What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Former staffer accuses Joe Biden of sexual assault (1 Viewer)

ren hoek

Footballguy
Thread by Katie Halper: https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/1242691746561167360

This is a story that @ReadeAlexandra has been trying to tell since it happened in 1993. It's a story about sexual assault, retaliation and silencing. #meToo

Tara had already come forward about part of her story. After Lucy Flores accused Biden of touching her inappropriately, Reade was one of the 7 other women to share their own stories about Biden. Reade told reporters about the way he would put his hands on her shoulders, run his fingers up and down her neck. She considered talking about the rest of her story. But she didn't because her claims of sexual harassment got her doxxed and smeared as a Russian agent. That was April 2019.

Then in January 2020, Reade tried to come forward again, this time to@TIMESUPNOW @TIMESUPLDF. As @ryangrim reported on at @theintercept, the organization said they couldn't help her because Biden was a candidate for federal office & supporting a case against him could jeopardize their nonprofit status. Grim also pointed out that "The public relations firm that works on behalf of the Time’s Up Legal Defense Fund is SKDKnickerbocker, whose managing director, Anita Dunn, is the top adviser to Biden’s presidential campaign."

Not surprisingly, there were no witnesses to the alleged sexual assault. But Tara's brother and her good friend, each of whom I've spoken with, recall being told about the assault by Tara at the time. This is a story that should have been looked into. Tara reached out to countless people to try to get her story out. Nobody would.  Not even the one organization that was made to support women like her.

Here is her story: https://soundcloud.com/katie-halper/tara-to-post

Other reporting (will update as outlets post):

TheHill TV: https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/489719-tara-reade-discusses-biden-allegation-with-hilltvs-rising

Reason: https://reason.com/2020/03/26/joe-biden-tara-reade-sexual-assault-me-too-believe-women/

Yahoo Sports?: https://sports.yahoo.com/joe-biden-faces-sexual-assault-103805167.html

Vox: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/27/21195935/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation

Washington Examiner: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/biden-supporters-face-metoo-reckoning-after-tara-reade-accuses-him-of-sexual-assault

HuffPo: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-sexual-assault-tara-reade_n_5e7e69c8c5b6256a7a2a88f2

Last edited by a moderator:
#MeToo Pioneer Alyssa Milano Blasted Over Silence on Biden Sexual Assault Accuser

Milano is considered one of the pioneers of the modern #MeToo movement, with many citing her October 2017 tweet as the start.

March 2nd, Milano tweeted her endorsement for Joe Biden, adding “I refuse to underestimate the power of intelligence, kindness and decency.”

Alyssa Milano✔@Alyssa_Milano

I refuse to underestimate the power of intelligence, kindness and decency.

My friend, @JoeBiden has all of that and so much more.

Joe already has the respect of world leaders. He has the experience to effectively lead on day one.

I’m endorsing Joe Biden for President.
Now Tara Reade, a #MeToo sexual assault accuser of Joe Biden is speaking out and recently appeared on The Hill TV.

Per Reason, Reade says she worked for Biden in the early 1990s and asserts that she was unambiguously assaulted by him in 1993. According to Reade, he began kissing her without her permission, pushed her against a wall, reached under her skirt, and penetrated her with his fingers.

Several Twitter users are now calling out Milano for staying silent thus far.

Alyssa Milano✔@Alyssa_Milano

You can’t pretend to be the party of the American people and then not support a woman who comes forward with her #MeToo story. #TuesdayThoughts

Robby Starbuck✔@robbystarbuck

So @Alyssa_Milano — Do you believe Tara Reade who accuses @JoeBiden of penetrating her against her will? She worked for Joe in his Senate office. Will you still endorse and campaign for Joe?

Michael #Bernie2020@Berniewouldawon

Any comment on the Tara Reade story?

Neff-rey Epstein@Neff688

Alyssa Milano endorsed Joe Biden and is silent about Tara Reade, in case you had any doubts she was full of s*it
In 2017, @Alyssa_Milano was one of the people who started the #metoo conversation on social media.

Today, she is choosing to stay silent and continue to support Biden when Tara Reade spoke about her story.

probably should post this in the Biden thread as well.  Biden is incompetent and has skeletons in the closet.  I can't believe he is going to be the Dem nominee.
He did, but when that didn't get any attention he started this thread. Apparently some people really want to see Trump reelected. 

