What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Former staffer accuses Joe Biden of sexual assault (1 Viewer)

The election is 6 months away.  Biden is not the nominee yet.  It is not too late for the Democrats to say "no, we will not run an alleged rapist against Donald Trump."  
Even if that were possible at this point ( which for a whole lot of reasons it isn’t) the result would be either total chaos and a Trump victory or Bernie Sanders and a Trump victory. 

Dont think any were active at the time he was running?
Clinton was a well known adulterer when he was running.  The sexual harassment, sexual assault, and rape allegations were not well known until 1998.   Was not enough to remove him.

Clinton was a well known adulterer when he was running.  The sexual harassment, sexual assault, and rape allegations were not well known until 1998.   Was not enough to remove him.
I think that the sexual harassment charge  at least (Paula Jones) was widely known prior to the 1996 election. 

I think we should have this woman come testify live on national tv in front of Congress. let her tell her story and let the world hear it. especially if this man wants to be president, or was it senator? 
I don’t. We’ve never done that before for any other candidate for President. 

I have asked you 4 times a simple question.   Do you think Joe Biden has ever been gropey and or had any type of sexual misconduct with women in the past?

Just yes or no.   You comment on everything so why do you refuse to answer this simple question?  Squis, your answer will not impact the election.

I will take your response as a yes unless you refute it.
Hey GB @squistion , Yes .....No?

simple

Democrats are simply adhering to the standard set by conservatives.  Decade long accusations, surfacing only during times of importance in the public person's life, with no actual evidence are not to be held against the candidate or nominee.

The standard has been set that these accusations are assumed to be politically based.  Simple as that.  Where was the accuser during Biden's VP or Senate years the last 25 years?
So your standards and behavior is dictated by conservatives?  Noted thanks

I think we should have this woman come testify live on national tv in front of Congress. let her tell her story and let the world hear it. especially if this man wants to be president, or was it senator? 
Let's do that with the 43+ women who have accused the incumbent first, then go for number 44(+)

You guys will have plenty of time to pursue this once Biden is President. I might even join you at that point, probably will. If the evidence is clear I’ll demand his resignation. 

But all that comes later. First we deal with the greater threat. This whole issue should be dismissed, swept under the rug, until after November. 

You guys will have plenty of time to pursue this once Biden is President. I might even join you at that point, probably will. If the evidence is clear I’ll demand his resignation. 

But all that comes later. First we deal with the greater threat. This whole issue should be dismissed, swept under the rug, until after November. 
Then everyone bringing up an old possible rape should have it swept under the rug.  Well done.  

It’s only going to get better for Joe Biden: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/04/28/polls-show-trump-losing-ground-to-biden/amp/

That’s the good news. The bad news is that by the time he’s sworn in this nation is going to be in its worst economic crisis in history. 
I think you got confused about which thread you're in. This is the Rapey Joe Biden thread.

You're looking for this...

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/773938-official-joe-biden-campaign-thread/page/90/?tab=comments#comment-22684563

I think we should stay on topic here. everyone is obsessed with the president. Joe Biden was accused of sexual assault and the left's defense is, "well president Trump..."
This is patently untrue. My discarding of Reade's story is because her corroborating witnesses (last I checked) haven't corroborated anything

Why would she testify in front of Congress?  Congress doesn't have anything to do with the primaries or election.

This is patently untrue. My discarding of Reade's story is because her corroborating witnesses (last I checked) haven't corroborated anything
I think we have six or seven people who verified that Reade told them about Biden sexually assaulting her back in the year it happened.  We have interns who corroborated Reade had her duties abruptly taken away about the time of the alledged assault.  So we have a trail of evidence that collaborates the allegations and possible retribution by the Biden campaign.  

Meanwhile the person you do believe never told anyone and every one of the alledged witnesses to the alledged party deny any party as she described even happened.

