What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Former staffer accuses Joe Biden of sexual assault (1 Viewer)

Fox news is hilarious.  It seems like they are all over the media and anyone that has thrown in their support for Biden, but they are careful not to criticize Biden himself for the alleged crimes.  They walk a fine line knowing that their guy is 10 times worse when it comes to this stuff.

That's right.  The Democrats protect their own just like the Republicans.  Even when they commit sexual assault.  
It's so weird how you have essentially convicted Biden based on a decades old accusation that this gal could have made any time during the last 25 years.

But yea, Biden is 100% guilty to you.  Where was this gal during the Obama years?  Such an odd time to find the courage to come forward now...

1 million people with the virus. 58,000 dead. But let’s discuss whether Biden should drop out. 
No one is making you click this thread.  But you can't help yourself.   You can be against sexual assault and people dying from a virus.  It's not one or the other but you've made your choice.  

I was just curious about what double standard you are complaining of?  Trump has dozens of credible sexual assault allegations against him and the right wing media pretends it doesn't exist.  So you will think it is is funny if the left ignores this claim against Biden, but do not think it is funny that the right buries dozens of similar claims against a sitting president?  The hypocrisy you are calling out is itself hypocritical.

Also, Re Kavanagh - I believe Ford.  I invested a lot of time into that whole thing and read everything.  Kavanagh lied in his confirmation hearing and lied to the Senate directly about ridiculous things (Devil's Triangle = drinking game).  He came off as a guy who could have been cast in Porky's based on his college years.  I know others disagree and I'm not interested in rehashing the evidence.  
The double standard is squarely on the liberal side.  The left was so high on their high horse during the Kavanaugh hearings is was disgusting.  Pointing out how absurdly hypocritical many are is not hypocritical.  Believe women!  Women don't lie!  Excusing all of Ford's inconsistencies and why she never came out until the 11th hour.  Reporting ever little rumor no matter how absurd and without a shred of investigation which would have quickly show the stories were total fabrications.  Being offended if anyone dares questions the victim's story.  

We can discuss both.
Not really. 

No one is making you click this thread.  But you can't help yourself.   You can be against sexual assault and people dying from a virus.  It's not one or the other but you've made your choice.  
It is one or the other. 

Wrong thread.  
No it’s the right thread. 

This is not a legitimate issue at this time. Donald Trump is incompetent and it’s imperative to remove him for the health of this country. Anything that detracts from that is harmful to that purpose. 

The double standard is squarely on the liberal side.  The left was so high on their high horse during the Kavanaugh hearings is was disgusting.  Pointing out how absurdly hypocritical many are is not hypocritical.  Believe women!  Women don't lie!  Excusing all of Ford's inconsistencies and why she never came out until the 11th hour.  Reporting ever little rumor no matter how absurd and without a shred of investigation which would have quickly show the stories were total fabrications.  Being offended if anyone dares questions the victim's story.  
Do you not think that a lifetime appointment vs an 8 year max (4 in Trump's case) term determined by the voters is just a TAD different.

Take for example Trump's treatment after an exhausting number of women came forward.  The news reported it and that's it.  No hearings, no nothing. 

The double standard all on one side comment is hilarious really.  Especially as we see Trump supporters posting Breitbart articles and making claims about Biden.  And people who didn't even think Ford should testify or Kavanaugh should be investigated at all...that are now in the Biden should step down and is definitely guilty camp.

It’s ludicrous.

The double standard all on one side comment is hilarious really.  Especially as we see Trump supporters posting Breitbart articles and making claims about Biden.  And people who didn't even think Ford should testify or Kavanaugh should be investigated at all...that are now in the Biden should step down and is definitely guilty camp.

It’s ludicrous.
Forget about Kavanaugh. They’re jumping on this, IMO, because they don’t want to talk about the only story that matters right now. Because their guy has been such a disaster and they don’t want to admit it. 

So wait, this story comes out of the blue about Biden just slamming this chick against a wall in some public place and starts groping inside her?  And that sounds credible to you?  He's been in public life for a million years, and this just comes out now and by her alone?

C'mon.  Biden's a handsy ol' fellow who definitely showed affection in weird, harmless ways.  But this chicks recount is 100% against any Biden we've ever seen. 
Making multiple women feel uncomfortable in a well documented overly handsy way is harmless to you.

Nice.

Making multiple women feel uncomfortable in a well documented overly handsy way is harmless to you.

Nice.
I felt uncomfortable when my grandmother kissed me.

News at 11!

Meanwhile Trump admits that he can just Weinstein gals whenever he wants.  "They let him."

Exactly the same thing though. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really. 

It is one or the other. 

This is not a legitimate issue at this time. Donald Trump is incompetent and it’s imperative to remove him for the health of this country. Anything that detracts from that is harmful to that purpose. 
Sounds like a coup.   

Its gonna be interesting to see how Biden plays this and whether he can control the damage as well as Trump has with a lot more allegations.   Problem for Biden is that his base is a lot more sensitive to this then the base of Trump.  

