What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Former staffer accuses Joe Biden of sexual assault (2 Viewers)

I think you are using the word 'corroborated' pretty loosely.  She has told a few people over the years about what she recounted that happened.  They are only corroborating what she told them.

I honestly don't know what happened.  Somewhere between Biden threw her against a wall and violated her with his finger... or Biden gave her an appreciative (but unwanted) shoulder squeeze and someone made a delusional fantasy about it.

No one knows what happened.  I don't think it's fair to call Reid a nut job and I don't think it's fair to call Biden a rapist.

geez what’s wrong with some of you 
I don't think he's wrong.

If we were to eliminate the stink of sexual harassment accusations from the 2020 POTUS Election.....neither guy would be on the ticket.  If there are those on the Right calling for Biden to get out of the race for this.....I think they'd probably be better served to clean up their own back yard first.  

timschochet said:
Anyhow, I’ve made my position pretty clear. Anything further would be redundant, so I’m bowing out of the thread now. You guys go on; personally I’m not interested in discussing this subject further until the election is over. 
Dont let the door hit ya where biden sniffed ya! 

Should Joe step down?  What if he's innnocent?
Fair point of clarification. As of right now, no I don't think he should step down.  But that said, they should make it clear that they're taking her complaint seriously and doing a thorough investigation. If nothing else but for the optics of the whole thing.

Fair point of clarification. As of right now, no I don't think he should step down.  But that said, they should make it clear that they're taking her complaint seriously and doing a thorough investigation. If nothing else but for the optics of the whole thing.
I'm sure there will be an investigation....with Biden's career on the line based on the legitimacy of the accusations....... Though I'd almost wager that there's already been several internal investigations in the DNC* about this......with the result being (for lack of better wording) "not particularly credible".  Hell, I'd say the Bidens comeback and consolidation in the primary is a vote of confidence that this isn't legit**.  If Biden were tainted, I don't think Super Tuesday goes down the way it did.  All the candidates were doing well against Trump....and even if the DNC didn't want Bernie.....there were a couple of other candidates to consolidate behind besides "Dead in the Water" Biden to make a stand against the Foreign Horde of Bernie Bros. 

*The real problem with this is that they are basically the "they're" of your statement....and to that, if a minimal amount is found to validate this.....it's not going to be over for some of our more anti-DNC/Democratic Party board members.  It will just be viewed as a cover-up.  

**Or it's a vote of confidence that the voting electorate will accept  an intangible  "he said/she said" situation from 25 years ago......but that's a far more dangerous gambit for the Democrats to take then the Republicahs; as I feel that accusations towards Trumps lechery are very important to some Democratic voters while Republicans seem to have no problem voting for a man of questionable morals in regards to sex and power.  

For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time.
That presumption was not given to Christine Blasey Ford by a lot of the folks here.

Here's what Team Trump said about some of his accusers.  Seems like they're OK to let the voting public decide this.

“These false claims, totally disputed in most cases by eyewitness accounts, were addressed at length during last year’s campaign, and the American people voiced their judgment by delivering a decisive victory,” a White House spokesperson said in a statement."

Here is something else that didn't figure into their calculation: Joe Biden being a rapist.  He needs to step down.  
I hate to harp on this, but you aren't being consistent.  There are a dozen accusers of Trump.  Some are every bit as legit as Reade's.  The day you say: "Trump is a rapist.  He needs to step down." Is the day I accept that you aren't a political shill.

You can say you don't want trump to win all you want, but your actions speak otherwise.  You are not being consistent.  You are being hypocritical.

Frankly, the media seems to be giving the same short shrift to the Trump accusers that you think they are giving to Reade.  But you don't attack the media for that.  You don't call Trump a rapist.  

And make no mistake, there is NOT enough evidence out there to be calling Biden a rapist, any more than there is to call Trump a rapist.  

You clearly have an agenda.

For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time.
Do we feel the same way about the Trump accusers? 

Bernie was the only one of this group with a viable path forward. I'd be happy to late all of them start it up again though... any are better than JB
Bernie is losing in a head to head with Trump.  I'd prefer Cuomo at this point, or even dusting off the ghost of Al Gore.  Bernie is unwinnable, which is why the Trumpers are ALL OVER this Reade thing. 

Bernie's never getting the nomination.  It don't matter what happens to Biden. He could drop dead in a week, and they'd find someone else.

Bernie is losing in a head to head with Trump.  I'd prefer Cuomo at this point, or even dusting off the ghost of Al Gore.  Bernie is unwinnable, which is why the Trumpers are ALL OVER this Reade thing. 

Bernie's never getting the nomination.  It don't matter what happens to Biden. He could drop dead in a week, and they'd find someone else.
I agree, there's no way the DNC let's Bernie have it. Even if Bernie had a plurality they wouldn't have let Bernie have it so surely they won't now. 

Be careful what you wish for with Cuomo, he has a lot of issues. 

If I'm being honest I hope they are forced to stick with Biden. They pushed everyone else out so I hope they play it all the way through.

Those were Creepy Uncle Joe's own words... I wonder if he still believes them... or even remembers he said them
Let’s not forget, even if true, we are talking about the actions of 2 high school kids at a kegger being looked at through the same prism as the actions of a Senator towards a subordinate female staff member.  

Last edited by a moderator:
All I see in here is "well trump..."

Trump has nothing to do with this. 

