What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most amoral/evil Sopranos character (1 Viewer)

Define worst/amoral as you life but going for which of the characters is the worst human being - not

• Tony

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • Tony's dad (Jonny Boy)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tony's Mom (Livia)

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Tony's wife (Carmela)

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Tony's uncle (Junior)

• Tony's son (AJ)

• Tony's cousin (Tony Blundetto)

• Tony's sister (Janice)

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Ralph Cifaretto

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • Christopher Moltisanti

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Paulie Walnuts

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Phil Leotardo

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Richie Aprile

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Jonny Sack

• Other (list stops at 15 and there may be more)

• Total voters
My first thought went to Raphie, but I voted Christopher. He has the drug addiction, general mafia killer, and was also a rat via his writing/acting desires. 
I think Christopher is a darkhorse. He had some redeeming moments - mainly some of the scenes with Adriana where he seemed to genuinely care for her and some of the scenes where he fought his substance abuse addiction. Of course, he also beat Adriana on a semi-regular basis and signed off on her murder. 

I think what made me dislike Chris so much was the way he treated laypersons. Particularly, he had that writer friend in the program that he just treated like pure dog#### (yes, the guy did delay on some payments but still). He kills him for no reason in one of the last few episodes - after the guy let him into his home to try to help Chris address his one of many backslides. Tony and some of the other guys seemed to really adhere to the unwritten rule that unless a civilian wrongs you that you leave them alone and/or treat them respectfully. Chris tried to sometimes - especially with the movie plotline - but couldn't ever really do it. And, instead, he treated them poorly (probably out of jealousy). 

I think Christopher is a darkhorse. He had some redeeming moments - mainly some of the scenes with Adriana where he seemed to genuinely care for her and some of the scenes where he fought his substance abuse addiction. Of course, he also beat Adriana on a semi-regular basis and signed off on her murder. 

I think what made me dislike Chris so much was the way he treated laypersons. Particularly, he had that writer friend in the program that he just treated like pure dog#### (yes, the guy did delay on some payments but still). He kills him for no reason in one of the last few episodes - after the guy let him into his home to try to help Chris address his one of many backslides. Tony and some of the other guys seemed to really adhere to the unwritten rule that unless a civilian wrongs you that you leave them alone and/or treat them respectfully. Chris tried to sometimes - especially with the movie plotline - but couldn't ever really do it. And, instead, he treated them poorly (probably out of jealousy). 
Let's not forget about him shooting that young worker in the foot at the bakery in Season 1. 

He indirectly admitted it before Tony killed him. 
Not really.  Joe Pantoliano even later said that he played the scene as if Ralph did not kill the horse.  Just because Tony suspected him, and that Ralph was a POS, doesn't mean he did it.  I don't think Ralph killed the horse; he just didn't give a crap about it dying.

Not really.  Joe Pantoliano even later said that he played the scene as if Ralph did not kill the horse.  Just because Tony suspected him, and that Ralph was a POS, doesn't mean he did it.  I don't think Ralph killed the horse; he just didn't give a crap about it dying.
I'm probably not remembering it correctly then but I think when he's saying "it's just a horse" he was basically admitting it. Admittedly it's open to interpretation.

I'm probably not remembering it correctly then but I think when he's saying "it's just a horse" he was basically admitting it. Admittedly it's open to interpretation.
I believe that Chase has said that he never told Joey Pants intentionally and there was basically no answer.  Because in the end whether he did it or not, he wouldn't care anyway and Tony hated him anywhere and would have looked for an excuse regardless.

He killed JT because he had admitted incriminating #### to him.

(not a defense, just saying not exactly for no reason)

also, i don't think that amoral is the same as evil.

amoral implies that you really have no idea what you are doing.  i think that would apply more to ralphie.

evil implies that you do know that it's wrong but do it anyway.  that would apply more to tony soprano.

amoral implies that you really have no idea what you are doing.  i think that would apply more to ralphie.

evil implies that you do know that it's wrong but do it anyway.  that would apply more to Livia soprano.
fixed. 

and agreed with your thoughts - was what i was trying to say in my earlier post about "Mrs. S" (maaaan did she work that stunod Artie from her hospital bed).

evil implies that you do know that it's wrong but do it anyway.  that would apply more to tony soprano.
Right and fair - which is why I left it opened. 

I think you're right though that if it was just limited to amoral that Ralphie wins. However, it seemed a big theme of the show (and ultimately what led to Dr. Malfie quitting) was whether Tony was a sociopath who couldn't be fixed. 

Anyone know why I am getting messages saying "Video unavailable.  This video is restricted. Try signing in with a G Suite account." when I try to watch a lot of youtube videos now (like the above)?

I voted Ralph - but thought Silvio should get a mention for one of the roughest hits in the show....
He had two of them - Adriana and then the wire strangle in one of the last few episodes. 

Silvio always seemed to have a code, though, and stuck to it. He only got nasty if somebody broke the code.  He was probably the only guy on the show who I think could have fit right in and excelled in a normal office environment. Consummate professional and measured in tough dilemmas - despite being capable of absolute ruthlessness. 

Last edited by a moderator:
that was just revenge on behalf of spider
Haha, 'it happens."

Right, I like that it was left open to interpretation. I don't think he killed the horse; others do.  None of us are wrong.

nahhh ... Phil was a calculating and ruthless player, but never really crossed the line with anyone who wasn't in the life - his schtick was par for the course.  
He did threaten to shove a walkman in Chrissy's mom's box...

I think he had been in prison for 20 years; if true, that probably explained some of his bitterness as well.
Correct - he wore that like a badge of honor and didn't really respect anybody who hadn't done a bunch of time. I think it was implied, too, that he got the 20 and didn't snitch (which likely would have given him an avenue to a reduced sentence). 

Users who are viewing this thread