What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Pence is a Good Dude (1 Viewer)

He has been good during this...but not sure how great of a dude he is given his stance social issues.  

He’s just a good dude. If he runs in 24’ after his 8 years of being VP I will probably support him over Haley.

The lies he's told will result in marginally fewer deaths than the lies Trump has told, so there is that.  But that's about it.

I left the GOP when it was infected by Trump in 2016, I cannot support any remaining GOP members who enabled President Trump including any that first criticized him and then decided to go with the old "if you can't beat him join him". But the worst were those like Pence that never did criticize.

I appreciate his demeanor through this but I just can’t get passed his sycophant ###-kissery of Trump.  It’s disturbing. 
This where I stand. Although, I think he and many others have realized if they want to be able to promote positive policies they have to genuflect to Trump. If they say Trump is doing a great job, then Trump will listen to them. It's quite straight forward and obvious how to manipulate the President. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't align with him on many issues, particularly on Social issues, however I just think he's been a great, necessary calming presence throughout this crisis.

This is the Mike Pence appreciation thread.
If you've got something real to say, say it.

If this is your idea to see how many people you can get to post something that gets them suspended, that's trolling and drop it now. 

Read up on the crap he has pulled in Indiana. Not a good dude. 
He was a fine governor.  The hatred he got was over the top.  He backed off the defense of marriage act and many of his positions he held in Congress were identical to the president at the time Bill Clinton.  But the left will never move on from their hatred.  Pense is a very reasonable and well spoken guy.  

If you've got something real to say, say it.

If this is your idea to see how many people you can get to post something that gets them suspended, that's trolling and drop it now. 
?  Just weird that this gets reported and gets this response.  How is that trolling?  Liking a competent individual who elevates the White House above what is normally spewed out.  Why is that trolling to appreciate such? 

He was a fine governor.  The hatred he got was over the top.  He backed off the defense of marriage act and many of his positions he held in Congress were identical to the president at the time Bill Clinton.  But the left will never move on from their hatred.  Pense is a very reasonable and well spoken guy.  
Bill Clinton was president in the 90's.  Pence moved right with the rest of his party afterwards, and was governor during the Tea Party era.  So you are comparing apples and oranges.

Bill Clinton was president in the 90's.  Pence moved right with the rest of his party afterwards, and was governor during the Tea Party era.  So you are comparing apples and oranges.
I thought Pence's time in Congress overlapped the Clinton presidency.  But he started right when Clinton left.  But still the same era and his views were mainstream at the time. 

I thought Pence's time in Congress overlapped the Clinton presidency.  But he started right when Clinton left.  But still the same era and his views were mainstream at the time. 
He was a talk radio guy while Clinton was president.  Perfect background, and his ascendancy since largely reflects the Republican party's increasing animosity toward serious governance at the federal level.

This is how much Trump has literally polluted the dignity of the office.  Being calm, deferring to the experts used to be the standard for our leaders.  Now you notice it and have to point it out

I don't align with him on many issues, particularly on Social issues, however I just think he's been a great, necessary calming presence throughout this crisis.

This is the Mike Pence appreciation thread.
I have something real to say and hope it pasts muster  with whoever the surly moderator was in here .

I don’t agree with him socially on  things but he seems like a good family guy . He’s also proven to be  a very loyal guy. I think you can disagree with someone and yet still point out positives. 

He’s also proven to be  a very loyal guy. 
Loyal is not the word for it. Fawning is probably better: 

under your magnificent leadership Mr President...only because of you sir, and the direction you’ve given this country...thanks to your tremendous concern for the public...all of America is grateful for everything you’ve done...” 

Etc etc. He seems to have done an OK job here (I can’t give him a good grade because the hospitals are being overwhelmed and I don’t know what his level of responsibility is for that) but I just can’t listen to the guy talk because of this nauseating praise that sounds like one of Josef Stalin’s cronies. 

Loyal is not the word for it. Fawning is probably better: 

under your magnificent leadership Mr President...only because of you sir, and the direction you’ve given this country...thanks to your tremendous concern for the public...all of America is grateful for everything you’ve done...” 

Etc etc. He seems to have done an OK job here (I can’t give him a good grade because the hospitals are being overwhelmed and I don’t know what his level of responsibility is for that) but I just can’t listen to the guy talk because of this nauseating praise that sounds like one of Josef Stalin’s cronies. 
We felt the same way about your Hillary posts.  :shrug:

No he wasn't. He tried to change the definition of rape, he tried to defund planned Parenthood, he said women didn't belong in the army, he said a women working stunted the growth of children. A lot of this while governor 20 years after Clinton. He is a dinosaur. Plus who cares about Clinton he is a scumbag too. I don't care if it was the 90's or not they were wrong for how they  treated the LGBTQ community then, whether it was common place or not. 

Last edited by a moderator:
And let's ignore his invoking Stalin into this.  
No let’s not. I did that for a reason. Trump bears no resemblance to Stalin whatsoever, but Pence’s praise of Trump is exactly like Molotov and others praise of Stalin- in fact it’s about the only good analogy that I can find. 

No let’s not. I did that for a reason. Trump bears no resemblance to Stalin whatsoever, but Pence’s praise of Trump is exactly like Molotov and others praise of Stalin- in fact it’s about the only good analogy that I can find. 
But there is a huge difference of kissing up to someone killing millions of people and kissing up to someone who makes dumb statements.   Pence took the job understanding how Trump was.   

He’s absolutely a better public speaker than Trump, but so is basically anyone. 
Exactly. Regardless of his past or current policy positions. He's what you'd expect to see from a leader or politician addressing the country at a time like this.  No bull####, no making up stories, no comments about the media, no lies, just be sincere, honest and give it to us straight.  

Exactly. Regardless of his past or current policy positions. He's what you'd expect to see from a leader or politician addressing the country at a time like this.  No bull####, no making up stories, no comments about the media, no lies, just be sincere, honest and give it to us straight.  
He’s a breath of fresh air in comparison to Trump. Honestly, as much as I’ve disliked the guy, I’d happily take him as POTUS over Trump.

Mike Pence and I were classmates for 12 years; I was at his house many times growing up, and knew him fairly well.  He comes from a solid upper-middle class family, and I think he's a good guy.  We haven't kept in touch the past 30 years, but I will say that I think he's changed a lot in terms of his religious fervor. We attended a Catholic 1-8 grade school, but sometime after high school, he was "born again" and that's been a huge part of his life and political style.  He was our high school class president, and the star of the speech team and debate club.  

Pence is doing a masterful job, really appreciate how he’s handling this. Always comes across well and does seem like a truly good dude. 

Users who are viewing this thread