According to liberals, Republicans are immoral, dont stand up for women, etc. So... why would a liberal use a defense of "well trump..." for Biden? Are they suggesting that democrats should be immoral and not for women? I thought liberals were more evolved, moral, etc. If that were true they'd be demanding Quid Pro Joe drop out immediately 
Pro-Tip.  It’s been lip service all along. They will look the other way or circle the wagons for one of their own as long as they can as long as they have money and/or power.  Look at Weinstein.  

That presumption was not given to Christine Blasey Ford by a lot of the folks here.
:lmao:   Bolded makes this a pretty big lie.  

You dismissing Reade makes you no better of a partison hack person than those you criticized over Ford.  Just don't ever whine about anyone else dismissing a claim again whether it's sexual assault or any one of the numerous other things you've posted over the years like racism at Starbucks.

I think they should investigate and if there is even a little bit of fire there they should move on from him.  They have a lot of good candidates available.  It's not that hard.

But this is how corrupt and broken the system is in the USA.  The dems forced out franken over nothing.  The repubs have never acted in that manner. They circle the wagons, blame someone else and move on.  

Head to head with Trump though he 100% gets my vote

After Trump resigns (who has an accusation of rape some find just as believable) let's talk about it.
I hate this line of reasoning.  The Democratic party is supposed to be better than this.  They are supposed to believe victims.  It was their mantra during the Kavanaugh hearings.  Now, I don't know what to think other than they have sold their morals for the best shot to beat Trump.  Then what?

All I see in here is "well trump..."

Trump has nothing to do with this. 

According to liberals, Republicans are immoral, dont stand up for women, etc. So... why would a liberal use a defense of "well trump..." for Biden? Are they suggesting that democrats should be immoral and not for women? I thought liberals were more evolved, moral, etc. If that were true they'd be demanding Quid Pro Joe drop out immediately 
Trump has everything to do with it.

You can't ignore the 23+ accusations against him which are just as serious and say Joe is disqualified for this one accusation by this flaky woman who changed her story in the last year. 

I hate this line of reasoning.  The Democratic party is supposed to be better than this.  They are supposed to believe victims.  It was their mantra during the Kavanaugh hearings.  Now, I don't know what to think other than they have sold their morals for the best shot to beat Trump.  Then what?
Well...we all are supposed to be better than this.

I may not agree...but I think some get tired of being "better" and continuing to lose power to those who simply won't play by the same standards and openly defend the actions of those that refuse to play by such standards.  I get it.

But yeah...Biden should step down...he absolutely should.  But it doesn't look like its going to happen.  

There was an FBI investigation into the Blasey Ford (and other) accusations.  Not sure what more you wanted/needed.  
Well...a quasi investigation...lets be clear to what that was.  How many were even interviewed by the FBI on that?  And it only happened because of the circumstances and how things were going in the confirmation.  I also don't recall many that support him now having thought Kavanaugh should step down back then...

Trump has everything to do with it.

You can't ignore the 23+ accusations against him which are just as serious and say Joe is disqualified for this one accusation by this flaky woman who changed her story in the last year. 
Bad look calling a sexual assault victim "flaky".  

Bad look calling a sexual assault victim "flaky".  
She is flaky as has been well documented. She has gone by multiple names. She criticized Putin then suddenly did a 180 and started praising him. She steadfastly supported Biden for years despite her claim now that  he raped her. And most importantly she changed her story about the incident in the last year or so.  

There is more to, to her flakiness, in a link earlier in this thread but I don't feel like searching for it. 

She is flaky as has been well documented. She has gone by multiple names. She criticized Putin then suddenly did a 180 and started praising him. She steadfastly supported Biden for years despite her claim now that  he raped her. And most importantly she changed her story about the incident in the last year or so.  

There is more to, to her flakiness, in a link earlier in this thread but I don't feel like searching for it. 
Flaky like Jussie Smollett?

I'm not a psychologist but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume being (allegedly) assaulted by the 2nd most powerful person in the world might take a little bit of a toll on you mentally. 

Probably due to the emotional torture Senator Biden allegedly put her through as a young woman just trying to impress him by simply bringing him his gym bag?

Unless your boss did something like that to you, it’s bad form to pass judgement.  

I'm not a psychologist but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume being (allegedly) assaulted by the 2nd most powerful person in the world might take a little bit of a toll on you mentally. 
I don't believe in the incident occurred while he was the 2nd most powerful person in the world. 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Of course you don't.   Smullet was credible but Reade is flaky.   Seriously, you have zero credibility to ever comment on an alleged issue again.  
Not enough laughing emojis there to make your point IMO.

Smolett completely made up his assault story and should have been prosecuted, so, no, he turned out not to be credible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squis said yes he knows Biden did something inappropriate, it does not matter to him because it was not as many times as Trump. A concerning thing is when this happened Biden was a Senator.
I never said any of that. I think that is a forum record for Straw Man arguments in one paragraph. 

I hate to harp on this, but you aren't being consistent.  There are a dozen accusers of Trump.  Some are every bit as legit as Reade's.  The day you say: "Trump is a rapist.  He needs to step down." Is the day I accept that you aren't a political shill.

You can say you don't want trump to win all you want, but your actions speak otherwise.  You are not being consistent.  You are being hypocritical.

Frankly, the media seems to be giving the same short shrift to the Trump accusers that you think they are giving to Reade.  But you don't attack the media for that.  You don't call Trump a rapist.  

And make no mistake, there is NOT enough evidence out there to be calling Biden a rapist, any more than there is to call Trump a rapist.  

You clearly have an agenda.
This.

I swear this guy is my cousin......the biggest "I don't like Trump and want Bernie politics....BUUUTTTT" guy I know. 

Should Biden resign today?

Users who are viewing this thread