: The latest Coronavirus stimulus (wh/ are changes from the original proposal):

- At least $100 billion for hospitals

- Unemployment insurance benefits expansion for 100% of salary for 4 months

- No phase-in of direct payments for lower income people. ($1200/person;$500/kid)

8:58 AM · Mar 24, 2020

Why not just a boatload more of the bolded?  Give the money to those who are out of work.  Or is that too simple?  Corporations can cut expenses through layoffs, which helps to keep the corporations afloat.  The layoffs lead to ..more unemployment benefits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timschochet said:

I just heard an interview with her. She sounded great as usual but exhausted. Far too many people depend on her in these situations and she always comes through. One of our great heroes for sure. 

You need to raise your bar with respect to the word "hero" here.  Just the bits and pieces I have been able to accumulate regarding bill proposals is disgusting.  She's no better than McConnell in that regard.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, themeanmachine said:

Mark Cuban's reply to back and forth twitter bickering between Schumer and Cornyn:

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1242441662208622594

Mark Cuban @mcuban

BOTH OF YOU NEED TO DO YOUR ******* JOB! @SenSchumer, stop kissing progressive ***. We can't solve every problem in this deal  @JohnCornyn, stop kissing big corporate ***. They don't need buybacks or exec bonuses. They have no choice but to take any deal they can get.

Mark Cuban @mcuban

The economy is crashing and people are getting sick and dying because you 2 hard ***** think your agendas are bigger than the health and future of the American people. They are not. There is no perfect deal. TIME IS OUR ENEMY. Get this done today !

I wish we had elected a business person that was actually successful and self made.  I'm not saying that just because Mark and I go way back like car seats.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

After this debacle I  pretty confident that I will be voting against all incumbents at both the house and Senate level this November. What a disgrace. 

I've been doing that for a long time.  It was faulty logic though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

After this debacle I  pretty confident that I will be voting against all incumbents at both the house and Senate level this November. What a disgrace. 

I won't say all...but yeah, most of them that supported this crap...none of them will get my vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Democrats impeach Trump for withholding aid to Ukraine.

Now Democrats are withholding aid to Americans.

Disgusting.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sneegor said:

Democrats impeach Trump for withholding aid to Ukraine.

Now Democrats are withholding aid to Americans.

Disgusting.

BILLS MUST START IN THE HOUSE. Not the Senate.

Republicans are withholding aid from Americans!

Pass the house bill already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

After this debacle I  pretty confident that I will be voting against all incumbents at both the house and Senate level this November. What a disgrace. 

EVERYONE needs to do this. How can you people continue to vote these losers in???

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The Commish said:

You need to raise your bar with respect to the word "hero" here.  Just the bits and pieces I have been able to accumulate regarding bill proposals is disgusting.  She's no better than McConnell in that regard.

Both of them laugh together behind closed doors at the saps that continue to vote them in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm good with this one: In the latest 1,404-page draft, U.S. residents would receive $1,500 per person, though individuals with an income greater than $75,000 and couples with an income greater than $150,000 would have to repay the funds. About time I fell into the group that benefits the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sneegor said:

Democrats impeach Trump for withholding aid to Ukraine.

Now Democrats are withholding aid to Americans.

Disgusting.

Awful analogy...also, Republicans are also doing the same thing.  0/10  poor attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, lod001 said:

I'm good with this one: In the latest 1,404-page draft, U.S. residents would receive $1,500 per person, though individuals with an income greater than $75,000 and couples with an income greater than $150,000 would have to repay the funds. About time I fell into the group that benefits the most.

Adjusted gross income, presumably?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lod001 said:

I'm good with this one: In the latest 1,404-page draft, U.S. residents would receive $1,500 per person, though individuals with an income greater than $75,000 and couples with an income greater than $150,000 would have to repay the funds. About time I fell into the group that benefits the most.

On its face, that doesn't make a lot of sense for those $150K+  It's not a ton of money that is going to mean much to them over the course of the year.  Why even bother such a frivolous loan?  Seems like the paperwork/staff to keep track of that would cost way more than the monies allocated.  