Glad you aren't showing any conformation bias here... 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we have six or seven people who verified that Reade told them about Biden sexually assaulting her back in the year it happened. We have interns who corroborated Reade had her duties abruptly taken away about the time of the alledged assault.  
Right now it's the neighbor and a friend. The brother has varied. The claim about the mother is believable. And it was two interns who said that Reade stopped overseeing them in the spring (Reade worked there until August, and she has given five different reasons why she left). I'm certainly not doubting Reade here but it would help to keep this straight.

I think we have six or seven people who verified that Reade told them about Biden sexually assaulting her back in the year it happened.  We have interns who corroborated Reade had her duties abruptly taken away about the time of the alledged assault.  So we have a trail of evidence that collaborates the allegations and possible retribution by the Biden campaign.  

Meanwhile the person you do believe never told anyone and every one of the alledged witnesses to the alledged party deny any party as she described even happened.

Glad you aren't showing any conformation bias here... 🤣
You are grossly overstating both the number of people "corroborating" her story and what they recall.  Usually it's "she was upset about something"

Why is this just coming to light now?  Where's the actual proof?  That defense was used sucessfully for both Trump and Kav, you wouldn't be suggesting it shouldn't apply to Biden too would you?  Why that would be hypocritical.

And just an aside, if conservatives think this is a winning argument when we have Trump on tape using the Harvey Weinstein defense of "they let you do it", bring it on.

The man wants to be president.

If this is the standard then Cavanaugh should have been confirmed, then investigated 
You're aware that Congress, not the people, confirm the SCOTUS right?

Again, let her testify and then let the multitude of Donnie's testify too.  Fair is fair, right? 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/the-hypocrisy-on-tara-reade-is-a-national-disgrace/

The Hypocrisy on Tara Reade Is a National Disgrace

The EditorsApril 27, 2020 3:06 PM

Former Vice President Joe Biden speaks to the media in Washington, D.C., April 5, 2019. (Joshua Roberts/Reuters)

We do not know whether the accusations that Tara Reade has leveled against Joe Biden are true or false. That is a question of evidence and of inquiry that might be answered as time rolls on. We do know, by contrast, that the double standard that has been exhibited by Biden’s campaign and by the political press in tandem is a national disgrace. Both culturally and legally, due process must be habitually applied to nobody or to everyone. If, upon the most frivolous and protean of pretexts, it is routinely accorded to one faction while being denied to another, it is effectively lost.

:popcorn:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/the-hypocrisy-on-tara-reade-is-a-national-disgrace/

The Hypocrisy on Tara Reade Is a National Disgrace

The EditorsApril 27, 2020 3:06 PM

Former Vice President Joe Biden speaks to the media in Washington, D.C., April 5, 2019. (Joshua Roberts/Reuters)

We do not know whether the accusations that Tara Reade has leveled against Joe Biden are true or false. That is a question of evidence and of inquiry that might be answered as time rolls on. We do know, by contrast, that the double standard that has been exhibited by Biden’s campaign and by the political press in tandem is a national disgrace. Both culturally and legally, due process must be habitually applied to nobody or to everyone. If, upon the most frivolous and protean of pretexts, it is routinely accorded to one faction while being denied to another, it is effectively lost.

:popcorn:
How is it hypocrisy when the same standards conservatives use are being applied?  Old claim only brought up during the election with zero actual evidence.  I mean if Biden were on tape bragging about sexually assaulting women and justifying it by using the Weinstein defense, well surely everyone would consider him unfit.

The man wants to be president, or senator, or he is president in his basement... I don't think he really knows. 

If this is the standard then Cavanaugh should have been confirmed, then investigated 
So your first few lines are simply ridiculous and meant to get a reaction.  Not a good look.

As for Kavanaugh...those were confirmation hearings...part of what happens with a Supreme Court Justice seeking lifetime appointment.  That isnt something that happens with Presidential elections.  Therefore there is no standard of a congressional hearing about a candidate.  The comparison is simply not a valid one.

Because there isn’t time. Because it would give Trump a strong edge. 

