Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sinn Fein

GOP Rep endangers lives of colleagues - while delaying Stimulus Bill

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, KiddLattimer said:

Blue no matter who!

One of the dumbest reasons ever to vote for someone.   And they complain about Trump voters.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

One of the dumbest reasons ever to vote for someone.   And they complain about Trump voters.

you understand this is a riff based on previously established ideology right?

Posted (edited)

AOC still living rent free in the heads of people who (I'm assuming) aren't her constituency.  People, there's a difference between what AOC has theorized and what this cat is doing.

Edited by Thunderlips
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I was being a wise###

Edited by KiddLattimer

4 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

AOC still living rent free in the heads of people who (I'm assuming) aren't her constituency.  People, there's a difference between what AOC has theorized and what this cat is doing.

Definitely reaching for a "both sides" argument with this one.

I would have some respect for what he is doing if he actually stated reasons.

Like I have serious issues with this bill. I want to discuss these issues in person so people can see and hear how serious and valid these concerns are. 

Oh look, AOC Massie is demanding a roll-call vote.

Congressional leaders scramble to derail Massie bid to drag out vote on $2T coronavirus bill

Congressional leaders scrambled Friday to stall a rogue GOP lawmaker's last-ditch attempt to force a prolonged, roll-call vote on the massive $2 trillion coronavirus response package, which is all but certain to pass in the end.

Thomas Massie, R-Ky., signaled Friday morning that he would indeed demand a roll-call vote.

Once again, no mention of AOC. I'm sure they're just trying for a "gotcha".

looking for some background

where exactly are all of these house members during negotiations of the largest stimulus package of all time?

Why aren't they on hand to discuss the largest stimulus package of all time?

Did no one think there would ever be discussion or a vote on this package?

how what is possible to have 96 Senators available to vote in Washington. but not majority of house members?

I'm sure the media will get to the bottom of this conundrum

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

I assume you feel this same way about those that vote red no matter what?

What's the point of demanding the roll call vote? They just don't want the package passed so they will do everything possible to delay/cancel it?

Just now, whoknew said:

What's the point of demanding the roll call vote? They just don't want the package passed so they will do everything possible to delay/cancel it?

Whats the point of going off against it and then voting for it as is?

There isnt one, politicians gonna politician.

6 minutes ago, whoknew said:

It was just a stunt.  There was zero chance it would not pass.

It was a negotiated bill - so nobody was really happy with it - but "perfect" is the enemy of good.  You have to take the negotiated bill now, and fight for your version in the 4th stimulus bill that will come out in May...

48 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I don't think it's a "they." I think it's just Massie.

As far as I know, he has not stated his reason.

16 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I don't think it's a "they." I think it's just Massie.

As far as I know, he has not stated his reason.

I read that AOC was considering requesting it. I guess I was including her also.

2 hours ago, The Commish said:

you understand this is a riff based on previously established ideology right?

Which everybody on the left is taking absolutely seriously. How do I know? Because I have a bunch of libs I work with saying the exact same thing - And they're serious about it.

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

Who's proclaiming loudly, " vote red no matter what! "?

2 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Which everybody on the left is taking absolutely seriously. How do I know? Because I have a bunch of libs I work with saying the exact same thing - And they're serious about it.

To be clear, in BladeRunner world "bunch of libs I work with" = "everybody on the left"...got it.

There's a rather large group of us out here observing you guys with the understanding that the people on the left saying it as equally dumb as the people on the right saying it and the people who are trying to lament their side saying it as being somehow "different" are on another level from those people.

There's a thread giving credit to Trump where it's due. I don't want to search for it, so I'll put this here: Trump was right to criticize Massie for being a dumb jerk.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

There's a thread giving credit to Trump where it's due. I don't want to search for it, so I'll put this here: Trump was right to criticize Massie for being a dumb jerk.

:goodposting:

Glad they basically ignored him and did the needful.

Like the late, great Chief Hopper said. " compromise.....it's something that's in between; kind of like halfway happy". 

3 hours ago, dkp993 said:

I'm probably biased as an I sit in the middle but anyone that votes a straight ticket is not helping.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

Who's proclaiming loudly, " vote red no matter what! "?

Are you saying there is no one like this?

3 minutes ago, zDragon said:

I'm probably biased as an I sit in the middle but anyone that votes a straight ticket is not helping.

Completely agree.  

6 minutes ago, zDragon said:

Uh huh, you and every other Gary Johnson voter here.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, huthut said:

Uh huh, you and every other Gary Johnson voter here.

Yeah, I know.  I think us in the middle have to make good decisions and not waste our votes also.  Really it is a lot more about selecting the right person for the Job regardless of the (R/D/I) that goes with them.  We need to make sure we are not settling or doing things blindly.  It is to important to us and future generations.

John Kerry (@JohnKerry) Tweeted:
Breaking news: Congressman Massie has tested positive for being an #######. He must be quarantined to prevent the spread of his massive stupidity. He's given new meaning to the term #M#######. (Finally, something the president and I can agree on!) https://t.co/N1CNLPsZjc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Honus said:

Breaking news: Congressman Massie has tested positive for being an #######. He must be quarantined to prevent the spread of his massive stupidity. He's given new meaning to the term #M#######. (Finally, something the president and I can agree on!) https://t.co/N1CNLPsZjc

Thank you Mr. Wagner.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Are you saying there is no one like this?

I'm' asking you who on the right is loudly proclaiming it like the "vote blue no matter who" idiots?

Edited by BladeRunner

1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

I'm' asking you who on the right is loudly proclaiming it like the "vote blue no matter who" idiots?

And I asked you first if you’d feel the same if it were happening from the right.  Feel free to answer my question with an answer if you want one for yours.  

2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

And I asked you first if you’d feel the same if it were happening from the right.  Feel free to answer my question with an answer if you want one for yours.  

I asked you who on the right is loudly proclaiming this?  It's a simple enough question.  I"m comparing apples to apples.  You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

2 hours ago, Honus said:

Is AOC being quarantined, asking for a friend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

I asked you who on the right is loudly proclaiming this?  It's a simple enough question.  I"m comparing apples to apples.  You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

You’re right it’s a very simple question I asked which you continue to avoid.  People only voting blue or red no matter what is exactly apples to apples.  

• Like 1