Edited by The Commish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sneegor said:

Democrats impeach Trump for withholding aid to Ukraine.

Now Democrats are withholding aid to Americans.

Disgusting.

:confused:

Didn't the house pass the bill onto the Senate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sneegor said:

Democrats impeach Trump for withholding aid to Ukraine.

Now Democrats are withholding aid to Americans.

Disgusting.

So I guess the trolling is back.  There is nothing productive about moving the conversation with this post.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Commish said:

On its face, that doesn't make a lot of sense for those $150K+  It's not a ton of money that is going to mean much to them over the course of the year.  Why even bother such a frivolous loan?  Seems like the paperwork/staff to keep track of that would cost way more than the monies allocated.  

It actually does make sense.  We don't know yet who will/won't make $150K+ in 2020.  If you base it on 2018 returns (the most recent), you will be well off the mark, especially considering all the people who already have or will lose their jobs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rich Conway said:

It actually does make sense.  We don't know yet who will/won't make $150K+ in 2020.  If you base it on 2018 returns (the most recent), you will be well off the mark, especially considering all the people who already have or will lose their jobs.

hmmm....I guess I made WAAAAAY to many logical assumptions....good point.  fortunately for us, my wife and I are safe as far as jobs go.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

It actually does make sense.  We don't know yet who will/won't make $150K+ in 2020.  If you base it on 2018 returns (the most recent), you will be well off the mark, especially considering all the people who already have or will lose their jobs.

Good point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, greenroom said:

So I guess the trolling is back.  There is nothing productive about moving the conversation with this post.  

Better off not even quoting them, something that I also need to do.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Is my check on the way yet?

Yes, they are printing the money as we speak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Is my check on the way yet?

Yes. You may have to pay it back though :oldunsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Man In The Box said:

Yes. You may have to pay it back though :oldunsure:

Do we have details on that? Is it everyone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Do we have details on that? Is it everyone? 

No just making a jab based on rumors. It’s all speculation until we see the finished product. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, greenroom said:

So I guess the trolling is back.  There is nothing productive about moving the conversation with this post.  

Since when is the truth considered "trolling"?

When it doesn't align with the narrative?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, rustycolts said:

She is as far from a hero as a person can get.

She and Schumer are quite putrid, in fact.  This country would be better off with them gone (out of office).  That's not even debatable.

The Democrats holding this bill up so they can start the Supermarket Socialism Sweepstakes is beyond disgusting.  Maybe if we said this bill was to help ONLY illegal immigrants the Democrats would have passed it no questions asked. 

Everyone needs to remember this the next time the Democrats say they're fighting for you.  They're not.  People are suffering and they're playing games.  Absolutely unforgivable.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

She and Schumer are quite putrid, in fact.  This country would be better off with them gone.  That's not even debatable.

The Democrats holding this bill up so they can start the Supermarket Socialism Sweepstakes is beyond disgusting.

I keep hearing this....didn't they pass the bill on to the Senate?  I'm pretty sure they did.

I DO appreciate you finally acknowledging that this bill is "socialism" as you guys define it...that's progress  :thumbup: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I keep hearing this....didn't they pass the bill on to the Senate?  I'm pretty sure they did.

I DO appreciate you finally acknowledging that this bill is "socialism" as you guys define it...that's progress  :thumbup: 

You've completely made something up, attributed it to ME saying it and then argued against that.   You can do better.  Be better.

And I'm pretty sure you have no idea what "Socialism" means.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, timschochet said:

I just heard an interview with her. She sounded great as usual but exhausted. Far too many people depend on her in these situations and she always comes through. One of our great heroes for sure. 

You serious Clark? 
 

One of our great heroes?
 

:lmao:

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2020 at 2:25 PM, squistion said:

Like 9/11?  Oh, wait...

yes, if GOP tried to add a bunch of stuff in a 9-11 bill, and kept aid from being distributed because of it ?   absolutely the same thing

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, timschochet said:

I just heard an interview with her. She sounded great as usual but exhausted. Far too many people depend on her in these situations and she always comes through. One of our great heroes for sure. 

