What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

50th Birthday Today (1 Viewer)

Atomic Punk

Footballguy
Turned 50 today and having an incredible day! My amazing wife and I were supposed to be celebrating in New Zealand and actually got to stay there for two weeks before we had to come home due to the virus. We had an amazing time despite the disruption of cutting it short due to this new reality of ours. We are now on day 6 of our home isolation. I’m a contemplative type and it is hard not to think too much at the best of times, so turning 50 during this time really ramps things up.

After a great night last night, Skyping with two very good friends and having some I-drinks, I woke up this morning, listened to the Beatles for three hours while taking phone calls and texts from friends and family. Had a great workout, took the dog for a nice walk (as neighbors crossed the street instead of stopping to chat), then chilled out listened to some funk Parliament, O’Jays, The Meters).

Mrs. Punk and I just made a delicious ribeye dinner with a wine that she brought back from NZ for this occasion ... after dinner the doorbell rings and it was my oldest friend since 5th grade bringing me a 6-pack of beer and a box of cigars (he always was the bad influence on me) and then my oldest son rolls up with his wife nd leaves a bottle of wine and a cake on the steps. It was so surreal ... enjoying their company and shooting the breeze with them (from a hockey stick distance , which is our guide in Canada) ... while at the same time thinking how odd it was to not hug the boy or do the bro shake with my bud. Funny times we have here!

Left me with only one thought when I shut the door ...I’m the luckiest guy alive!

You are hereby relieved of the pretense of youth. You'll find out now how overrated it is. Congratulations and many happy returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Atomic Punk!  Sounds like a birthday that you'll never forget.
I’m positive I won’t. Mrs. Punk and I are fairly social and would most definitely be having a party tonight but agreed that the time spent with those that matter most happened ... no amount of shots and toasts and other typical party activities would ever be better than what I already had. The odd thing is that I never would have thought that would be the case. Definitely makes me question how to spend my time more in the future.

Happy Birthday!! I turned 50 this year as well--I look in the mirror and I still see a 30 year old me looking back. So glad you had a memorable day.

I have been trying to drive the point home to my 15 year old that she will never forget this time. What is happening will take up chapters in future history books. I tried to impress that on my 20 year old daughter who is living off campus--many miles away. She just responded that she needs money for alcohol for her and her roommates.  Unfortunately, that would  have been my biggest concern when I was her age too. 

Happy birthday! I love your adventure of trying to get back home. Ties you tighter together. As a fellow 1970 baby, I wish you every happiness this year and many many more. 

This has been a perspective changing experience for a lot of people. Glad to hear yours changed in a good way.  Happy birthday. 

Turned 50 today and having an incredible day! My amazing wife and I were supposed to be celebrating in New Zealand and actually got to stay there for two weeks before we had to come home due to the virus. We had an amazing time despite the disruption of cutting it short due to this new reality of ours. We are now on day 6 of our home isolation. I’m a contemplative type and it is hard not to think too much at the best of times, so turning 50 during this time really ramps things up.

After a great night last night, Skyping with two very good friends and having some I-drinks, I woke up this morning, listened to the Beatles for three hours while taking phone calls and texts from friends and family. Had a great workout, took the dog for a nice walk (as neighbors crossed the street instead of stopping to chat), then chilled out listened to some funk Parliament, O’Jays, The Meters).

Mrs. Punk and I just made a delicious ribeye dinner with a wine that she brought back from NZ for this occasion ... after dinner the doorbell rings and it was my oldest friend since 5th grade bringing me a 6-pack of beer and a box of cigars (he always was the bad influence on me) and then my oldest son rolls up with his wife nd leaves a bottle of wine and a cake on the steps. It was so surreal ... enjoying their company and shooting the breeze with them (from a hockey stick distance , which is our guide in Canada) ... while at the same time thinking how odd it was to not hug the boy or do the bro shake with my bud. Funny times we have here!

Left me with only one thought when I shut the door ...I’m the luckiest guy alive!
i am so happy for you !

Thanks for the well wishes! Mrs Punk and I just finished four hours of karaoke to top off the night. Not quite Nipsey level but we nailed a couple of them (and butchered a whole lot more!).

Users who are viewing this thread