So we get to decide between a guy with 20 sexual assault allegations who would currently be in prison but for his political position, and a guy with 8 allegations. Country is going places.

Did you listen to the excerpt?  It's a 7-minute blurb.  It sounds convincing.  Are you going to acknowledge the actual substance or just attack the character of women making a credible sexual assault allegation?  
Did Katie Halper make a credible allegation?  Because that is the only person Saints questioned...he did not attack the character of anyone with an allegation, correct?

I’m not unwilling to discuss this and take it wherever it might lead. But not now. Let’s get past the crisis first. 

Biden has a history of creepiness but we should let this play out.   If indeed true then we should put Bernie back in the mix.

Did Katie Halper make a credible allegation?  Because that is the only person Saints questioned...he did not attack the character of anyone with an allegation, correct?
He's not commented on the allegation in either thread- just made it about Katie Halper for undisclosed reasons and dismissed it off hand, I presume because he's a Biden supporter.  

So treat this just like all the accusations against trump or will this be handled differently?
Hopefully it will be handled differently.  Everything Trump related is taken to the extreme and Biden should not be put through that.  It should be handled in a fashion that it treats both parties with respect before writing thousands of puff/hit pieces.  

He's not commented on the allegation in either thread- just made it about Katie Halper for undisclosed reasons and dismissed it off hand, I presume because he's a Biden supporter.  
So he didn't actually attack the character of a woman with a credible assault allegation?

Thanks

I think allegations should be treated as just that...allegations.  Innocent until proven guilty.  We should take the allegations seriously and investigate it.  But we shouldn't just punish/condemn everyone accused of it.  

That goes for Kavanaugh.  That goes for Biden.  

If you believed that women's word on this should be taken as gospel during the Kavanaugh thing--well I hope you're sticking to your guns now.  

Or maybe now you can see how being accused of something (even something as terrible as rape) shouldn't be an automatic red mark/disqualification.

This really reads like it is more important to defeat Trump then find out the truth about alleged sexual misconduct. 
This was 1973. There was no police report at the time or any corroborating physical evidence, so there is no truth to be found out at this moment.  It is as good or as bad as the Kavanaugh allegations which Republicans completely dismissed because it was a "He said, She said" from over 40 years ago. 

It is hilarious that Trump defenders who never cared about "Grab em by the #####" and 17+ allegations of sexual misconduct about Trump, suddenly want to know the truth about this almost 50 year old charge against Biden 

This was 1973. There was no police report at the time or any corroborating physical evidence, so there is no truth to be found out at this moment.  It is as good or as bad as the Kavanaugh allegations which Republicans completely dismissed because it was a "He said, She said" from over 40 years ago. 

It is hilarious that Trump defenders who never cared about "Grab em by the #####" and 17+ allegations of sexual misconduct about Trump, suddenly want to know the truth about this almost 50 year old charge against Biden 
Where’s theirs smoke theirs fire.  Feels like this is the tip of the iceberg.

Where’s theirs smoke theirs fire.  Feels like this is the tip of the iceberg.
Wait, what?  Did he just literally say it happened in 1973 with no police report or evidence so we should not believe it?'  This is crazy.  Did someone really post this?

How does this jibe with those who backed Kavanaugh's accuser which also happened YEARS ago with ZERO evidence from her.  In fact, there was direct evidence from her own friend who said that never happened.

They hypocrisy is absolutely stunning.  Wow.

We know why Biden said he was going to choose a woman VP out of left field at the debate a couple weeks ago now. The campaign was trying to get out in front of this.

It doesn't matter because if elected he will be impeached anyway.....we know why....and if the republicans control both house and senate he will be removed.
Why will he be impeached?  What would be the impeachable offense?

Control the house and senate?  Thats funny.

You think controlling everything is funny??

There will be impeachment inquiries, Biden's son` jobs, sexual harassments, Ukraine, it will be a mess,
I think assuming the Republicans will win the house is funny.

I think after throwing fits for months claiming Biden would be impeached immediately if elected is funny.

His son’s jobs long before Biden was elected are not an impeachable offense.  Nor was Biden enacting official US policy with bipartisan support.  Obviously previous claims of sexual harassment are also not impeachable either.

Users who are viewing this thread