@greenroom

How come you didn't highlight this obvious troll post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, fruity pebbles said:

Tuesday.....still not passed. Take your time, no rush. 

lemme guess.. as part of the coronovirus relief they want to give unions unlimited bargaining power?  Because that's what we need now to combat this virus.  Let's hold the bill up until we can reshape America into the image the Democrats want.  

Can't let a good pandemic go to waste.

Edited by BladeRunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sneegor said:

@greenroom

How come you didn't highlight this obvious troll post?

This isn't a troll post. If you know anything about Tim from his posts here it is he absolutely loves Nancy Pelosi. If she was younger I am sure he would lead a very vocal charge for her to be the President someday. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, msudaisy26 said:

This isn't a troll post. If you know anything about Tim from his posts here it is he absolutely loves Nancy Pelosi. If she was younger I am sure he would lead a very vocal charge for her to be the President someday. 

Wow.  Is he related to her?  Did he lose a bet?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

This isn't a troll post. If you know anything about Tim from his posts here it is he absolutely loves Nancy Pelosi. If she was younger I am sure he would lead a very vocal charge for her to be the President someday. 

I only wish... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sneegor said:

Wow.  Is he related to her?  Did he lose a bet?  

Neither. She’s simply terrific. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It’s oddly comforting in this time of ever changing chaos to know that despite a world wide pandemic the likes of which none of us has ever seen that the right is going to blame the left and the Anti-Trumps are going to blame Trump.  Same as it ever was.  Don’t ever change PSF internet strangers/friends, don’t. ever. change.  

Edited by dkp993

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Neither. She’s simply terrific. 

Yes, she is! :pickle:

:goodposting: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Neither. She’s simply terrific. 

You have lost your mind.  she is one of the worst representatives this country has ever had.

The fact that she held up the bill for Corona virus funding and relief to try and implement her agenda shows you just how disgusting she really is.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

It’s oddly comforting in this time of ever changing chaos to know that despite a world wide pandemic the likes of which none of us has ever seen that the right is going to blame the left and the Anti-Trumps are going to blame Trump.  Same as it ever was.  Don’t ever change PSF internet strangers/friends, don’t. ever. change.  

ever since I've been here this forum has been nothing but right bashing. You think they're going to stop now?

We have no choice but to defend ourselves.  We must remain resolute!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Neither. She’s simply terrific. 

 

3 minutes ago, squistion said:

Yes, she is! :pickle:

:goodposting: 

Just......HEROIC!
 

A real treasure!

 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

 

Just......HEROIC!
 

A real treasure!

 

Yea in the bizzaro world.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rustycolts said:

Yea in the bizzaro world.

Sometimes I think that would be a great name for the subforum we are posting in

:yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The partisanship in here about Pelosi is hilarious. She isn't a hero or national treasure and she is not even in the same Galaxy as the worst representatives we have ever had. 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

ever since I've been here this forum has been nothing but right bashing. You think they're going to stop now?

We have no choice but to defend ourselves.  We must remain resolute!

When you’re on one side all you see is the other.   (*collective “you” not just you specifically)

Trust me pound for pound the right here is is every inch as culpable.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

The partisanship in here about Pelosi is hilarious. She isn't a hero or national treasure and she is not even in the same Galaxy as the worst representatives we have ever had. 

The irony is many of the people bashing the Pelosi love fest were hailing Paul Ryan as an all time great. The partisanship is of the charts around here.  With the failings of Congress over the past decade they all deserve to be forgotten as quickly as they leave. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

It’s oddly comforting in this time of ever changing chaos to know that despite a world wide pandemic the likes of which none of us has ever seen that the right is going to blame the left and the Anti-Trumps are going to blame Trump.  Same as it ever was.  Don’t ever change PSF internet strangers/friends, don’t. ever. change.  

Meh. Most of even the anti Trump crowd has said the house dem bill was bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

The partisanship in here about Pelosi is hilarious. She isn't a hero or national treasure and she is not even in the same Galaxy as the worst representatives we have ever had. 

Exactly. She is an effective speaker of the house though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.