Its gonna be interesting to see how Biden plays this and whether he can control the damage as well as Trump has with a lot more allegations.   Problem for Biden is that his base is a lot more sensitive to this then the base of Trump.  
If nobody in the media will ask Biden, directly in an interview, about Reade’s allegation then he’s gonna have an easier go of it. 

If nobody in the media will ask Biden, directly in an interview, about Reade’s allegation then he’s gonna have an easier go of it. 
He's certainly gonna get asked about it.   There's 6 more months.   This story only broke in the mainstream media a couple weeks ago in the middle of a pandemic.

Not really. 

It is one or the other. 

Tim, what does this have to do with Joe Biden's sexual assaults case?  Right now Joe could be caught in the act with a 10 year boy and he would still probably win.  Lets just give this woman her just do like we did Ford. 

He's certainly gonna get asked about it.   There's 6 more months.   This story only broke in the mainstream media a couple weeks ago in the middle of a pandemic.
Yet, Sanders, Kloubachar, Whitmer, and Gillibrand have all been asked about it - and addressed it publicly - within the same timeframe. 

Besides a 1v1 debate with Trump (which I’m not sure will actually take place) I don’t think Biden will hear much about this at all. 

Yet, Sanders, Kloubachar, Whitmer, and Gillibrand have all been asked about it - and addressed it publicly - within the same timeframe. 

Besides a 1v1 debate with Trump (which I’m not sure will actually take place) I don’t think Biden will hear much about this at all. 
Sanders was asked about it?  What did he say?

Tim, what does this have to do with Joe Biden's sexual assaults case?  Right now Joe could be caught in the act with a 10 year boy and he would still probably win.  Lets just give this woman her just do like we did Ford. 
Biden should win but who knows? I don’t want to take any chances. This woman can have her due after Biden takes office.

You've written off and downplayed it with some of the most tortured logic I've probably ever seen.  But no, you haven't deflected away from it.  
It’s not tortured. If the story is true, Biden is awful. But he’s the only alternative. There you go. 

Completely disagree.  We should give this woman the same just that we gave to Jessica Leeds.

Apples to Apples.

Sanders was asked about it?  What did he say?
good question, and i admit in wrong here.

up-thread i read another post (Saints? Ren?) who referenced Sanders himself being asked about Reade's allegation. I took a 30-second cursory google of "Sanders+Reade+allegation" and didn't see anywhere where Bernie was asked, directly, about the Reade allegation and how it relates to Biden.

not placing blame anywhere but myself: I'll do better with checking my sources going forward.

good question, and i admit in wrong here.

up-thread i read another post (Saints? Ren?) who referenced Sanders himself being asked about Reade's allegation. I took a 30-second cursory google of "Sanders+Reade+allegation" and didn't see anywhere where Bernie was asked, directly, about the Reade allegation and how it relates to Biden.

not placing blame anywhere but myself: I'll do better with checking my sources going forward.
your sources were correct- Sanders was asked about it by CBS News.  said he "didn't know enough about it to comment any further."  I wonder if he knows enough now?  

It’s not tortured. If the story is true, Biden is awful. But he’s the only alternative. There you go. 
What are you talking about tim.  No- you do not have to vote for a rapist.  It'd be better if people didn't vote at all, or just voted for someone else.  It's insulting to demand women make that choice.  

Biden Should Release His Papers

His senatorial records may contain evidence relevant to Tara Reade’s accusation.

I never saw a bunch of smart liberals front Donald Trump as a guy that will restore decency, normalcy and integrity to this country.  In fact, I don't remember anyone I consider even remotely credible propping him up as a "decent" individual.  I have, however, seen tons of people telling me that I have to vote for Joe Biden to get this country back to a normal.  

I don't support Trump, never voted for him and am not voting for him in 2020 either.  He is irrelevant to this discussion.  This thread is about sexual assault allegations against Joe Biden.  Do you care to add any thoughts on those?  
So the answer to my question is no, then. Got it. That’s what I thought. 

Dems have a lot of time here, they should investigate him and if they mind enough evidence in their minds they should pull him and jump to Cuomo

There's a little bit of an advantage here as well because the Repubs are going to spend all summer tearing down Biden

Wrong.  Plenty of time to put someone better on the ballot.  
Hillary might endorse Joe but she has to be keeping an eagle eye on this sexual assault.   Hillary could slide in the back door as the dem nominee and actually win this time.   If I had to vote for Hillary or Joe I would vote Hillary.

Is it? Maybe. I don’t care. IMO the country is teetering toward disaster beyond imagining. We need to defeat Donald Trump. Nothing else matters. 
Yeah it's quite disgusting.  You're basically saying this woman getting sexually assaulted doesn't matter because Trump.   You're no different than the people you pointed fingers at during Kavanaugh.  Remember everyone saying the Republicans could have just chosen another candidate and not lost the SCOTUS seat?  Well same here the Dems can choose another candidate to run against Trump.   Your entire attitude and dismissal of this claim is very disgusting and the reason #MeToo is a giant joke

Users who are viewing this thread