I think Biden will be our next President. He’ll serve a 4 year term and then it will be his VP for another 8 years. I’m happy with that result. 
I don`t think it will give Trump any edge at all.  A few short months ago Biden was viewed as one of the weaker candidates.  If Biden has to step aside whoever takes his place will get the same amount of votes as Biden would have, maybe more Biden does not appeal to younger voters.

You are grossly overstating both the number of people "corroborating" her story and what they recall.  Usually it's "she was upset about something"

Why is this just coming to light now?  Where's the actual proof?  That defense was used sucessfully for both Trump and Kav, you wouldn't be suggesting it shouldn't apply to Biden too would you?  Why that would be hypocritical.

And just an aside, if conservatives think this is a winning argument when we have Trump on tape using the Harvey Weinstein defense of "they let you do it", bring it on.
So you acknowledge there is corroboration from witnesses.  And name one piece of evidence or corroboration from within 30-years of it happening supports Ford.  The rationale you provided means you should believe Reade and not Ford.  :shrug:  

So you acknowledge there is corroboration from witnesses.  And name one piece of evidence or corroboration from within 30-years of it happening supports Ford.  The rationale you provided means you should believe Reade and not Ford.  :shrug:  
The standard has been set.  Ford has no direct evidence, the timing is dubious at best, and most importantly the same circumstances did not impact Kav getting the nomination.  Trump and Kav set the precedent for what the standard of proof is.

If Biden were a SCOTUS nominee, then most definitely should have hearings on this.  He's not, the voters have the info and will decide. 

How is it hypocrisy when the same standards conservatives use are being applied?  Old claim only brought up during the election with zero actual evidence.  I mean if Biden were on tape bragging about sexually assaulting women and justifying it by using the Weinstein defense, well surely everyone would consider him unfit.
It isn't. 

Still nobody in the media has had enough courage to ask Biden about this serious charge. What a shameful bunch the “free press” are.

It is pretty simple, IMO.

If you called for investigations into Kavanaugh, Trump, Fairfax, Franken, etc. and are completely dismissing any of these allegations against Biden, you are a hypocrite.

If you excused the behavior of Kavanaugh, Trump, Fairfax, Franken, etc., and thought it was all a partisan witch hunt, yet want Biden investigated, you are a hypocrite.

If you called for investigations into Kavanaugh, Trump, Fairfax, Franken, etc. and are completely dismissing any of these allegations against Biden, you are a hypocrite.

If you excused the behavior of Kavanaugh, Trump, Fairfax, Franken, etc., and thought it was all a partisan witch hunt, yet want Biden investigated, you are a hypocrite.
Agreed.

For people like me with no dog in the fight, this is making the left look REALLY bad. The hypocrisy is off the charts. Hard to believe actually. 
I have no dog in this fight, and it makes BOTH sides look bad, re: the hypocrisy noted in the moops post that I quoted above.  It's comical the lengths some will go to, to criticize the other side while giving their side the benefit of the doubt.

Right now it's the neighbor and a friend. The brother has varied. The claim about the mother is believable. And it was two interns who said that Reade stopped overseeing them in the spring (Reade worked there until August, and she has given five different reasons why she left). I'm certainly not doubting Reade here but it would help to keep this straight.
and....Lorraine Sanchez, who worked with Reade in the office of a California state senator in the mid-'90s, told Insider that she recalls Reade complaining at the time that her former boss in Washington, DC, had sexually harassed her, and that she had been fired after raising concerns.

The only partisan witch hunt was Kavanaugh which was certainly about protecting abortion,  which she lied about under oath.  There was zero to back up her claim that anything even happened let alone Kavanaugh being involved.   Trump is slimely and undoubtedly guilty with far too many credible reports.  Fairfax was probably guilty with two credible rape allegations from women with no motivation to lie.  Franken was a victim of poor timing as his crimes were offensive but mostly just juvenal bs.  Biden is probably guilty as the story is corroborated and fits his history of uncomfortable touching.   Reade told her story to people while she still supported him politically.    

Users who are viewing this thread